Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Damn dude, you sure showed us.

    These bosses seem interesting so far, can't wait to see how the actual raid is going to look like.
    Eh, I'm just hoping there's a cinematic for when you get to the part of the raid with the paragons, like with Alliance and Horde rebel forces storming towards Grommash hold and all of the remaining paragons sweep down out of the sky cleaving the foot soldiers to pieces. I knew it was coming, but having to take down Kil'Ruk the Windreaver is gonna hurt. We befriend him in the Dread Wastes and learn how he and other paragons are from a time before the ordering of Azeroth by the titans. Eons of history and a former ally dead by the end of this. I want him to at least go out with a bang.

  2. #282
    Stood in the Fire mackenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Eh, I'm just hoping there's a cinematic for when you get to the part of the raid with the paragons, like with Alliance and Horde rebel forces storming towards Grommash hold and all of the remaining paragons sweep down out of the sky cleaving the foot soldiers to pieces. I knew it was coming, but having to take down Kil'Ruk the Windreaver is gonna hurt. We befriend him in the Dread Wastes and learn how he and other paragons are from a time before the ordering of Azeroth by the titans. Eons of history and a former ally dead by the end of this. I want him to at least go out with a bang.
    Dear Blizzard,
    This kid's got an idea you could probably use.

    Signed,
    Some forum posters
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    General Nazgrim???

    NOOOOOOOOOO!

    They built that guy up through 3 expansions only to kill him off? Seriously? He had so much potential and they made him seem like he was going to maybe be one of the Orcs that came to their senses and turned against Garrosh.

    I am sad.
    I agree. If I come back, i'll be wiping the LFR groups as often as possible... I won't let them kill him without a real fight! General Nazgrim and his little monk sidekick!!!!!

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 06:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Keakee View Post
    As long as there's Forsaken running around and Blightin' stuff in SoO I'll be happy.
    Maybe, just maybe... Warchief Blightcaller wanted purple for his new faction banner

  4. #284
    Legendary! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    6,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    11 bosses per tier... thats better than cata to say the least
    How is that true.

    Tier 14 has 16 bosses
    Tier 15 has 13 bosses
    Tier 16 has 14 bosses

    that makes 43 bosses for the expansions so far, and most likely ends the xpac at 43 bosses. 14.3 bosses per tier.

    If we count world bosses then so far pandaria has 4, and i cant be sure but it looks like 5.4 will have either 1 or 2 bosses. Assuming that 5.4 doesnt have any thats 47 bosses to end the xpac which would be 15.6 per tier. If 5.4 even has 1 that wll average it out to 16 bosses a tier. Not to shabby.


    Lets go ahead and count up cata, and im going to count all raid bosses even baradin hold.

    tier 11 had 14 bosses
    tier 12 had 8 bosses
    tier 13 had 9 bosses
    that equals 31 over 3 tiers which is 10.3 bosses per tier.

    wrath had 54 over 4 tiers which would be 13.5 a tier.
    tbc had 44 bosses and 4 tiers right? I didnt play back then thats 11 per tier if its 4 tiers and 14.6 if its 3 tiers.

    So as you can see MoP has the best boss count per tier ever.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-06-13 at 07:40 AM.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

  5. #285
    Dreadlord Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How is that true.

    Tier 14 has 16 bosses
    Tier 15 has 13 bosses
    Tier 16 has 14 bosses

    that makes 43 bosses for the expansions so far, and most likely ends the xpac at 43 bosses. 14.3 bosses per tier.

    If we count world bosses then so far pandaria has 4, and i cant be sure but it looks like 5.4 will have either 1 or 2 bosses. Assuming that 5.4 doesnt have any thats 47 bosses to end the xpac which would be 15.6 per tier. If 5.4 even has 1 that wll average it out to 16 bosses a tier. Not to shabby.


    Lets go ahead and count up cata, and im going to count all raid bosses even baradin hold.

    tier 11 had 14 bosses
    tier 12 had 8 bosses
    tier 13 had 9 bosses
    that equals 31 over 3 tiers which is 10.3 bosses per tier.

    wrath had 54 over 4 tiers which would be 13.5 a tier.
    tbc had 44 bosses and 4 tiers right? I didnt play back then thats 11 per tier if its 4 tiers and 14.6 if its 3 tiers.

    So as you can see MoP has the best boss count per tier ever.
    I get the feeling you're just trying to show off your math skills or something, because I'm pretty sure that's what Tierbook was saying, minus the sperging.
    if you use a pony in your avatar/signature, i automatically think less of you.

  6. #286
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by klimon View Post
    This link has been posted before, but I'll repeat:

    http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=6738#comments

    The Klaxxi are engaged 3 at a time. Each time you defeat one, the other 2 heal, and one more joins the fight. The one you defeated will grant someone in your raid a new ability.

    You do kill Nazgrim and Malkorok. You do not kill the Fallen Protectors of the Vale, they get "uncorrupted" at 1%.

    Garrosh:
    Stage One: The True Horde
    Garrosh, wielding his new weapon with his True Horde and siege machines at his disposal will destroy any intruders. The True Horde join the battle more frequently as the fight progresses. This phase will continue until Garrosh reaches 30% health remaining.

    Intermission: Realm of Y'shaarj
    Periodically the call of Y'shaarj will transport Garrosh and the players into the Realm of Y'shaarj for 1 min. Garrosh will Absorb Energy from the Heart of Y'shaarj until players have defeated all Minions of Y'shaarj inside the realm and interrupt Garrosh.

    Stage Two: Corruption of Y'shaarj
    After absorbing the Power of Y'shaarj, Garrosh will heal to full health as Y'shaarj bestows Garrosh with new abilities.

    Stage Three: MY WORLD
    At 30% health Garrosh will absorb the remaining power of Y'shaarj, gaining full energy, empowering all of his abilities.
    I won't believe you on Nazgrim till I see it myself!!! (((((
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    snip
    It looks like 5.4 will have 5 world bosses, actually. Dungeon Journal shows each of the Celestials and a Yaungol god as world bosses.

  8. #288
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It looks like 5.4 will have 5 world bosses, actually. Dungeon Journal shows each of the Celestials and a Yaungol god as world bosses.
    THat's what I got too, 5 it is then!
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

  9. #289
    Legendary! Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    6,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I get the feeling you're just trying to show off your math skills or something, because I'm pretty sure that's what Tierbook was saying, minus the sperging.
    I was saying that it was more then 11 bosses per. So i guess yes. I then went on to show that not only is MoP ahead of cata, its ahead of every xpac including vanilla.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

  10. #290
    Can't wait for the Klaxxi fight, hope when the bosses talk when they attack/on pull/death/kill of someone and such they will mention Wakener

  11. #291
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Can't wait for the Klaxxi fight, hope when the bosses talk when they attack/on pull/death/kill of someone and such they will mention Wakener
    Yeah because there are only 25 wakeners in at that very moment.
    Would be rather confusing to be honest :P haha
    For the Horde! And for the Earthmother!
    Armory

  12. #292
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Y'Shaarj is clearly returning through Garrosh and the Klaxxi have explicitly stated they would stand by his side should he ever return.

    It makes more than perfect sense.
    I'm not sure it does.

    Because of the implication that Garrosh only infuses himself with the Old God when faced with defeat, the Paragon's being fought before him is bizarre. Either they can tell the future (unlikely), or they know Garrosh has already invoked Y'shaarj.

    So... It IS corruption after all?

    Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I'm not sure it does.

    Because of the implication that Garrosh only infuses himself with the Old God when faced with defeat, the Paragon's being fought before him is bizarre. Either they can tell the future (unlikely), or they know Garrosh has already invoked Y'shaarj.

    So... It IS corruption after all?

    Nice.
    If Y'shaarj is their god and master, I think they could be just trying to recover its heart. It must be important for them.

    EDIT: And now that I think about it, the heart was buried under the Vale. It may have been the reason they've been trying to break the wall all these centuries.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2013-06-13 at 09:45 AM.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

  14. #294
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If Y'shaarj is their god and master, I think they could be just trying to recover its heart. It must be important for them.

    EDIT: And now that I think about it, the heart was buried under the Vale. It may have been the reason they've been trying to break the wall all these centuries.
    Good point.

    All we know is that the Klaxxi are in the raid. It’s possible they’re not trying to help Garrosh at all; instead, they want to kill him for the Heart and won’t let “Outsiders” get their hands on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  15. #295
    Dreadlord Winterstrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azeroth/Tamriel/Tyria
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    Good point.

    All we know is that the Klaxxi are in the raid. It’s possible they’re not trying to help Garrosh at all; instead, they want to kill him for the Heart and won’t let “Outsiders” get their hands on it.
    That idea would be really cool! I hate to see the Klaxxi throwing in with Garrosh's lot.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 90 Human Paladin | ESO: S'trife, Veteran Rank 8 Khajiit Nightblade | GW2: Winter Strife, Level 80 Charr Warrior.

  16. #296
    OMFG people....it is not sha infested garrosh......stop saying it......jesus lord people....learn to read....sha of pride in no way effects garrosh........the old god gives him power......that is not a corruption that is an empowerment....

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If Y'shaarj is their god and master, I think they could be just trying to recover its heart. It must be important for them.

    EDIT: And now that I think about it, the heart was buried under the Vale. It may have been the reason they've been trying to break the wall all these centuries.
    I doubt that the Klaxxi knew the heart was there, and they've already given a motivation for their invasion cycles, and given the cycled nature of their invasions, the established reasons make more sense than as an attempt to regain a specific item burried away under Org.

    That said, I find it very likely that they're there for the heart now that it has been unearthed and they know of it.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I doubt that the Klaxxi knew the heart was there, and they've already given a motivation for their invasion cycles, and given the cycled nature of their invasions, the established reasons make more sense than as an attempt to regain a specific item burried away under Org.

    That said, I find it very likely that they're there for the heart now that it has been unearthed and they know of it.
    They needed the best ones to survive. But what was the purpuse behind that? Why not fly away and find other places to conquer? Insects like to move from one place to another, to expand their empire. These guys have been smashing their heads against that specific wall, keeping the best of their kind in amber for when they were needed.

    Now the heart has been exposed and carried away from Pandaria, and they are following it.

    It may not be what Blizzard has planned, but it fits their story without negating their previous reasons.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    Oh come on Trassk, this is war, of course and there will be losses. The only time when there are not is cheesy comic-book storylines where "everything is at stake" but nothing ever changes. To make war feel dangerous, you have to show what it does to things, especially things that we like.
    Bingo.

    This is something that bothered me with "The Shattering" and the lead-in to Cataclysm. Supposedly, the Horde was on the rocks after the Northrend campaign... and the orcs in particular were suffering. Penniless, going hungry, etc., due to everything that went into the war effort. Yet... we didn't see any of this portrayed in game. No starving orcs in the streets, no dilapidated structures in Orgrimmar. We had absolutely no investment in this, yet apparently this "Durotar Depression" was what made Garrosh such an appealing 'savior' to the orcs -- he brought them food and shelter and strength again.

    So, I'm VERY much in favor of the world changing to show the current state of affairs. The Kor'kron taking over Orgrimmar, the Vale becoming excavated... yes. Show us what is happening so we can appreciate the full weight of the events.

  20. #300
    Those of you on PTR already:

    How many of the bosses have filled-out Dungeon Journal entries already?
    I can find Immerseus, Norushen, Fallen Protectors, Nazgrim, Malkorok, Paragons, and Garrosh on WowHead. Any others up?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •