Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Shadowform nerf?

Shadowform Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 25%, reducing all damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form. Priest - Shadow Spec. 2.6% of Base Mana. Instant.
    Apparently, Shadowform no longer reduces dmg taken by 15%, sooo... Are they even serious with this bullsh*t?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

15+ Year Old Account
    They removed it from boomkin too
    Sig by Safhira

They hit the Moonkin and Warlock passives too. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    They removed it from boomkin too
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    They hit the Moonkin and Warlock passives too. Blah.
    My exact point. Because melees needed more buffs in PvP, but making their own abilities deal more dmg was just too plain..
    Not to mention how hard this hits us all in PvE as well..

15+ Year Old Account
    The PVE side of it is why I'm pissed (early days thought, they could revert it or it may have been datamined wrong)
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    This cannot be accepted.
    Shadowpriests, make your opinion known on the Blizzard forums when the time comes! It has been shown to have a great impact on devs in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    More nerfs due to PVP? Are we no longer special in damage taken?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Yay! I hate passive damage reduction, no skill.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Yay! I hate passive damage reduction, no skill.
    As a melee please restrain yourself from replying here and go tunnel something instead.

Cause i heard moonkins already have amazing survivability in pvp
    ohwait

Likely in response to how powerful spriests are in PVP at the moment. Losing a passive 15% reduction isn't the worst thing you could get nerfed with frankly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Likely in response to how powerful spriests are in PVP at the moment. Losing a passive 15% reduction isn't the worst thing you could get nerfed with frankly.
    Uh, Spriests are powerful but they aren't OP, especially after the nerf to void swap and Mass dispel. You take away this passive 15% reduction and training an spriest will be even easier now. Dispersion and dead.

If this change goes live, IMO they should just allow flash heal/binding heal from within shadow form, since shadow form more and more seems to be losing all meaning from where it once was. It's the only way to offset that passive change.
    Last edited by Simian; 2013-06-12 at 03:59 AM.

Keep this in mind:

Be active on the PTR and official PTR forums. Let your opinions and experiences be known.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Keep this in mind:

Be active on the PTR and official PTR forums. Let your opinions and experiences be known.
    Can't stress this enough.

Keep this in mind:

So you're telling me I need PTR experience to know that taking 15% more dmg than I take now is bad for me or what?

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    So you're telling me I need PTR experience to know that taking 15% more dmg than I take now is bad for me or what?
    I'm telling you Blizz will take you more seriously if you tell them you hopped on the PTR and X/Y/Z happened. There are lots of changes taking place. Warlocks and Boomkin are also losing their passive damage reduction. I haven't read up on any of the changes to melee but I see melee classes have lots of notes. This might be a part of a bigger plan by Blizz to make it easier for them to balance PVP and possibly even PVE (I know, as a Warlock, I always take the least amount of damage in my raid).

If you don't want this change to go live you will need to be able to provide an argument, because "this is bad" is not an argument they will listen to or take the least bit seriously.

And who knows, maybe there will be buffs to come to our off heals as well. This is day 1, data mined, and highly speculative.

If you don't want this change to go live you will need to be able to provide an argument, because "this is bad" is not an argument they will listen to or take the least bit seriously.
    Does "I'm already getting perma-tunneled to death by every double melee team who's members have more than half a brain, with standing close to 0 chance to fight back" sound like a more valid argument to you? Because I really don't need PTR experience to tell you this, this stuff is already live, and has been explained more than a dozen times, but I didn't see any changes made to it.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Does "I'm already getting perma-tunneled to death by every double melee team who's members have more than half a brain, with standing close to 0 chance to fight back" sound like a more valid argument to you? Because I really don't need PTR experience to tell you this, this stuff is already live, and has been explained more than a dozen times, but I didn't see any changes made to it.
    I'm not the one who needs convincing. The people at Blizz who are considering making this change are the people who need convincing.

I don't know where you think I'm coming from -- I don't want my Warlock's passive damage reduction nerfed, but I don't think telling them I'm getting murked by melee on live is going to convince them not to do it, because, like I said, these changes are only part of what's happening on the PTR. Telling them about what happens on live (which they have a much better idea of than any one, or two, or hundred, or thousand players) doesn't affect their intent for the PTR and future patches.

I can almost guarantee you if you just tell them you're already weak against melee on live, they'd tell you that you need to try it out on the PTR or wait for it to hit live and report back with how all the changes interact. I'd rather it not get to the live stage of iteration. I'd rather this change stay and die on the PTR.

I don't know where you think I'm coming from -- I don't want my Warlock's..
    You're coming from a class that can run 'n' cast, why did I even read your posts..

Now, on a more serious note, yes I do get your point. I know both that these are only day 1 notes, and that I should post on official forums, but I'm from EU, and the fact that devs give absolutely 0 fuc*s about reading the EU forums is a well known thing, and that's the exact reason why I already made this topic here. To try and raise awareness straight off the bat, 'cause there is no way this will do any of the 3 classes being nerfed any good, and I think there should be another 2 topics like this one in both Moonkin and Warlock forums.