Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    New Challenge Mode FoSs

    The new challenge mode FoS for getting realm best for each of em is pretty sick but im making this thread just to see what ppl think about:

    1) How will crossrealm phasing affect this?

    2) If you check "Realm Best" at the moment for your realm you will find lots of ppl that are not from your realm, how is blizzard going to handle that?

  2. #2
    It'll be ruined by people buying boosts cross server. At least thats my guess

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Lockula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    468
    My guess would be that only people from the same server can get them.

  4. #4
    Gonna go ahead and say that these probably will be earned upon the release of 6.0 or whenever the new expansion goes live.....

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Gonna go ahead and say that these probably will be earned upon the release of 6.0 or whenever the new expansion goes live.....
    i doubt that; i think if you, at any point, own the realms best time for a challenge mode, you'll get the feat.

    so team A gets realm best on the first of may, they get the feat.
    Team B gets realm best of that same CM the 18th of may, they get the feat.

    Team A will not be stripped of the feat, the two separate teams will just have feats indicating different times (the date on the feat) of owning the realm best time.

  6. #6
    i have 4 server bests used to have 6 on my old server but i transfered to a new server were i will have no chance to get server best times.

    i wonder if i still get them form my old server, if all players that had a best at some point gets them, aka the team we beat in x instance had the best time once, then we beat them and got the best time, and after that we were beat again so now thay have the best, dose all players then get the achive ?

  7. #7
    I have world 3th brewery and 5th mogushan.

    Rest are realm best. Will I get mine when patch goes live?
    Main: Warlock Hero of the Alliance
    Rogue Gladiator alt
    twitch.tv/dreoras <-- My stream, visit for Challenge mode boosts
    youtube.com/mycelar <--- My boost teams youtube, visit to see us in action 3 manning CM golds.

  8. #8
    "Holding a realm-best time at any point will also confer a permanent Feat of Strength to record the accomplishment." ?

  9. #9
    Dreadlord Danmakus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gensokyo
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I have world 3th brewery and 5th mogushan.

    Rest are realm best. Will I get mine when patch goes live?
    most likely, unless they clear all the current progress

  10. #10
    It's kinda pointless unless they reset the leaderboards, half of the #1 times were wrecked by the monk sck bug back when 5.3 came out.

  11. #11
    Not to mention the things that have changed, like pulling cathedral boss now pull the whole cathedral.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Not to mention the things that have changed, like pulling cathedral boss now pull the whole cathedral.

    Uh, I did Gold CM's back in early november, it happened then too.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    It's kinda pointless unless they reset the leaderboards, half of the #1 times were wrecked by the monk sck bug back when 5.3 came out.
    People just need to play better then. All those bugged times are beatable, the only one that is going to be really hard is the gate of the setting sun world record but im certian my group will beat it now that we are horde. Went from 6m 44s to 6m 28s in SSB (same players, some different chars with worse gear), neither of the runs being perfect but the new WR was a 1 shot after we went horde.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    The new challenge mode FoS for getting realm best for each of em is pretty sick but im making this thread just to see what ppl think about:

    1) How will crossrealm phasing affect this?

    2) If you check "Realm Best" at the moment for your realm you will find lots of ppl that are not from your realm, how is blizzard going to handle that?
    2: They are changing it so for it to be realm best you need 3 or more people from that realm.

  15. #15
    If they don't reset the boards then it is pretty worthless. There are some times that can't be beaten because bugs were abused that are now fixed. You can't "play better" than someone abusing the system.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If they don't reset the boards then it is pretty worthless. There are some times that can't be beaten because bugs were abused that are now fixed. You can't "play better" than someone abusing the system.
    Try reading what I wrote 2 posts above yours.

  17. #17
    i had server best stormstout brewery time for over a month and a half...but since its REALM best people will buy golds from other servers and get the FOS instead. Makes sense.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

  18. #18
    Anyone happen to know what the other titles are? It says Siegebreaker for Siege of Niuzao and Darkmaster for Scholomance

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    i had server best stormstout brewery time for over a month and a half...but since its REALM best people will buy golds from other servers and get the FOS instead. Makes sense.
    just play better, it's not that hard beating people boosting people tbh... and now you will need at least 3 ppl from the realm you want the best on so I think boosting will take too much time for the boosters anyway so it's very unlikely..

    When we just started off and still had some shitty times we had many of our realm bests overtaken by boost groups, many times this was done by Pacer's group or that druid meckonjaa.. but we have all our realm bests back comfortably now =) takes time though since we only do one CM each week but yeah
    Think the FoS's will be ours the day the patch hits now, all our times are +- top 20 world at least with a few tops 10 - 5's but even if they aren't, we welcome the challenge of taking them back anyway, like we've done every time we've been beat! that's what makes it fun ^^

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    Uh, I did Gold CM's back in early november, it happened then too.
    I did them back on xmas and I'm very very sure it didn't. Was it a bug back then? Don't know, but we did it without having to clean most of the cathedral.
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-06-15 at 11:25 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •