Deleted

Hunter pet getting killed too easily at ToT trash Snails?

My pet can get 2- or 1 shotted from the snails on the trash up to Ji Kun... even when I put it on passive to keep it away from the snail.

It seems to be from the gas-clouds... is that normal? pets should withstand such aoe otherwise? it comes to not being able to use pets/ (no bother ressing them midfight) on those mobs for me. Any ideas? Is it a known bug?

It's only a small part of the entire raid but still annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    You need to wait until the snails turn orange. This indicates the snails are no longer hungry so send your pet in.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepme View Post
    My pet can get 2- or 1 shotted from the snails on the trash up to Ji Kun... even when I put it on passive to keep it away from the snail.

It seems to be from the gas-clouds... is that normal? pets should withstand such aoe otherwise? it comes to not being able to use pets/ (no bother ressing them midfight) on those mobs for me. Any ideas? Is it a known bug?

It's only a small part of the entire raid but still annoying.
    It's not the clouds, though they do do damage, it's not terribly dangerous. Anything close to them gets "Devoured", basically stun/knockdown for like 2 seconds and then 1 shotted. Even pets. It's just what they do.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68220#comments

Don't know what the other dude is talking about them turning orange, far as I am aware they never stop doing the Devour. If you send your pet in from the backside (or it blinks behind), it might survive. But if the pet runs through him (say it changes facing direction and your pet goes to run behind), it will die.

Deleted
    Ty for your response though my experience is still that my pet can get killed even at my side ... at range. SOme times pet has died when I have it passive and accidentally/by habit press kill command and it runs to snail. My bad. Still had some strange pet deaths when it's at my side at range and basically doing nothing. I will try to screenshot or fraps if I see this again.

I am not sure if this was a bug, or if my pet had really bizarre luck, but in both LFR and Normal my pet gets fixated first, every freaking snail. It didn't happen this week though, so either it has changed or my luck has.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you wait until the snail has passed you (or run behind the snail) and send your pet in, it has a drastically smaller chance of getting killed

I just dismiss my pet for ji-kun trash

I'd recommend just putting your pet on passive or dismissing him for that phase. It's trash and the DPS isn't going to matter.