Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think these changes will make Resto more interesting to play. I know people will say it will still be a rejuv fest but atm it's a rejuv and mushroom fest and I find it irritating and boring. Some nice new tools to use and some debuffs on shrooms which is a pay off from having to place 3 and not healing while doing that.

I'm exciting about it all. It does sound like we will be god mode but on most of the buffs there are drawbacks and limitations to what we can do but the new tools we get are very exciting. The people who aren't happy about the mushrooms not giving mastery or using crit may think about less time placing a shroom to allow us to keep our mastery up with other spells. Only having 1 shroom to place and being able to do something similar like uplift is the trade off the way I see it.

Overall it will make resto more interesting to play which is what is so exciting.

Just did ICC 25m on the PTR. As you can imagine it was a complete snoozefest to heal, but I wanted to see if I could find strengths and weaknesses of each new spell. Here are my thoughts:

Ysera's Gift.
    - Does benefit from temporary healing increases (like HoTW's 25% healing increase or the bubbles on Valithria). Didn't test this with anything but HoTW, but I would assume it would work with pretty much any healing increase.
    - It is a passive ability, and does not require the person to be a party or raid member. This may change however to include only party or raid members.
    - At the moment the heal flags you for pvp, and places you in combat if the person it heals is flagged, and/or that player is in combat.
    - Not sure on the exact range of this spell, it says it is 100yds on the talent page, but the spellid 145110 tooltip says it is a 30 yard range. Hopefully blizzard clarifies this.

First impressions: This spell is nice - however in its current form it is (and I am reluctant to say this) pretty OP. At 519k HP (not raid buffed), it is about a 5200 HPS increase that costs no mana and is a smart heal. In its current form, it will be the goto talent for pretty much every druid in every situation, especially resto.

Genesis
    - Does not require rejuv to be active on anyone for it to be cast, meaning it will cost you 8700 mana regardless if it has any rejuv's to work with.
    - Does not increase rejuv healing, rather it speeds up the tick timer. So if you were to have 6 ticks (initial+the 5 from the first haste breakpoint), those 6 ticks would tick as if you had 400% haste, but you gain no extra ticks from the tickspeed increase.
    - Extra ticks gained from haste (like the 9th tick gained at 6659+SOTF) are added into the overall healing of that rejuv.
    - Has an effective range of 60 yards of the target Genesis is cast on, and has a 40 yard range. Meaning if your raid is spread out, casting it on someone inbetween you and the person with your rejuv that got feared out of range or ran out of your range extends your reach on fights where the raid is forced to spread (ala Lei Shen transition phase)
    - Does not do any healing on its own.
    - Costs exactly what Rejuv costs.
    - Each tick of rejuv still has an individual chance to crit.
    - Does not effect rejuv's cast after the spell is cast.

First impressions: Keeping rejuv's rolling on a raid is going to be extremely hard with this spell, but it is great for fights where someone takes heavy damage and needs a quick burst of healing. The spell is instant with a 2 second CD, and with the GCD at 1.5ish seconds its essentially a 0.5s CD, which is more than enough time to reapply rejuv and hit the Genesis button again. I would however like to see this spell improved upon though. In its current form Genesis just isn't as effective as it could be - and it doesn't feel like a druid spell. I would rather see it redesigned to something like the following:

1 Minute CD
    Targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the caster's Rejuvenation effects for the next 5-10 seconds, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate.

The problem with the way it is designed now is that it is more effective in a 10 man setting then it is in a 25 man setting. Not only that, it allows me to spot heal people after it is cast, rather than have to guess who is going to take the damage. I really didn't get to play around with this too much though, so I can't really say how effective it is or isn't in its current form.

Edit: Here are the logs from the ICC 25 I did. The only fight where I actually did any real healing was on Valithria. For Valithria I did not use HoTW (I am not used to it being a healing CD as well as a DPS cooldown). The rest of the fights (except gunship - I just stood there on gunship) I popped HoTW and just bursted the bosses down.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...77/details/10/

I edited a weakaura my friend gave me to track the rejuv overhealing stored on our mushroom in 5.4. It is a custom weakaura that only works properly with the changes to mushrooms in 5.4 ptr. It has a bar that fills showing how stacked your shroom is and the # value in text along with a Wild Mushroom: Bloom icon/cd tracker. Figured some of you may enjoy having this!

pastebin . com/jAgVDHyk

(wouldn't let me post the link properly so you will need to remove the 2 spaces)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ysera's gift is going to get nerfed into the ground. No way that ability goes live as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Ysera's gift is going to get nerfed into the ground. No way that ability goes live as is.
    What you're suggesting to nerf to bring it in line?
    Remove the smart Heal? Every Resto druid will just go for CW instead of NS, so we're back to step one.
    Lower the healing? Once the bug with naturalist is fixed, YG and CW heal about the same. The later when you need it, on someone you need it, for a non-negligible amount.

Though, for non-resto I can see how YG may be the talent of choice, which can be easily fixed by adjusting CW scaling for those specs, as well as lowering Renewal CD (though that will be problematic for guardian).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    What you're suggesting to nerf to bring it in line?
    Remove the smart Heal? Every Resto druid will just go for CW instead of NS, so we're back to step one.
    Lower the healing? Once the bug with naturalist is fixed, YG and CW heal about the same. The later when you need it, on someone you need it, for a non-negligible amount.

Though, for non-resto I can see how YG may be the talent of choice, which can be easily fixed by adjusting CW scaling for those specs, as well as lowering Renewal CD (though that will be problematic for guardian).
    They could increase the time between ticks. Like instead of 5 seconds, make it 8 seconds per tick. I dunno, I just think that at this point its a bit too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They could increase the time between ticks. Like instead of 5 seconds, make it 8 seconds per tick. I dunno, I just think that at this point its a bit too strong.
    How is it too strong? If it's too strong I doubt changing the time between ticks to 8 second doesn't change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yseras gift
    It is a passive ability, and does not require the person to be a party or raid member. This may change however to include only party or raid members.
    - At the moment the heal flags you for pvp, and places you in combat if the person it heals is flagged, and/or that player is in combat.
    That is very likely to be changed, would be annoying as hell if it stayed that way.

Genesis has no cd, huh? Sweet lord...

This will be so OP and so fun, I can see me changing mains mid-expansion.

Ysera's Gift will be so insane if it stays is. LOL. Imagine hiding behind a pillar in an arena with Lifebloom on your 2v2 partner and that activated... not gonna die, nope.

Changes are qutie Nice to Resto Druid specially Mushroom and Gensis is quite but i am lil concerned about the set Bonuses of Resto Druid

2P Bonus - Ironbark increases your critical chance by 20% for 12 sec.

4P Bonus - Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Wild Growth critical heals have a chance to cause all cast time heals for the next 12 sec to cause a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.

atm on live SM, nourish Regrowth and healing Touch gives living seed when ever they crit. i rather prefered the reverse of our 4 set bonus liek when ever ur Direct healing spell crit all of our HoTs When ever they crit they put the Living Seed on target rather than cast to give them

I think a lot of people are thinking Ysera's Gift will be OP and thus be nerfed but it's actually not as great as you might think. The reason I say this is because it's not exactly a smart heal. The spell says it will heal an injured ally if you are not at full health meaning it ALWAYS heals you first if the wording on the spell can be believed. So for example, if you have a melee that is at 25% health and you're at 99% health it will heal you first. So on aoe pulse phases it's only ever going to heal you and not the lowest target. Because of this I feel it's nice but it's not OP really.

New - Ysera's Gift
    Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead. Druid - LvL 30 Talent. 100 yd range.
    Replacing Nature's Swiftness

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Genesis has no cd, huh? Sweet lord...
    This will be so OP and so fun, I can see me changing mains mid-expansion.
    It's 2 seconds CD, though honestly, I'd say ~15 seconds CD would be reasonable, or a significantly higher mana cost.

Ysera's Gift will be so insane if it stays is. LOL. Imagine hiding behind a pillar in an arena with Lifebloom on your 2v2 partner and that activated... not gonna die, nope.
    I'm quite confident that it will have LoS restrictions, though, If your opponents fail do do more than LB + 1% MaxHP/s, they are doing something horrible wrong anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I think a lot of people are thinking Ysera's Gift will be OP and thus be nerfed but it's actually not as great as you might think. The reason I say this is because it's not exactly a smart heal. The spell says it will heal an injured ally if you are not at full health meaning it ALWAYS heals you first if the wording on the spell can be believed. So for example, if you have a melee that is at 25% health and you're at 99% health it will heal you first. So on aoe pulse phases it's only ever going to heal you and not the lowest target. Because of this I feel it's nice but it's not OP really.
    And I think you underestimate how good this actually is. It is a self heal, meaning you can focus a bit less on yourself, that NEVER goes to waste during an encounter. Whether it only heals you for 1%, or it heals that rogue you were talking about for 5% - the heal isn't wasted. It doesn't matter who it is healing - because its a free, mindless smart heal that never goes away.

It's 2 seconds CD, though honestly, I'd say ~15 seconds CD would be reasonable, or a significantly higher mana cost.

I'm quite confident that it will have LoS restrictions, though, If your opponents fail do do more than LB + 1% MaxHP/s, they are doing something horrible wrong anyway.
    Actually against my better judgment - I participated in an arena team today (3v3). I lost, however Y'seara's gift did not have LOS restrictions, nor did it break my stealth while I let the rogue/lock I was with get beat on for a little while before breaking stealth when they needed stronger heals.

New - Genesis
    Targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the caster's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Druid - Restoration Spec. 14.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.

So Genesis isnt like uplift, it just makes the Rejuv heal faster. A poster aboved stated it can be cast without a rejuv on the target, what does it do when thers no rejuv? Also if i use genesis with only one tick left will there be any difference?
    still trying to configure what it does, and where i can squize it in my heal rotation
    Die by the sword

Quote Originally Posted by dgiras View Post
    New - Genesis
    Targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the caster's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Druid - Restoration Spec. 14.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.

So Genesis isnt like uplift, it just makes the Rejuv heal faster. A poster aboved stated it can be cast without a rejuv on the target, what does it do when thers no rejuv? Also if i use genesis with only one tick left will there be any difference?
    still trying to configure what it does, and where i can squize it in my heal rotation
    Q: What does it do when thers no rejuv?
    A: Steals 8700 mana from you (there is a pretty graphic though).

Q: Also if i use genesis with only one tick left will there be any difference?
    A: Depends on the tick timer, but no, it wont do anything special except make that last tick happen faster.

As far as squeezing it into your rotation, unless you are blanketing the raid with rejuv's, it really isn't going to be worth casting unless someone needs some quick serious heals. If you plan on blanketing (10 man), you would use it between your WG cd's (think of it as another WG that doesn't last quite as long rather than an uplift).

I think people don't understand that Genesis will not increase HPS in sustained damage. You can't "spam" genesis, and it will never increase the amount of rejuvs you can apply over a given amount of time. In fact, it will decrease them if you fill GCDs with genesis every 10 casts or so.

If you load the raid with rejuvs, then pop genesis, the raid will be clear of rejuvs within a few seconds. You would need to spend the next 10 seconds or so covering the raid with more rejuvs to be able to use genesis again without it being a waste, and more importantly, need actual damage to heal for it to not just overheal. It essentially limits itself, a longer CD attached really does nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the spell, but I don't think people will really realize how it functions until they use it. It will be great for bursting people out of danger, or very specific pulse mechanics, but it will not increase HPS on really heavy damage phases. We will see an increase relative to other healers in some situations, as we can reduce sniping, and that is the whole intent of the spell. We have long asked for it, and now with mushrooms we have the tools to overcome what had us sat in previous teris (hey there LK Infest of Chimaera)

Using ToT, even a Mageara Rampage would see limited increase in HPS over just maintaining 12 people covered with rejuvs for the 20 second duration. While it would be great to save people during it if they drop low, our actual HPS increase would be negligible, because 4 seconds after using it our HPS would drop off significantly. Dark Animus would be the opposite and fits it perfect, but the mechanic itself is already on a 20 second timer, so a CD on the spell is unnecessary. Pulse mechanics like that already are limited by themselves.

Honestly, I got to hand it to Blizzard, both mushrooms and Genesis are great solutions to our past toolkit problems. Both can help us with burst, but do nothing in sustained damage, where we are already strong.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-06-15 at 04:27 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It is going to be very very good in a raid setting let me show you why.

Assume you have around 500k hp in an average 7 minute fight.

It is going to be ticking 84 times for around 25k meaning around 2.1 mil healing.

Now depending on the fight alot of this may be over healing but your still going to see at least 1.7mil ish

This will equate to about 3-4% of your healing done. And you have to do absolutely nothing, no mana cost, no thought cost, no gcd cost. There is no other tier 2 talent out there that gives a 4% increase in efficiency let alone one that does it as a straight passive. Not to mention it increases druid survivability by a large amount (which we do somewhat need).

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    There is no other tier 2 talent out there that gives a 4% increase in efficiency
    Cenarion Ward: Protects a friendly target, causing any damage taken to heal the target for 52,233 (at 33k SP) every 2 sec for 6 sec. 30 sec cd.

52,233*3(ticks per use) = 156,669*2(uses per minute) = 313,338*7(minutes) = 2,193,336 (don't forget that CW can crit so multiply this by your crit chance)
    Ex: 2,193,336*1.20(20% crit raid buffed) = 2,632,039

Cenarion Ward can be much more powerful if used properly granted it isn't a ticking smart heal. YG will probably be the go-to given that it is a passive "smart" heal but it isn't necessarily the most powerful option.
    Last edited by vow1152; 2013-06-15 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vow1152 View Post
    Cenarion Ward: Protects a friendly target, causing any damage taken to heal the target for 52,233 (at 33k SP) every 2 sec for 6 sec. 30 sec cd.

52,233*3(ticks per use) = 156,669*2(uses per minute) = 313,338*7(minutes) = 2,193,336 (don't forget that CW can crit so multiply this by your crit chance)
    Ex: 2,193,336*1.20(20% crit raid buffed) = 2,632,039

Cenarion Ward can be much more powerful if used properly granted it isn't a ticking smart heal. YG will probably be the go-to given that it is a passive "smart" heal but it isn't necessarily the most powerful option.
    From experience using cenarion ward leads to huge over healing on all but a few fights. The third tick for me was almost always over healing. Sure theoretically it can pull high numbers but show me any log where it is under 40% over healing (apart from tortos HM). I see Yseras over healing as potentially being much less as well as requiring 0 skill to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    From experience using cenarion ward leads to huge over healing on all but a few fights. The third tick for me was almost always over healing. Sure theoretically it can pull high numbers but show me any log where it is under 40% over healing (apart from tortos HM). I see Yseras over healing as potentially being much less as well as requiring 0 skill to pull off.
    I can understand that and TBQH I think that Yg will be brought down to 2-3% health rather than 5%.