Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, they listened to ptr forum posters/twitter druids:

Glyph of Efflorescence (Restoration) The Efflorescence effect is now caused by your Wild Mushroom instead of by Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active. Additionally, increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Whelp, they listened to ptr forum posters/twitter druids:

Glyph of Efflorescence (Restoration) The Efflorescence effect is now caused by your Wild Mushroom instead of by Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active. Additionally, increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%.
    Ugh. That's datamining misinterpretation. The (NYI) spells were added in the most recent PTR patch, hence we're likely to see those sometime soon.
    The spell for glyph of efflorescence on the other hand was added in the initial PTR build, we've yet to see the corresponding item to learn said glyph/glyph book entry.
    Compare to glyph of feathers: Added in the 2nd PTR build, with the learning capability following in the 3rd PTR build.

So no, we really don't have any new information with respect to this glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    NYI means not yet implemented, but it's still been added. The spell was never on PTR as far as I know, it was only mentioned in blizzards PTR blog. Neither us nor wowheads datamining have found anything on it until now.

Also, the efflo glyph is not marked NYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    NYI means not yet implemented, but it's still been added. The spell was never on PTR as far as I know, it was only mentioned in blizzards PTR blog. Neither us nor wowheads datamining have found anything on it until now.

Also, the efflo glyph is not marked NYI.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells?filter-b...r-search=glyph

It's been there since the first build, and blizzard up to now hasn't managed to add the corresponding item/glyph book entry. On the other hand, they did manage to do so for glyph of the feathers. So nothing changed w.r.t. glyph of efflorescence. We're still not sure wether it's been dropped or will still make it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one ever covered it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-17056

We don't know if anything on PTR is going to make it, but it's safe assume if both ours and wowheads datamining picked a change up and they have been talking about it, something is going on. I assume mechanically it's much harder to do than some of the others. The original efflo spell in the 1st build may have had nothing on it but the name, no one covered it and we can't see the changes on either backend so no way to know. I'll poke chaud and see if he can look and see what exactly was changed this build.

Last he(GC) posted was : "The answer is yes it is being rethought because we're debating the old vs new role for Swiftmend. No decisions yet." almost a month ago.

Guess it's possible they can't really do anything anyway until they 100% flesh out shroom.

What i find surprising is the added 20% to Swiftmend (to make up for the efflo healing on the Swiftmend target i suppose). I mean that more or less makes this glyph mandatory, and i thought their design goal was to try and stay away from "mandatory" glyphs (not that they've succeeded)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    What i find surprising is the added 20% to Swiftmend (to make up for the efflo healing on the Swiftmend target i suppose). I mean that more or less makes this glyph mandatory, and i thought their design goal was to try and stay away from "mandatory" glyphs (not that they've succeeded)
    I think they really want to rework SM back into a single target spike heal since atm it's less that and more 'use it on who can get the most out of it, but they need to be in a place the ground heal is useful.' It's used mindlessly on CD right now. Tying those two spells together was just clunky.

And I agree, it will absolutely be mandatory, but our majors are pretty weak atm anyway.

okay my toughts after trying it on ptr: ( btw i am a normal 10 man healer ( with sometimes hc bosses) so no epic druid. only at 525 and 1/13 hc

Abilities

Change - Living Seed
    Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health. usefull but not to great.

Change - Innervate
    Causes the target to regenerate mana equal to 50% of the caster's Spirit every 1 sec for 10 sec. is very nice. but because of the trinkets i might go for more spirit as i have now. but still gave me nice mana regen. but i think they might tweak this more so when this goes live we will see how it will be.

New - Genesis
    Targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the caster's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Druid - Restoration Spec. 14.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.
    think this is a nice adition. great for quickly heal people if you have rejuvanated most of your group. and will help i think with getting a faster full mushroom. for 10 men this will be less usefull as 25 men.

Change - Nature's Swiftness
    No longer a talent, baseline. epicness . no longer a talent as it should be now. very usefull/

Change - Wild Mushroom
    Grow a magical mushroom with 5 health at the target ally's location. After 6 sec, the mushroom will become invisible. The mushroom grows larger as it accumulates healing power from 100% of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 200% of your health in bonus healing. Recasting Wild Mushroom will move the Mushroom without losing this accumulated healing. Wild Mushroom: Bloom can consume your Mushroom to heal nearby allies. Only 1 mushroom can be placed at a time. Can be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form. Druid - Restoration Spec. 40 yd range. Instant.

Change - Wild Mushroom: Bloom
    Causes your Wild Mushroom to bloom, healing all allies within 10 yards for [ 13,400 + 124.2% of Spell Power ]. Bonus healing on the Wild Mushroom will be divided across all targets healed. Druid - Restoration Spec. 10.2% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.

Blizz Notes - Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony.

Old mushrooms were multiple and healed [ 4,466 + 41.4% of Spell Power ]

okay i have read all your comments about it. personlay i am sad that they changed how they are placed. i had it mouse bind to a button on my mouse. very easy to put down. now its more of a pain. less schrooms means more concentrated healing. and the less crit is sad. i noticed it heals for a bit less. but 1 upside if you move it now it keeps its overhealing. and 1 thing i have heared allot about. but yes less powerfull but with genissis you can pretty much keep a full mushroom up all the time. so think its better. ( still dodnt like the placement method)

Talents

Change - Dream of Cenarius
    Restoration Increases Wrath damage by 20% and your Wrath spell causes a nearby ally to be healed for 100% of the damage done. Druid - LvL 90 Talent.
    Wrath, Starfire, Starsurge, and melee abilities increase healing done by your next healing spell by 30%. Tranquility is not affected. Nourish, Healing Touch, and Regrowth increase the damage done by your next 2 Moonfire or Sunfire casts by 50% or by your next 2 melee abilities by 25%. Each of these bonuses lasts 30 sec. Druid - LvL 90 Talent.

Awsome . normal target dummy. i healed 2 times 50k and crits on 100k so a nice heal at par with regrowt ( glyphed) or a weak healing touch. makes this better then nourish even so very nice talent.

Change - Heart of the Wild
    6% int at all times. When activated, increases all healing done(25% per Blizzard) and, dramatically improves the Druid's ability to perform roles outside of their normal specialization for 45 sec.
    Old only used to increase healing as non-resto
    still a nice talent. but if you have a raid boss were you find yourself casting nothing or you can do damage dream of cenarius looks better for those ( normal bosses i must say)

Change - Nature's Vigil
    Increases all damage and healing done by 10% for 30 sec. While active, all single-target healing spells also damage a nearby enemy target for 25% of the healing done, and all single-target healing and damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 25% of the amount done. Druid - LvL 90 Talent. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.
    Old didn't heal others when using healing spells, only damage spells.
    is very nice if you are using allot of regrowth and healing touch.....what am i saying...we dodnt use that allot. but if you are going for the incarnation talent this would go great with it popping it a the same time. lifebloom the crap out of everyone. and use glyped regrowth. for some very epic healing. so think this might be very nice one.

Change - Soul of the Forest
    Aessina's blessing grants a benefit which varies by your combat specialization. Restoration You gain 100% haste for your next spell when you cast Swiftmend. Druid - LvL 60 Talent.
    100% up from 75%
    lol....even more haste...i think my druid is going to say stop stacking haste you dummy :P

New - Ysera's Gift
    Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead. Druid - LvL 30 Talent. 100 yd range.
    Replacing Nature's Swiftness
    dodnt know about this one... like people said if you are at 99.99% it still heals you. so would say cenarion ward is better....but!!! if you have a fight like garalon where the raid never gets ( or almost never ) to 95% hp...this could be very nice.

talent wise and spell change wise. i dodnt know we look stronger. but also so things that i am not sure about. it plays nice. but i think to much of these changes are there because of disc and paly shield healing. and they are buffing our healing. while they should look more about how healing with direct spells, healing with hots, and healing with shields is balanced

Glyph
    not 100% on ptr yet... so just toughts

Glyph of Innervate - Datamined
    When Innervate is cast on a target other than the caster, both the caster and target will benefit, but at 40% reduced effect. Major Glyph.
    When Innervate is cast on a friendly target other than the caster, the caster will gain 10% of maximum mana over 10 sec. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Innervate - Per Blizz Notes
    now causes Innervate to give both the Druid and the target 60% of the normal effect of the spell if it's cast on a target other than the Druid.

datamind looks like a nerf. and 60% of normal effects is about 30%? extra spirit... is nice. but all depends on they players spirit. so this is good for healers. but if your mage dieds and you cast innervate on it and he has no spirit its a waste. but...i think the blizz notes make it a bit stronger for yourself if you use it on a other.

New - Glyph of Efflorescence - Per Blizz Notes
    Increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.
    on a mega stack fight or fight where the tank or group is a 1 spot...this looks AWSOME. but other then that i wouldnt take it.

Tier 16

2P Bonus-Updated 6/19 - Rejuvenation ticks have a 8%[Up from 5% - 6/27] chance to grant a Sage Mender, reducing the mana cost and cast time of your next Healing Touch by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.

tryed it with the 2 set....ITS awsome...with allot of rejuvanations around its gets up quickly. and heals good and fast. i would say a wippie...!!! i love it.

4P Bonus-Updated 6/19 - Casting Ironbark grants you Spark of Life, causing all cast time spells within the next 15[Up from 12 - 6/27] sec to cause grant a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.
    shoot me.. what a useless set bonus. ( as far as i can see so far) 1 time per min you can use this. you will do this on a target that gets allot of damage that you and other healers are allready healing. and you will most likely heal the target up faster then the living seed will. think its a mega overheal set bonus. and i wont be taking it.

Other Stuff
    Swiftmend's area-of-effect healing effect is now called Efflorescence.

The Glyph honestly makes very little sense. This should be a baseline change, and balanced that way. It fundamentally changes three spells, buffing two, and corrects a longtime problem with forcing swiftmend to be an afterthought to AOE.

I love the change, but think the fact they made it into a glyph to be weird.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    The Glyph honestly makes very little sense. This should be a baseline change, and balanced that way. It fundamentally changes three spells, buffing two, and corrects a longtime problem with forcing swiftmend to be an afterthought to AOE.

Agree, there should be a glyph for 1 or 3 mushrooms for healing too, not just moonkin. On fights like Horridon and Twins heroic spread mushrooms are a lot better then then just one. Efflorence change should be baseline in mushrooms, and if a druid choose 3 mushrooms instead of one, the efflorence heal should be divided by 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post

I don't think this is meant to be an actual glyph to be used in the game, instead i think the devs are just testing the possibility of decoupling Swiftmend/Efflorescence and want to compare the current mechanic and the new mechanic side by side for a bit.

if the decoupling makes the spells work better, they may make the so-called 'glyph of efflorescence' a baseline change, and not a glyph at all. if the decoupling is a wash, they scrap it, or make a weakened glyph that isn't so clearly superior.

- - - Updated - - -

for one thing, the glyph would make efflorescence a 5 minute long AoE heal with no expressly denoted mana cost.

infinite HPM? No.
    the glyph is just for testing.

- - - Updated - - -

they could totally add a glyph that makes mushrooms (both healing and dps) [one and target-placed] verus [three and reticule-placed]. That is similar to the glyph of Hand of Gul'dan for warlocks,

they just need the healing/damage to be tripled on a single mushroom or split into thirds on three mushrooms, depending on which form becomes the baseline of the spell.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-05 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I don't think this is meant to be an actual glyph to be used in the game, instead i think the devs are just testing the possibility of decoupling Swiftmend/Efflorescence and want to compare the current mechanic and the new mechanic side by side for a bit.

if the decoupling makes the spells work better, they may make the so-called 'glyph of efflorescence' a baseline change, and not a glyph at all. if the decoupling is a wash, they scrap it, or make a weakened glyph that isn't so clearly superior.
    That would be really nice....really nice.

I agree, this should be baseline with some tweaking. It would definitely make sense since this is such a huge change, they would rather have it as a glyph and not get it to work/add it than not adding it after making druids think it's going to be baseline.

Hopefully we'll have some news either way soon.

New - Ysera's Gift
    Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead. Druid - LvL 30 Talent. 100 yd range.
    Replacing Nature's Swiftness
    dodnt know about this one... like people said if you are at 99.99% it still heals you. so would say cenarion ward is better....but!!! if you have a fight like garalon where the raid never gets ( or almost never ) to 95% hp...this could be very nice.
    Agreed But same thing fight like garalon it will heal u Not other if ur not 100% HP at some point i think that talent is good but at some point it is bad its pure smart healing and dont have any control on it 5sec is pretty much time to use but still due to some encounter i tested on PTR on some points it looks good rather than taking CW like immersious Boss Room is quite big and YG Range is good also that talent is quite usefull there rather than CW u can get benefit in healing long range people there and may be it is bug or some thing it crit also

Quote Originally Posted by devildjz View Post
    Agreed But same thing fight like garalon it will heal u Not other if ur not 100% HP at some point i think that talent is good but at some point it is bad its pure smart healing and dont have any control on it 5sec is pretty much time to use but still due to some encounter i tested on PTR on some points it looks good rather than taking CW like immersious Boss Room is quite big and YG Range is good also that talent is quite usefull there rather than CW u can get benefit in healing long range people there and may be it is bug or some thing it crit also
    YG is constant throughput for no cost. No GCD, no mana nothing. CW is mana and a GCD and often leads to a LOT of over healing. Personally there may be SOME fights where CW may be good (like darm shamans where there is a single DoT that hurts ALOT). But for fights where it's constant or burst damage i think YW would be the better choice. Rej synergies with swiftmend and genesis. casting one more can lead to more healing than another CW (at least in 25 mans).

10+ Year Old Account
    Choosing a RJ over CW during raid burst, well, that's not what CW is for. It's like using Efflo(well really, any hot) on a tank during burst. It's not all the tank will need during burst but since it's one button then it heals the tank as a hot it lets you do other things to catch them up while giving you a buffer. So, if the tank gets smacked between big heals they probably aren't going to die, they have a strong ticking hot buffering them. It just adds some passive strong healing to someone who's taking a lot of damage. Anytime raid damage isn't happening it can also just be used on CD I guess, it's not very much mana and isn't going to overheal anymore than any of our hots do.

YG isn't going to make it so you don't have to cast another RJ. YG isn't going to do anything like that. It's going to be the spell to go to when CW just isn't useful at all.

Also, it's true all the talents in that tier are shit but it's a low tier, they aren't supposed to be talents that make a huge difference in throughput/utility/anything else. That's probably a big reason they took NS and made it passive anyway, it doesn't need to be a talent. None of the talents in that tier are good, none of them are going to make a huge difference. If someone will get a benefit out of CW due to some mechanic, take it. If no one will, take YG. Simple.

well thats offical i am not gonna change my 2 set from t15
    cause 4 set just not that attractive

TBH Resto Druid is not attractive next tier.

We are at best the 3rd strongest Healer in 10s (debatable) and at best the 4th strongest in 25s (only because right now HTT doesn't have the 25m buff, Shamans in 25 will OBLITERATE Druids in 5.4).

We are going to be last or next to last in 25s in 5.4 and probably in 10s as well with some of these Shaman changes (at least if there aren't too many more CONSTANT SPREAD fights... mechanics may keep is slightly better than them on certain fights). At least if you discount Holy Priests since nobody in 10s will ever be Holy as long as Blizzard is having an love affair with Disc.

Disc priests have been broken every since they got the divine aegis buff in WoTLK.
    But holy priests are pretty good at the moment. They have mana problems yea but over all they can pump out a lot of healing.

We are not near the bottom of the totem pool. When it comes to raid healing we will still be in about the same position as we are now. Especially with the innervate changes and the new trinket that procs 20k spirit. We can reforge off all spirit and just rely on that. The healers will be in pretty even terms come t16. We would be the strongest if not for the shit tier bonuses
    Last edited by Checksmix; 2013-07-11 at 01:14 AM.

Resto druids will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    Resto druids will be fine.
    Let's see:
    -mushrooms have been nerfed significantly, all for a bit of useability gain (read: spread healing doesn't change, we're back to dead last by a significant margin on any form of stacked healing)
    -glyph of efflorescence likely removed (it's been announced since day one and not seen the light of day ...)
    -we're still dead last in terms of utility

-Itemization:
    Spirit trinket applies to all classes
    CD trinket is significantly skewed towards other healers (they get at most 1 defensive cd, we get three mostly useless spells),
    4t16 is atrocious. We get a freaking 90% increase to overheal, which - to make it worse - is tied to our only "utility" spell. At least shaman/disc 4t16 won't get stronger when paired with the CD trinket ....