Poll: Do you think Bliz will actually nerf KJC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

5.4 KJC changes.

Honestly I don't see why everything thinks KJC is OP. There was a thread about 2 weeks ago explaining it. For Destro and Demo KJC isn't really needed anyways, but for Affliction it really is. Just the fact of not keeping 65% MG uptime on single target will destroy Aff imo at least. Demo has meta and free movement and Destro has plenty of instant casts given that Fel Flame is almost as good as Incinerate. Not to mention the 30% slow is what keeps it balanced and separates the good raiders from the rest.

What does Blizzard expect Affliction locks to do though... Fel Flame=massive mana and not great dps.

Overall though I really dough they will change KJC. After all, Blizzard has came out and said that the model of not being able to move and dps at the same time feels old.

Obviously this is aimed at Affliction because it will affect affliction the most. Just let me know what you guys think. Will it really change?

Buff the dots since MG uptime will be lower while nerfing a talent that is OP when you consider other casters (not counting hunters) are hurt a lot more by movement.

If it were a 50% slow, I'd agree, but in almost all cases 30% just isn't enough to really make it feel bad. And even then, most times you can just pop Burning Rush to get out of the bad spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... we don't know its duration yet. It just says its a 1.5 minute cool down. It wont be HORRIBLE if its just enough to make us CHOOSE when to use it. If it were say, a 60 second use on a 90 second timer... I dunno. There's a horrible part of my brain that keeps saying, "You know its only gonna last for 20 seconds" though.

I REALLY feel like they intentionally left the 'duration' out right now just to give us all a hernia while they troll face us.

I especially like how I can actually hurt myself by Fel Flaming because it will probably refresh Corruption and UA at lower SP/Crit/Haste levels.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    Well... we don't know its duration yet. It just says its a 1.5 minute cool down. It wont be HORRIBLE if its just enough to make us CHOOSE when to use it. If it were say, a 60 second use on a 90 second timer... I dunno. There's a horrible part of my brain that keeps saying, "You know its only gonna last for 20 seconds" though.

I REALLY feel like they intentionally left the 'duration' out right now just to give us all a hernia while they troll face us.
    It's 15 seconds.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...Soon-6_11_2013

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Buff the dots since MG uptime will be lower while nerfing a talent that is OP when you consider other casters (not counting hunters) are hurt a lot more by movement.

If it were a 50% slow, I'd agree, but in almost all cases 30% just isn't enough to really make it feel bad. And even then, most times you can just pop Burning Rush to get out of the bad spot.
    Uh.. Nobody takes Burning Rush.

Deleted
    I can just see you don't play destro alot.. what instant casts?.. you mean conflagrate and.. that's it? destro's too don't want to be using felflame.
    Ot: Lets just hope the talent won't become useless (short time). but hey, in pvp we might even need it less with the new talent and howl being baseline

edit: just found out it's 15 seconds with 1.5m cd. I think that's alittle too short
    Last edited by mmoc8ea25e0818; 2013-06-12 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiru View Post
    I especially like how I can actually hurt myself by Fel Flaming because it will probably refresh Corruption and UA at lower SP/Crit/Haste levels.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 02:37 AM ----------

It's 15 seconds.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...Soon-6_11_2013
    Joke's on them, we don't have an ability called Kil'jaden's Cunning!

In all seriousness I could have sworn they just said they were fine with casters casting on the move....
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    If they will really stay with this KJC nerf, then they need to REMOVE the dot-expanding BS from felflame atleast...

Deleted
    Demonology, Here I come!

in all seriousness, i agree a nerf was due to somewhere but going from 100% up time to 1/6 of the time if u pop it always seems a bit drastic. Compared to other classes Lvl 90's talents we have jack shit now...

at least could have swapped out one of 'm with a cool ability

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Uh.. Nobody takes Burning Rush.
    I use Burning Rush for Ji-kun and Lei Shen.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Deleted
    I think we should all run without a level 90 talent for a week orso.

Imagine the confusion at blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    If they will really stay with this KJC nerf, then they need to REMOVE the dot-expanding BS from felflame atleast...
    Hey, maybe we could talk them into letting it lengthen the dots but not re-snapshot them. That sounds like a good idea, eh? (yes, yes I know. we just went through this).

I feel like I should play all the rest of this tier as Aff, running circles around our Mage and Spriest, enjoying it while I can. I'll miss running away from Blade Tempest while MGing through the back of my head, dodging things while doing 100% dps, draining adds while running to be the first one where the next guy spawns.

I guess I look at it this way though; if they make Affliction harder (knowing when to use KJC and when to portal and when to not have to move in the first place), maybe they'll have to buff DoTs or MG or Sac. It's certainly not going to be as good a performer on movement fights (almost all fights nowadays) as it is/was.

All I saw was

Patch Notes:

Warlocks fun factor nerfed by 700%
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm certainly hoping they change their minds. It's just way too fun being able to cast on the fly. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing: having fun? Buff the slow another 10% if you must, but don't take away my fun times!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Jay has it right on. Blizzard has said time and time again that they are fine with casters moving with no penalty. Tbh i'm not going to get worked up about this because they probably won't change it at all anyways. The 30% slow is more then enough and in a a lot of situations its to much.

They just can't design a spec like aff that needs very high MG uptime, then not let us move. If anything they needed to just make it so all casters had some form of KJC. Because i'm really tired of all the nonwarlocks out there that qq because they don't understand it. I mean its like Skeying everywhere practically.... Yet people call it op... Bunch of derps imo.

Might just stop levelling my Warlock then. Being able to cast on the move is probably the biggest reason I actually bothered in the first place, now that talent is just a shammy re-make Locks are basically just a Spriest with pets (since GoSac was nerfed - another reason I started levelling, don't care for pets).

>Hopes you guys 'talk' about it more so they revert said change.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2013-06-12 at 08:41 AM.

I agree Treelife. I don't want to see Blizzard screw up a beautiful spec just because people QQ about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they'll nerf it. Ghostcrawler would probably love to undo everything Xelnath did, and besides his precious Mages cant ever be second best to anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    I agree Treelife. I don't want to see Blizzard screw up a beautiful spec just because people QQ about it.
    That's what they do now, cater to the masses.

If you cry long enough with enough people you get classes nerfed.

Edit: So i guess, TO THE FORUMS!
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2013-06-12 at 08:47 AM.

Yeah I know... It's really sad in my opinion. I would think that bliz would want more classes to be like warlocks. I mean, nothing against say a hunter for example but locks are just designed better imo. Blizzard should be working to make the game better for everyone. And nerfing a spec into the ground isn't the way to do that. Even if they buff our damage to counteract the movement it's still not cool in my book. Aff wouldn't be fun for me anymore.