View Poll Results: Do you think Bliz will actually nerf KJC?

Voters
775. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

576 74.32%
  • No

199 25.68%
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is quite interesting. I agree about malefic grasp + KJC being mandatory ATM. But it shouldn't be that way. One talent can't be/shouldn't be mandatory to make a spec work. Refreshing dot's can be easily done while moving but I agree it's not an option most of the time.

As for demo and destro, no spells to cast o move? You gotta be kidding me!

Destro - conflagrate (save 1 charge if you anticipate movement), recast RoF for embers, fel flame (thats 3 spells), SB (below 20%). Not to mention all destro casts (except CB) are fast - for god sake, we're not talking about casting fireball but generally a 1,5 sec cast!

Demo - ONE WORD, touch of chaos.

No spells to cast on move???? lololol
    -------
    People keep bringing mages. Yeah, frost has a lot of instants (maybe too many, kinda like demo huh?). Fire has scorch, Mage Bomb and Pyro (oh wait! 3 spells, kinda like Destro!) - AND NO, no fire mages take Icy Floes, no fire mages waste inferno blasts only for movement. And there is arcane, which has a bomb, Barrage and weak fireblast (casting barrage purely for movement can mess with your rotation, severely affecting dps).
    -------
    KJC is stupid. It trivializes what should be (as Blizzard states) a CHALLENGE for casters, movement. There is no "should I cast this right now?". It's always "fuck it! If a sand trap spawns on me, who cares? I lol hard!"
    If you don't believe it, youtube any boss video in a LOCK PoV (hint: he/she is always jumping, moving, which makes much easier to deal with many mechanics).
    -------
    KJC is stupid. If 100% casting on the move has to be implemented, it has to be for everyone as a baseline game mechanic.
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2013-06-18 at 02:21 PM.

Interesting you look at a ~1+ year old sig and then feel compelled to say that Kagecamia. Please stop embarassing yourself. What we dont need Warlocks is sticking their head in the sand and pretending that the world is ending, nor prepared to put forward reasonable ideas and discussion.

KJC is stupid. If 100% casting on the move has to be implemented, it has to be for everyone as a baseline game mechanic.eas for solutions.
    I think thatd be fun for a PTR build test. Give every caster KJC on the ptr for a build and see/observe what happens.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-18 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Yeah we get it. We don't need another mage or (Insert Class here) coming in to the thread and trying to passively say "sucks to be you, you guys deserved the nerf."
    Hmmm, so once you raid with a class you can't pick another? Or raid with 2 or 3 classes?

Oh boy, I've been fooled then. Been playing for 8 years and raiding with both mage and lock for 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    From the affliction thread, appropriate here as well

So let me see if I understand this correctly...

Fel flame is now a 2-school scorch (double lockout on interrupt? another spell with cast time for destruction? How does this affect void ray?)
    Fel flame has a cast time of 1.5 seconds and can be casted while moving (was instant with 1.5s gcd, now interruptable and has cast/flight time)
    Fel flame DoT extension is removed. This means proc refreshes after a pandemic refresh will cost us 3 gcd's instead of 2 for affliction.
    Fel flame damage will be buffed, but the amount of damage will not sway you away from your spec's filler.
    DoT damage receiving a compensation increase. DoT damage was previously reduced to balance multi-target cleaving, so either the compensation isn't very much or it will eventually be reduced once the patch goes live.
    Malefic grasp damage reduced and redistributed into Haunt/DoTs. Will Drain soul follow with the same redistribution and will GoSac be balanced to compensate for the damage loss to MG?
    Haunt's damage compensation won't be enough to make up for the loss in Haunt+MG uptime.
    Haunt not castable while moving just means you can't move for the next 9.5 seconds or your damage tanks.
    The 10/60 change for KJC/MF is a change to balance cooldowns with raid mechanics. Its still terrible.
    MF now affects fewer spells (doesnt include HoG, Chaos Wave, Carrion Swarm, Void Ray, FnB) and there is no way the 100% damage increase makes it to live (RoF and Hellfire/IAura DPET makes them part of the single target rotation).
    Nothing yet on ember compensation for the RoF nerf.
    Nothing yet on UVLS being inevitably nerfed.
    Nothing yet on shifting soul shard use from soulburn soul swap to something else
    Nothing yet on a fix for Agony soul swap snapshot.
    Nothing on nerf to Soul Leech capping at 30% hp on the PTR (bug perhaps?)
    I'm still not using Archimonde's Vengeance, which goes against blizzard philosophy of taking damage to do damage...

I personally have no confidence in my class at the moment. I've played my lock since vanilla, from the glory days of SL/SL to the dark days of "Global the warlock". KJC was one of the greatest quality of life changes blizzard made to this class since they removed soul shard farming (hopefully they don't read this and get an idea), and casted movement will be missed. Just a reminder though:

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

#Xelnath2013!!!!!!!
    Already rerolled. I find mages to be more immune to nerfs and once again are able to top damage meters much easier. And they are more fun after these changes to Warlocks. Kinda depressing that they saw the revamp had no success. Maybe if they didn't gut the class in the first place.....

Already rerolled
    So you have already rerolled based on a bunch of unfinished, unannounced, proposed, potential, possible ptr changes - before the ptr cycle has even really properly begun - which may/may not be intentional/unintentional/bugs/experiments/finished/balanced/complete?

I see, I see.

2: Characteristic of melodrama, esp. in being exaggerated, sensationalized, or overemotional.
    The remaining Warlocks who still play and post after these 'knee-jerk rerollers' are done, who aren't as flippant, I feel will be better able to have an adult discussion afterwards as a result.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2013-06-18 at 02:27 PM.

really pissed off at the rain of fire change, i loved using that from day 1, never looked at guides since i can play my lock just fine, but i used rain of fire due to it adding more substance to the spec, yet idiots who felt they had to use it wanted it gone, really, people complain at added complexity and want it removed, if you couldnt use it, dont use it...

Already rerolled. I find mages to be more immune to nerfs and once again are able to top damage meters much easier. And they are more fun after these changes to Warlocks. Kinda depressing that they saw the revamp had no success. Maybe if they didn't gut the class in the first place.....
    So, how you enjoying "root myself within 2 spots" (Root, ops, Rune of power) and/or "stop dpsing for 3 secs every minute" (invocation)?

How fun is it compared to cast 100% on the move or have all AoE spells radius buffed by 500%?
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2013-06-18 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Interesting you look at a ~1+ year old sig and then feel compelled to say that Kagecamia. Please stop embarassing yourself. What we dont need Warlocks is sticking their head in the sand and pretending that the world is ending, nor prepared to put forward reasonable ideas and discussion.

There are pages and pages of reasonable ideas and discussion. Feel free to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So you have already rerolled based on a bunch of unfinished, unannounced, proposed, potential, possible ptr changes - before the ptr cycle has even really properly begun - which may/may not be intentional/unintentional/bugs/experiments/finished/balanced/complete?
    So what? Its their choice. Get over it

oops. mean to type that in the 5.4 changes not here

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    really pissed off at the rain of fire change, i loved using that from day 1, never looked at guides since i can play my lock just fine, but i used rain of fire due to it adding more substance to the spec, yet idiots who felt they had to use it wanted it gone, really, people complain at added complexity and want it removed, if you couldnt use it, dont use it...
    I agree, correct RoF usage made Destro more fun to me (plus my shiny green fire!). But it seems they don't like AoE (reticle) spells fit in single target rotation. They did the same with frost mages removing pet freeze from single target rotation.

couldnt they just buff dots but only allow UA and Agony to be on 2 targets at once but corruption on more or something to keep aff damage high but prevent multi dottting getting too absurd

i never used it initially for dps gain, i used it solely for ember generation, which charged up embers in case you need to use more burst or self healing, my play style allowed me to do all of that, hope they change it, really hope those who whinged at having to do it, just bugger off, seriously, if you cant do it, dont do it, rather dont complain about it

I'm not sure they're going in the right direction with making Fel Flame have a cast time. As pointed out earlier, that only serves to make Warlocks vulnerable to having both Fire/Shadow spells interrupted in PVP or in PVE(ex. Animus, Blackhorn, any other 'Disrupting Shout' boss mechanic).

I also got bored this morning and decided to squander a couple of minutes in MS Paint regarding the KJC changes.
    Warlock DOT Haste Spreadsheet 5.4 - Level 90

I think the recent change might work.

10:60 seems like a better idea, and Fel Flame not refreshing dots will help + more dmg into dots/Haunt. Will it be enough, we will see!
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%C3%A8/simple
    Old Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    LFR Hero/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    couldnt they just buff dots but only allow UA and Agony to be on 2 targets at once but corruption on more or something to keep aff damage high but prevent multi dottting getting too absurd
    That would work but I don't think Blizzard want to remove DoT classes' niche, which is dealing damage over time to as many targets as possible.

It's not easy to balance it and prevent for being overpowered w/o shifting damage to fillers.

Pit Lord
    Why the fck they decided to give fel flame a cast time now?! hey we dont like you to cast spells while moving , so heres spell you can cast while moving... logic. Keep it instant , maybe add some sort of ice lance mechanics , like if immolate / ua / doom is on target, it does more dmg or smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    So, how you enjoying "root myself within 2 spots" (Root, ops, Rune of power) and/or "stop dpsing for 3 secs every minute" (invocation)?

How fun is it compared to cast 100% on the move or have all AoE spells radius buffed by 500%?
    How fun is it to cast for 10 secs on the move every minute or have my AoE only be much bigger for 10 secs every minute? Not very fun nor practical if you ask me.

And weren't you one of the people who felt that the class was dying and you were going to quit as well given the new changes?

Let he who is without sin cast the first Chaos Bolt.

How fun is it to cast for 10 secs on the move every minute or have my AoE only be much bigger for 10 secs every minute? Not very fun nor practical if you ask me.

And weren't you one of the people who felt that the class was dying and you were going to quit as well given the new changes?

Let he who is without sin cast the first Chaos Bolt.
    Well, I actually stopped playing for a month and a half. Still hate lvl90 talents for mages. But my guild needs all my toons quite often. Right now, playing a mage is like a duty (and general addiction to my first toon), playing lock and my holy paladin is for fun.

This changes nothing. KJC still OP (on live). MF change still doesn't make much sense (100% increased dmg?). And AV still bad as a concept.

We should be providing feedback to enhance this post-nerf lvl90 tier, not defending to death an overpowered (and unintended!) talent.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Honestly this is kind of pathetic. They gutted dest and offered nothing of any substance on how that is going to work. Without RoF where are the embers coming from etc. Demo, the strongest spec atm seems to be getting a buff and and aff seems to get a buff to AOE.
    The fel flame change is a slap in the face IMO and i would expect most of this to be changed before 5.4
    Weirdly enough I don't remember many fights where distance between AoE phases is 1 minute. I wouldn't be surprised this will be a nerf. Not to mention FnB ...