Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Glyph of the Moonbeast You can now cast Healing Touch, Rejuvenation, Rebirth, and Tranquility without cancelling Moonkin Form. Major Glyph. Balance. hm i wonder if this means we get to cast in moonkin form baseline

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBH this isn't that great either. Especially in high target situations when you are already getting more SS procs then you can use per global it's essentially a worthless set bonus. Should be ok on 1 or 2 targets, but even there you are guaranteed to waste some procs because of this set bonus so you'll never be able to realize its' full potential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lenwedruid View Post
    Your chance to get Shooting Stars from a critical strike from Moonfire or Sunfire is increased by 20%.

So crit lose some value, at least is a new 4p
    You still need crit for it to trigger even in the first place, considering with the meta (if it will work in the new headpieces, which I hope), we're already running up to the GCD with our wraths, I could see us going back into more mastery. I think the devs really have no clue what to actually do with moonkin set bonuses, despite the great ideas we've already seen come from the community.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-07-15 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdidum View Post
    Glyph of the Moonbeast You can now cast Healing Touch, Rejuvenation, Rebirth, and Tranquility without cancelling Moonkin Form. Major Glyph. Balance. hm i wonder if this means we get to cast in moonkin form baseline
    Don't read to much into it. It might just be a rename. If we get it baseline, they'd just bake it into Moonkin.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be thinking about implementing a way for us to stack a set number of SS procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    You still need crit for it to trigger even in the first place, considering with the meta (if it will work in the new headpieces, which I hope), we're already running up to the GCD with our wraths, I could see us going back into more mastery. I think the devs really have no clue what to actually do with moonkin set bonuses, despite the great ideas we've already seen come from the community.
    THe metas should still work as they fit into a normal meta slot. I dont see blizz nerfing it so it dont work or what was the real point with it?

Moonkin set bonus's always seem abit lackluster, id love to see a bonus that lets us stack atleast 2 starsurges xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy View Post
    Im wondering if those 20% are on top of 30% = 50%? or 20% of 30=36%?
    It reads to me as though we have a 50% chance from dot crits to gain shooting stars.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    He's most likely saying we wont be stacking as much crit as currently. with 4p we'll likely start gemming int as the value of 2x crit will drop some.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    THe metas should still work as they fit into a normal meta slot. I dont see blizz nerfing it so it dont work or what was the real point with it?

Moonkin set bonus's always seem abit lackluster, id love to see a bonus that lets us stack atleast 2 starsurges xD
    The meta is so strong that we're unlikely to even use T16 hats if we can't socket it. I doubt Blizzard is that stupid.

I am a little underwhelmed with this 4p bonus at current. As stated a lot of us already run into a lot of wasted SS procs while casting other spells. Many a time we've been casting our starfire to have back to back procs of shooting stars. Now if they give us a charge system where we can save a shooting stars proc this bonus might be a lot better. For now it is a step in the right direction compared to the previous 4p bonus but it is still not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I am a little underwhelmed with this 4p bonus at current. As stated a lot of us already run into a lot of wasted SS procs while casting other spells. Many a time we've been casting our starfire to have back to back procs of shooting stars. Now if they give us a charge system where we can save a shooting stars proc this bonus might be a lot better. For now it is a step in the right direction compared to the previous 4p bonus but it is still not good enough.
    Stopcasting macros help reducing the wasted SS procs, but can't stop it though..

moonbeast glyph is actually gone atm with newest patch. The guided stars glyph in its place. Interesting. Hopefully a bug. We'll see.

Same with dark binding, have to drop form to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Stopcasting macros help reducing the wasted SS procs, but can't stop it though..
    Reducing wastage without increasing your DPS isn't very useful.

The stopcast macro for Shooting Stars proc has been proven to be not worth it. And even if it WAS a slight slight increase I just don't like stopping a cast I'm nearly through to fire off a starsurge.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Reducing wastage without increasing your DPS isn't very useful.
    Well, cancelling Wrath casts already was a DPS increase afaik and with 5.4 this will be the case even more?

It isn't. Wrath is so fast that you can't cancel it in time.

Deleted
    The new set bonus seems awesome from a fun PoV, but it's probably not that good from a DPS PoV.
    I like it better than the old one though, as it makes Incarnation useable.

I hope they will let us stack SS to 2 at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyeia View Post
    The new set bonus seems awesome from a fun PoV, but it's probably not that good from a DPS PoV.
    I like it better than the old one though, as it makes Incarnation useable.

I hope they will let us stack SS to 2 at some point.
    its good for a single target (assuming here)
    Not as much good for multi target

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It shows they are attempting to at least acknowledge our discontent with the previous 4 piece bonus. Still a lot of testing to be had on the PTR before anything is final.

Make starsurge stack but similar to tfb so it doesn't work in pvp. issue fixed.