Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    how about making moonkin mushrooms similar to resto ones, they would be placed and charged with channeled hurricane/AS, each hurricane cast would double dmg done on detonation.
    *sets down shrooms, channels a few hurricanes, onehits boss*

    Exponential growth is fun. Not a very good idea for these mechanics, though. But it would be nice if we could do something with them beyond just blowing them up. Even if it was just cosmetic stuff. (Glyph of the colorful Sporecloud etc.)

  2. #442
    I agree, charging shrooms works for resto because as a healer you have some downtime and can heal the normal way whilst they charge, it would be even more painful to throw hurricane / storm into our rotation so that the shrooms are charged for when we need them.

    I personally hate shrooms, some people say they want the cata ones back, i still think its always been a clunky mechanic. People say they want an interesting aoe, so that its not 1 button sleeping on keyboard, however it is very difficult for blizzard to balance an aoe that takes more prep and skill on use, since low end players will end up under dpsing, and top end players will end up over dpsing. Unfortunately 1 button aoe is really the most balanced way to do it.

    Maybe they could change it so that the Area of effect of the bloom from shrooms increases the damage taken by hurricane and astral storm for all targets by X%, it would mean we have to keep the bloom up, which only needs 1 application of shrooms at a time, unless you want a wider radius, but thats pretty pointless with the raidus of hurricane / storm.

  3. #443
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    I agree, charging shrooms works for resto because as a healer you have some downtime and can heal the normal way whilst they charge, it would be even more painful to throw hurricane / storm into our rotation so that the shrooms are charged for when we need them.

    I personally hate shrooms, some people say they want the cata ones back, i still think its always been a clunky mechanic. People say they want an interesting aoe, so that its not 1 button sleeping on keyboard, however it is very difficult for blizzard to balance an aoe that takes more prep and skill on use, since low end players will end up under dpsing, and top end players will end up over dpsing. Unfortunately 1 button aoe is really the most balanced way to do it.

    Maybe they could change it so that the Area of effect of the bloom from shrooms increases the damage taken by hurricane and astral storm for all targets by X%, it would mean we have to keep the bloom up, which only needs 1 application of shrooms at a time, unless you want a wider radius, but thats pretty pointless with the raidus of hurricane / storm.
    bit like back in cata when we would pop shrooms to apply the spell damage taken debuff to the adds we were aoe'ing. I like what someone said earlier about hurricane/astral storm being balance around not having NG up; so when it is up its a bonus, right now it feels almost essential.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    bit like back in cata when we would pop shrooms to apply the spell damage taken debuff to the adds we were aoe'ing. I like what someone said earlier about hurricane/astral storm being balance around not having NG up; so when it is up its a bonus, right now it feels almost essential.
    Problem is people will always treat it as essential. It would just lead to Hurricane being overtuned.

  5. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Problem is people will always treat it as essential. It would just lead to Hurricane being overtuned.
    Maybe not. Could make it so it's a consumable stack. Essentially the first hurricane/astral storm tick would deal extra damage, and the rest of the ticks wouldn't. That'd give shrooms a nice little aoe perk to their use, but not make it so hurricane/astral storm damage is tuned around constantly dropping shrooms. Like what it was a 100% or 150% bonus on that first tick? That's also give balance a nice little bit of burst aoe on a short cooldown.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

  6. #446
    I was talking NG, not shrooms.

  7. #447
    Dreadlord lappee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    843
    They could just re-introduce Insect Swarm as AoE dot (deals dmg to nearby enemies, as well as the main target) thats not usable together with moonfire or sunfire on a target. Would probably require either charge based system or target cap.

    This way AoE could be interesting, whether to SuF/MF targets, IS them (if this, how many targets? hurricane or SuF/MF the rest?)or cast Hurricane / Astral storm.

    Numbers can always be adjusted as well as the cast time of IS, also it could just do physical dmg (its insects after all) so eclipse wouldnt matter at all

  8. #448
    That is actually a nice idea, or you could steal the affliction warlock mechanic of spreading corruption through SoC and have it work with mushrooms: Lower the damage on initial mushroom explosion (if needed) and it applies Insect Swarm(With a target cap if needed). That would give us sustained aoe with hurricane up and would incorperating mushrooms when aoeing.
    Additionally, you could give it a stacking effect (To max 3) dependent on the amount of mushrooms exploded. In combination with the new mushroom glyph (that allows for only one mushroom, but buffs its damage, and additionally would remove the ability for IS to stack), you'd have to choose between higher sustained Aoe and Burst aoe depending on the fight.

    If you have it scale with eclipse, it would enforce the managing of eclipses more during fights. Like, for example, making sure you're in solar when Lei Shen spawns his balls, this wouldn't affect the top end moonkins much since Hurricane > AS in terms of dmg, but it would make it slightly more punishing if you just mindlessly cycled through eclipses and didn't do that.

    I personally just want to get a little bit more use out of our mushrooms, rather than a completely new spell. Because atm they feel like a wasted spell. Most of the times, you put them up before the fight and blow them during your CA+Inc uptime. I don't want them to be a part of the main rotation, but at this point it is simply more beneficial to not even bother with them during aoe parts of the fight.
    They're usefull for creating a path of slows, but honestly, when was the last time where we actually used this in pve? The last time I've used shrooms in this manner was for heroic Beth'tilac.
    I love the spell and would like to see it getting used a bit more.
    Last edited by Rocketbear; 2013-07-25 at 06:10 AM.
    Check out my youtube channel of fail: http://www.youtube.com/EliteRocketbear

    8/8Hc DS

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I was talking NG, not shrooms.
    Sorry, skimmed and didn't notice the topic switch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    That is actually a nice idea, or you could steal the affliction warlock mechanic of spreading corruption through SoC and have it work with mushrooms:
    This is another good idea.
    (Although if they returned Insect Swarm I'd really like it to be like the D3 Locust Swarm, put it on one target and on its own it spreads throughout a group. The bigger the group the more applications you'll need to put out so it spreads to everything. Toss in a glyph to let it do infest two additional targets at a time for quicker ramp up. That wouldn't really solve the burst issues, but it'd be really cool to see in WoW, other than the mistweaver renewing mists.)
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    This is another good idea.
    (Although if they returned Insect Swarm I'd really like it to be like the D3 Locust Swarm, put it on one target and on its own it spreads throughout a group. The bigger the group the more applications you'll need to put out so it spreads to everything. Toss in a glyph to let it do infest two additional targets at a time for quicker ramp up. That wouldn't really solve the burst issues, but it'd be really cool to see in WoW, other than the mistweaver renewing mists.)
    So, basically, like the Mistweaver HoT that jumps around? Though it seems Blizzard is trying to put Balance more into an Astral theme now than a nature mage kind of thing.

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    This is another good idea.
    (Although if they returned Insect Swarm I'd really like it to be like the D3 Locust Swarm, put it on one target and on its own it spreads throughout a group. The bigger the group the more applications you'll need to put out so it spreads to everything. Toss in a glyph to let it do infest two additional targets at a time for quicker ramp up. That wouldn't really solve the burst issues, but it'd be really cool to see in WoW, other than the mistweaver renewing mists.)
    Indeed, that is another good idea. I however would prefer it if they gave some use to some of our more forgotten abilities now. If it was implement in the way I explained (IS stacking to max 3 stacks depending on the amount of mushroom detonations), and the glyph only allowing us to place one mushroom but with increased dmg (and also removing the ability for IS to stack or remove it completely), you can choose between burst and sustained Aoe, both of which we are kind lacking atm.
    Besides, it kind of makes sense from a silly lore point of view. Mushroom explodes, emitting a foul smell attracting nearby insects and shit like that

    But Locus Swarm also seem a good idea to be fair. What is certain that we need some form of increase in our aoe department.
    Check out my youtube channel of fail: http://www.youtube.com/EliteRocketbear

    8/8Hc DS

  12. #452
    i have posted some of these ideas over on the eu forums, hopefully someone from blizz will see them

  13. #453
    The thing about eclipse affecting our aoe is that our aoe doesnt push us so we have to essentially stop and push ourselves and then we are in lunar which is crap for aoe, so we have to push ourselves again which is a real break in the aoe process. Really hurricane and AS shouldnt be so different (though not sure why AS costs more when it does less) and shouldnt be balanced around NG. NG should be a bonus as otherwise we have this huge break in our aoe to make sure it stays up.

    Its like they had 2 different ideas for restricting our aoe, the nature side should be stronger and it should be balanced around having NG up which together really creates a nightmare for proper aoe.

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Its like they had 2 different ideas for restricting our aoe, the nature side should be stronger and it should be balanced around having NG up which together really creates a nightmare for proper aoe.
    This ^^ totally true, its a nightmare sometimes, especially when your just leaving an eclipse and for example the ball lightnings spawn on lei shen

  15. #455
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,101
    Why don't they make hurricane gain lunar energy and astral storm gain solar - yes it would stop hurricane solar camping; but at the same time you'd still be pushing eclipses for starfall and better NG uptime. Per spell it wouldn't be a dps increase at all; but actually in game would be a minor increase.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    This ^^ totally true, its a nightmare sometimes, especially when your just leaving an eclipse and for example the ball lightnings spawn on lei shen
    Look at your timers, delay eclipse for a bit to drop a big hurricane on them. They should die relatively quickly anyways.
    Check out my youtube channel of fail: http://www.youtube.com/EliteRocketbear

    8/8Hc DS

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Look at your timers, delay eclipse for a bit to drop a big hurricane on them. They should die relatively quickly anyways.
    You dont get the point. To max the aoe, we have to delay eclipse like you said, which effectively is a dps loss, whereas other classes just do normal rotation and then throw out aoe whenever.

    And tbh its more of a dps loss to delay eclipses for burst aoe than to hit it out of an eclipse. Only for longer periods of aoe should you always be in eclipse.

    So yeah the point is, our aoe is designed to badly for the fact that you can be in the complete wrong place on eclipse bars which screws you, i am not saying you cant time things or watch timers to be at the right point, but even still its a stupid thing.

  18. #458
    In my opinion there are several possibilities to buff our area effect damage.

    1. Make hurricane / astral storm work like rain of fire from the warlock. Then we could make damage with hurricane / astral storm and we are still able to dot and use starsurge.
    2. Buff shrooms back there were it was in end of cata and delete hurricane / astral storm. I personally hate the channel mechanic. The cata shrooms made so much fun when I remember firelands or ds.
    3. Simply buff hurricane / astral storm by roughly 20 % to compete with other ae spells ingame or let it apply insect swarm which deals XY damage over XY s.

  19. #459
    I wouldn't mind having a single mushroom on a CD which pulses for AoE damage or spreads our DoTs to nearby targets (similar to Wild Mushroom: Plague which a Dk gets but not as long a cooldown) rather than having a hurricane / astral storm change but that's because I hate standing there trying to get off a channel midfight especially when a lot of movement is involved (lightning whip mechanics, etc).

  20. #460
    Wild Mushroom: Place a wild mushroom at your target location that pulses every 3 seconds inflicting sunfire on the targets within 8 yards. Lasts 15 seconds. 30 second CD.

    That would do it for me to be honest. Gives lunar Starfall and Solar something different in the for of mushrooms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •