Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    I'll just take Treants and wait for those trinket procs...opening burst will be pretty dead for some people. As for UVLS...I'm fairly sure that trinket is simply put on the "DE list" if it drops (and it's not a 20 ilvl upgrade). Meh...RPPM needs a floor and ceiling internal cooldown. And the procs shouldn't be so damned powerful in the first place....

  2. #522
    RPPM ruined this expansion for me. It's the stupidest system ever to go from 10% uptime to 70% uptime between 2 attempts. I really just want ICD trinkets back.

  3. #523
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    Btw not sure if anyone talked about it recently, but last time i was on PTR my 2 set was critting ALOT more than before, more or less equal to my crit %

    So thats nice
    wish I could get on the damn PTR. keep getting a #107 error and blizzard refuse to support PTR - gg.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  4. #524
    Any ideas on the PTR lvl 60 talents. I have tried them all out abit and i kinda like them all. Would the SotF make mastery top stat? Or atleast much more desirable? After doing a few hours of testing i barely am out of an eclipse anymore.

  5. #525
    Has anyone tested Ysera's Gift in latest build, if it still brings you in combat when it heals someone else (they in combat, you not)

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    I disagree - using HotW+Tranq to counter a 5th or 6th Rampage on Megaera, for instance, isn't a fuckup, but it is an intelligent use of the talent. So is using it to rapidly patch up the raid after an Interrupting Jolt from Dark Animus or throwing a few Rejuvenations around to ease a bit of healing pressure. That part of the talent can be used proactively and intelligently and is the part I like. The part I don't - which I keep alluding to - is having bonuses to Cat Form which, in PvE, are never of benefit. It's downright confusing for me because I see the bonuses, I try to think of situations where they'd be useful, but they never are.

    I'm curious as to why Ferals using HotW+Hurricane on Wind Lord (hc) to game literally meter-topping levels of AoE dps is considered an acceptable use of the talent, but Balance being able to use Cat Form single-target somewhere is so heinous. Remember, Ferals could still do this after the nerf. I'd rather Cat Form gain no bonus for my spec at all than to have pointless bonuses. I can see from this thread that I'm not the only Druid to feel that way, but for each Druid like myself, there is another who is happy with the talent as it is, so the chance of any changes occurring to this facet of it is negligible. I just find it incredibly disappointing.
    You're complaining about a free bonus. It doesn't have to be terribly useful. Also, Feral HotW wasn't considered acceptable. The non-balance portion of the talent was nerfed quite a bit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Has anyone tested Ysera's Gift in latest build, if it still brings you in combat when it heals someone else (they in combat, you not)
    It even enables PvP if the target has it -v- I hope they fix that before live, i rather like the talent otherwise.

  7. #527
    Field Marshal Koa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USC.
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Has anyone tested Ysera's Gift in latest build, if it still brings you in combat when it heals someone else (they in combat, you not)
    It still does sadly, and what huth said it flags you for pvp. >.>
    Tauren are the only race that produce the proper sound effects when you use the '/moo' emote.
    /moo'ing since the beginning of march 2004 in the closed World of Warcraft beta.
    Taurens>Gnomes>Trolls>Orcs>Worgens.
    Druid>Shaman>Rogue>Mage.

  8. #528
    Would be nice if they realized the "problem" is the power of the procs and not that they proc reliably on the pull as that is exactly what trinkets had been doing for almost 9 years before they introduced RPPM.

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    Would be nice if they realized the "problem" is the power of the procs and not that they proc reliably on the pull as that is exactly what trinkets had been doing for almost 9 years before they introduced RPPM.
    Pretty much this. Although I don't think anyone would honestly support the RNG of RPM, the fact that BoTH is a 9000 int proc literally makes the difference between out bursting the fire mage and being 8th randomly on DPS.

  10. #530
    Has anyone done any real testing with the new Sotf and DoC? I'm really curious about how well they are doing. Is it worth picking them over Incarnation/Treants or Hotw? If so, will it change the stat priorities in some way? I imagined that if those 2 new talents are worth taking it would increase the value of mastery. But since i haven't been into ptr yet i don't really know.

  11. #531
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    Has anyone done any real testing with the new Sotf and DoC? I'm really curious about how well they are doing. Is it worth picking them over Incarnation/Treants or Hotw? If so, will it change the stat priorities in some way? I imagined that if those 2 new talents are worth taking it would increase the value of mastery. But since i haven't been into ptr yet i don't really know.
    There's been mechanics testing on the PTR, but that's about all we can do. Numbers balancing hasn't occurred yet, so instead the focus is on if the talents make sense and could be competitive if buffed/nerfed.

    New PTR change: RPPM stuff is being altered. While it doesn't exactly convey a Balance change itself, it's still good to know. Details are on this news post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Posts-TCG-Art.

    Will lower the value of haste by a tiny bit, but not much.

  12. #532
    Hi everyone,
    I might be a bit late and someone already stated this, but what professions will be best for us in 5.4? I'm asking, because I perhaps want to drop JC for BS with regards to the 640 Crit BS gives over the 320 Int of JC. In our guides it's stated that one crit equals 0.67 to 1 point INT. So we get 428.8 dps from BS and 320 dps from JC. Up to this point this all shows me BS is better, but my final question is: I got almost BiS right now and next content with the crit ratings getting even higher AND the T16 4P, will crit be worth less per point? We already got problems to get off our SS proccs in some situations, especially in multi-target fights. Many of the T16 encounters are 2 or more targets.

    I can't really math this out, so please help me:
    Will we be going for INT instead of CRIT next content?


    Regards Bear

    Thanks for replies in advance and sorry for my poor english

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearowlkin View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I might be a bit late and someone already stated this, but what professions will be best for us in 5.4? I'm asking, because I perhaps want to drop JC for BS with regards to the 640 Crit BS gives over the 320 Int of JC. In our guides it's stated that one crit equals 0.67 to 1 point INT. So we get 428.8 dps from BS and 320 dps from JC. Up to this point this all shows me BS is better, but my final question is: I got almost BiS right now and next content with the crit ratings getting even higher AND the T16 4P, will crit be worth less per point? We already got problems to get off our SS proccs in some situations, especially in multi-target fights. Many of the T16 encounters are 2 or more targets.

    I can't really math this out, so please help me:
    Will we be going for INT instead of CRIT next content?


    Regards Bear

    Thanks for replies in advance and sorry for my poor english
    No. Int is worth only 1 point, where as crit is worth double what int is cause the gems give 320 stats where as int only gives 160. So instead of it being .67, it's worth 1.34 while int is only worth 1.

    Now, this could change with the 4 piece, however I see crit being more worth and we get to a certain cap and start going mastery. But this is all still speculation.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    No. Int is worth only 1 point, where as crit is worth double what int is cause the gems give 320 stats where as int only gives 160. So instead of it being .67, it's worth 1.34 while int is only worth 1.

    Now, this could change with the 4 piece, however I see crit being more worth and we get to a certain cap and start going mastery. But this is all still speculation.
    I'm sorry to say it this way, but I didn't really ask for speculations. I'm asking for someone who CAN do the maths behind this, because I am not good enough in it. And btw Liax, what you "mathed" is just stated in my text, as you would've noticed if you read it. I wrote "per point 0.67" and not per gem.

  15. #535
    As far as we can tell, the 4p actually increases the value of crit.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As far as we can tell, the 4p actually increases the value of crit.
    But how can even more wasted proccs mean that its value increases? I'm confused....

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearowlkin View Post
    But how can even more wasted proccs mean that its value increases? I'm confused....
    Because more spells critting is still a higher dps gain than mastery. A wasted starsurge sucks, yes, but that means that a dot just crit for double damage (which is awesome).

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearowlkin View Post
    But how can even more wasted proccs mean that its value increases? I'm confused....
    Because you're looking at the wrong number. Going from 10 to 15 usable procs per minute is an increase, even if that means you now waste 50% of your procs instead of 20%.

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearowlkin View Post
    But how can even more wasted proccs mean that its value increases? I'm confused....
    The goal is to improve on not wasting procs. If you assume you're always going to waste procs then why do you even bother putting your dots up?

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The goal is to improve on not wasting procs. If you assume you're always going to waste procs then why do you even bother putting your dots up?
    If you get procs faster than the GCD, waste is inevitable. It's technically impossible to get to a state where you can get 0% waste.

    It's also still more damage to put up the dots than to not do so, regardless of waste.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •