Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    You could also use this macro:

/cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@TANKNAME] Healing Touch

This would remove the risk of having targeting issues with the /targetlasttarget macro.

The only bad thing about having your macro target the tank is that the tank may not always be in range. Of course. you know that YOU will always be in range of yourself! :P
    You can obviously use a mod key for the tank and have it default on yourself.

/cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@TANKNAME, mod:shift] [@mouseover] Healing Touch
    /cast Healing Touch

(did I type that right?)

What happens if myself is out of range? D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You can obviously use a mod key for the tank and have it default on yourself.

/cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [@TANKNAME, mod:shift] [@mouseover] Healing Touch
    /cast Healing Touch

(did I type that right?)

What happens if myself is out of range? D:
    The only problem I could see if Ns is on CD. I personally don't macro it into other abilities, so that's what I'm wondering?

If NS is on cooldown then you hardcast healing touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    The only problem I could see if Ns is on CD. I personally don't macro it into other abilities, so that's what I'm wondering?
    If it's on CD, it just throws an error and moves on to the next /cast.

Though this macro will not default to yourself if you have automatic selfcast disabled.

Generally, i consider @playername preferable as it doesn't change your current target. I'd also recommend adding a modifier for the @mouseover, or you'll end up healing random people when you wanted to heal yourself.

It will cast HT when NS is on CD because it's off the GCD so even when on CD the game can skip it on macros.

You can try it on live if you want. Make a /cast NS /cast HT macro and spam it or use it during a GCD and it will start casting HT even if NS is off cd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If it's on CD, it just throws an error and moves on to the next /cast.

Though this macro will not default to yourself if you have automatic selfcast disabled.

Generally, i consider @playername preferable as it doesn't change your current target. I'd also recommend adding a modifier for the @mouseover, or you'll end up healing random people when you wanted to heal yourself.
    Yeah I'm not really good with macros. Just put one together for the purposes of the post :P

I remember having to make a cast sequence macro for NS/HT as the game for some friggin reason didn't like me just chaining them together.

Did someone test Doc on the Ptr I try to use it yesterday but it doesn't seem to work. I cast HT, then see then cenarius buff and then when I switch to the new eclypse I see no buff (25%) I look at my eclipse and I have the same value with and without Doc 44% dmg increase. DO I miss something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    Did someone test Doc on the Ptr I try to use it yesterday but it doesn't seem to work. I cast HT, then see then cenarius buff and then when I switch to the new eclypse I see no buff (25%) I look at my eclipse and I have the same value with and without Doc 44% dmg increase. DO I miss something ?
    It has been working perfectly for me on PTR. Not sure what you could be doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post
    It has been working perfectly for me on PTR. Not sure what you could be doing wrong.
    doesn't work properly with t15 4set bonus. seems bugged atm.

Deleted
    No, it increases the damage bonus from your eclipse. I went on to PTR this morning as well, did some LFR, so bear in mind I was lacking 10296 haste and hit cap, and I was averaging out at about 120-130k dps without really knowing what I was doing either. I was beating 2 other moonkins, one who had more progress than me on live and not using the talent and I was beating him in terms of dps by a 15k margin.

Bear in mind that you have to cast HT BEFORE you go into eclipse, since entering eclipse consumes the DoC buff you get and doesn't empower your current eclipse.
    My Eclipse bonus dmg was sitting at 68%, going up from 43%, whenever I had DoC buff up when entering eclipse, it doesn't empower your current eclipse.

My starfires were critting for 750k on Iron Juggernaut, which to my knowledge doesn't have a dmg buff.

I have to admit that for me personally, it takes some time getting used to (especially with the low haste values I had on PTR) properly using DoC.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-09-02 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    After testing a lot on ptr in my opinion DoC is only one thing: Shitty

I think on single target FoN/HotW will perform best.
    On multitarget there Inc/HotW will become the way to go.

BUT: That was not with the live numbers. Maybe with a little bit of changing numbers that can be a plus for DoC.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    doesn't work properly with t15 4set bonus. seems bugged atm.
    thx I was still using the 4T15

thx I was still using the 4T15
    I'm just going to assume it's a known bug atm, but if you want to play around with DoC properly and actually see roughly the numbers from it you have to buy the normal mode t16 gear from townlong steppes or use offpieces you've aquired this tier and just use the 2pc. Guessing the 4set is interfering somehow with the DoC buff since both are trying to adjust the eclipse buff. Hopefully it will be fixed on live for those crazy multidot fights.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    I'm just going to assume it's a known bug atm, but if you want to play around with DoC properly and actually see roughly the numbers from it you have to buy the normal mode t16 gear from townlong steppes or use offpieces you've aquired this tier and just use the 2pc. Guessing the 4set is interfering somehow with the DoC buff since both are trying to adjust the eclipse buff. Hopefully it will be fixed on live for those crazy multidot fights.
    hope so because I just test on ptr and the issue comes from the 4T15

Deleted
    I feel it will cause trouble if we're gonna be using halfoptimized gear for every fight if it turns out we roll DoC/SotF in one fight and inc/HotW in the nezt due to crit/mastery - in the first we want mastery gear but in the second we avoid mastery gear for more crit which either forces us to go a mix of them, leaving us "halfoptimized" or we just get crit or mastery gear and do well in one spec and much worse then we potentially could in the other...

This almost makes me feel like getting 2 sets of moonkin gear for different fights, maybe try to get as little spirit as possible on your restogear as possible and run that as your multitarget gear would work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    I feel it will cause trouble if we're gonna be using halfoptimized gear for every fight if it turns out we roll DoC/SotF in one fight and inc/HotW in the nezt due to crit/mastery - in the first we want mastery gear but in the second we avoid mastery gear for more crit which either forces us to go a mix of them, leaving us "halfoptimized" or we just get crit or mastery gear and do well in one spec and much worse then we potentially could in the other...

This almost makes me feel like getting 2 sets of moonkin gear for different fights, maybe try to get as little spirit as possible on your restogear as possible and run that as your multitarget gear would work.
    Let's be honest here, for single target, I still think Treants + HotW is going to pull ahead (at least pre-T16 2set), but when speaking multi target, we will either have DoC + SotF for sustained multi target dps and have Inc + DoC for when burst is required.
    It makes no logical sense to combo together HotW and Incarnation, when DoC also increases the burst during your incarnation/CA period.

But judged from posts in the T16H bis list, I highly doubt it will be a necessity to swap around gems and reforges for each boss. You might want to do that for progress if you're cutting edge, but the difference seems marginal at best.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-09-03 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Let's be honest here, for single target, I still think Treants + HotW is going to pull ahead (at least pre-T16 2set), but when speaking multi target, we will either have DoC + SotF for sustained multi target dps and have Inc + DoC for when burst is required.
    It makes no logical sense to combo together HotW and Incarnation, when DoC also increases the burst during your incarnation/CA period.

But judged from posts in the T16H bis list, I highly doubt it will be a necessity to swap around gems and reforges for each boss. You might want to do that for progress if you're cutting edge, but the difference seems marginal at best.
    Well, i just wanted to give an example that favored a crit build, Treants is the strongest single target talent, yes but as far as i know there are very few real single target fights (something like 2-3) so inc might still be used more but together with DoC in that case which still would make a crit>mastery build.

DoC owns.

SOTF does not own.

Deleted
    Is there any way with a macro to target the person with the lowest health and then cast healing touch kinda like smart heals do ... or is that impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomzy View Post
    Is there any way with a macro to target the person with the lowest health and then cast healing touch kinda like smart heals do ... or is that impossible?
    No. That would be incredibly broken and exploitable for obvious reasons.