Page 1 of 62
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Balance] 5.4 Changes and Thoughts

Idea shamelessly borrowed from Cambria's Resto thread on the topic - thought it'd be a good idea to have a Balance one as well to centralise discussion and information.

Spells

Wrath/Starfire/Starsurge
    Cost of Starfire/Starsurge has been increased by 50%. Cost of Wrath has been increased by ~5%.
    Oh no!

Eclipse
    Your Wrath now generates Lunar Energy and your Starfire now generates Solar Energy. Solar Eclipse When you reach 100 Solar Energy you will trigger a Solar Eclipse, increasing all Nature damage done by 15%. Lunar Eclipse When you reach 100 Lunar Energy you will trigger a Lunar Eclipse, increasing all Arcane damage done by 15% and transforming your Hurricane spell into Astral Storm. When triggered, both Lunar and Solar Eclipse grant 15% spell haste for 15 sec and energize you for 50% of your maximum mana.
    You gain 50% max mana, instead of 35% upon entering an eclipse.

Moonkin Form
    Moonkin Form grants an additional 60% armor, but no longer grants 15% damage reduction.
    Changed since the initial PTR: shouldn't be too much of a PvP nerf.

Nature's Swiftness
    Replaced with Ysera's Gift.
    Baseline for Resto and Balance.

Astral Communion
    Now defaults to generating Lunar energy towards a Lunar Eclipse when used after being resurrected or zoning into a new area.
    Now goes the other way...

Talents

Dream of Cenarius
    Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and casting Healing Touch increases the damage bonus of your next Eclipse by 25%.
    Pretty straight-forward, one Healing Touch = 25% eclipse damage bonus.

Nature's Vigil
    Nature's Vigil now increases all damage and healing done by 12% for 30 sec, up from 10%.
    Brings NV closer to HotW, but not necessarily close enough.

Soul of the Forest
    Your Wrath, Starfire, and Starsurge casts have a 8% chance to cause your next Astral Communion to grant 100 Lunar or Solar energy.
    Changed since initial PTR: now grants 100 energy instead of immediate advancement to the next eclipse. Prevents people from skipping Solar.

Force of Nature
    Casts Wrath for [ 2,052 + 37.5% of Spell Power ] Nature damage, up from [ 1,642 + 30% of Spell Power ].
    Just a tooltip update from the change made in a 5.3 hotfix.

Ysera's Gift
    Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead.
    New talent, replaces Nature's Swiftness.

Glyphs

Glyph of the Moonbeast
    Glyph of the Moonbeast's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Glyph of Guided Stars. Glyph of Guided Stars causes Starfall to only hit targets affected by the Druid's Moonfire or Sunfire.
    We can cast healing spells baseline in Chicken form. Also, Starfall only hits dotted targets.

Glyph of Nature's Grasp
    Now reduces the cooldown of Nature’s Grasp by 45 seconds (up from 30 seconds).
    Changed since the initial PTR: was 60 seconds, now 45 seconds. Still an alright PvP change.

Tier 16 bonuses

2-piece - Arcane spells cast while in Lunar Eclipse will shoot a single Lunar bolt at the target. Nature spells cast while in a Solar Eclipse will shoot a single Solar bolt at the target.
    Solid DPS increase.

4-piece - Your chance to get Shooting Stars from a critical strike from Moonfire or Sunfire is increased by 8%.
    Changed since initial PTR: down to 8% from 20%. Synergy with crit.

I'll keep this list updated and edit accordingly when changes occur.

Edit: as always, a good deal of discussion will take place in the EJ thread - http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t130885-...3_updates/p44/
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-08-28 at 04:17 AM.

Looks like sotf might synergize well with 4-piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Looks like sotf might synergize well with 4-piece.
    Yeah it could do - it essentially accomplishes the same thing as the current SotF, but in a different manner. There's still the GCD cost of using Astral Communion to get out of the non-eclipse phase, which is certainly shorter than 2 hard casts, but it's not guaranteed. What if it procs twice during one eclipse? Does it stack?

Regardless, it would need to shorten eclipse cycles considerably to make it worthwhile and synergise well with the 4-piece. At least if it they do go well together, the 4-piece + Incarnation thing is moot, since we'd take SotF. Still, not too happy that it causes a de-synchronisation with Incarnation.

this patch makes me very sad... from a pvp perspective, I think I will put my boomkin aside.

Removig dmg reduction on moonkin form is strange to me. Taking away nature swiftness is huge! Taking away healing benefits on HotW...
    My defenses are "completely" stripped now, and I will be as squishy as a resto, but without the heals to balance it...

Deleted
    Seems like a very weird patch. Everything seems to be build around getting from one eclipse to the next as quickly as possible, even if you take sotf against the casters mainrule: always be casting!

It would diminish my fun playing, if it is only based on getting from one to another. What happens to the idea of postponing for aoe etc, the min-maxing of eclipse switching or staying makes moonkins fun..

sad panda.. uhm i mean worgen!

They're also taking away our passive 15% damage mitigation in moonkin form. They're doing the same to Shadow priests too.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifCannon View Post
    They're also taking away our passive 15% damage mitigation in moonkin form. They're doing the same to Shadow priests too.
    Oh God i hope not!
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Also, it sounds to me like the 2-piece will proc off of Moonfire/Sunfire based on the way its worded, which may help with movement dps slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrifCannon View Post
    Could just be a data mining error. We'll have to see if it doesn't change in the next few weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Could just be a data mining error. We'll have to see if it doesn't change in the next few weeks.

Nope, it is in the Bliz patch notes.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Nope, it is in the Bliz patch notes.
    That's unfortunate then. Not sure the reasoning behind it, though.

[SoTF] I'm not sure the SoTF change will make the talent very appealing for single target fights where we are switching between eclipses at quite a fast rate anyhow (10,289 haste and meta gem helps here), but may prove useful in AoE situations where we only wish to enter a new eclipse to gain NG again and continue multi dotting.

[DoC] An interesting concept and could be a strong talent seeing as fitting in healing touches with NG + Meta up shouldn't hinder our DPS that much but i'm not convinced losing out on the passive 6% int would be entirely worth it but i'll leave the theorycrafters to decide on that one.

p.s. I still hate treants <3

Also, I'm interested in seeing if starfall during lunar eclipse also procs the 2p as that would make for some insane damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tears will flow in PvP.

Nature's swiftness gone for Balance as a talent choice (survivability/utility loss). 15% mitigation seemingly gone, massive blow to survivability. Not sure if HOTW's healing got nerfed or if that was just a tooltip change.

Either way the MOP roller coaster ride is revving up once again. I wish they'd just bloody get it right on the first patch.
    Last edited by Venteus; 2013-06-12 at 06:49 AM.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    [SoTF]Also, I'm interested in seeing if starfall during lunar eclipse also procs the 2p as that would make for some insane damage.
    2-piece shouldn't do more than 2-4% total damage, so if it does do more you can be assured they'll nerf it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    Tears will flow in PvP.

Nature's swiftness gone for Balance as a talent choice (survivability/utility loss). 15% mitigation seemingly gone, massive blow to survivability. Not sure if Nature's vigil's healing got nerfed or if that was just a tooltip change.

Either way the MOP roller coaster ride is revving up once again. I wish they'd just bloody get it right on the first patch.
    I believe Nature's Swiftness is baseline - I'll add that into the OP. Just a tooltip change for HotW.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-06-12 at 06:57 AM.

I believe Nature's Swiftness is baseline - I'll add that into the OP. Just a tooltip change for HotW.
    From the patch notes: Nature's Swiftness is no longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Restoration Druids at level 30.

I guess it became too powerful in PvP or something for boomers / ferals / guardians.

I feel like Incarn might pull out better with the gear scaling until 4p, then will become less appealing once CA/Incarn no longer sync up, resulting in a fair number of us grabbing FoN for single target and SotF for multi.

Thing that might be interesting about SotF is if we can hold the proc for an extended period of time thus use it if we have to hold an eclipse for an extended period and lose NG for getting to that next one.

NS is now baseline, but only for Resto. HotW is not just a tooltip change ist it? I had HUGE healing when I poped it, so removing the "increases healing" part for non-resto cannot be a tool-tip change.

I was not aware that boomkins were unkillable beasts that needed survivability nerfs

Edit: Must admit, though, the new Yseras gift looks sweet/OP
    Last edited by guff; 2013-06-12 at 07:41 AM.

Moonkin Form
    Moonkin Form no longer grants 15% damage reduction.

Incredibly sad. Boomie was my 1st toon but I've come to hate/love it. Used to feel like part bear-part caster ala moonkin with both some survability from a melee hit and some resistances from casters. We've been stripped over and over and over again. And shrooms...do not get me started on those F#$%^^ing shrooms. Sad days indeed.

5.4 in a short story: Treants + hotw = only viable combo, moonkin combat resses no longer needed due to no NS.