Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is a copy paste from the Blizz patch notes "Nature's Swiftness is no longer a talent, and is now an ability learned by Restoration Druids at level 30." this leads me to believe its for Resto only.

Deleted
    I sure hope they change 4p, horrible design considering it's useless if using INC.

I hate SotF being RNG, 39% chance to proc in lunar (6 casts, the spell you use to enter lunar + 5 starfires/starsurges), and 44% most of the time in solar (7 casts, assuming min. 2 starsurges during solar)

If this goes live, my boomie goes on the bench im afraid.

I mostly play 2n2 (yes) and alrdy get steamrolled by melee/hunter teams, and now without instant (hotw) heal and -15% dmg red. im dead in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    5.4 in a short story: Treants + hotw = only viable combo, moonkin combat resses no longer needed due to no NS.
    Wait, you're not supposed to use it if you don't have NS? So that's what i always did wrong. Especially when we only had 3 BRs total.
    Or maybe you're being rather hyperbolic there.

Anyway... it seems that Ysera's is supposed to be passive. Odd choice. Still not liking DoC and i prefered the old SotF, even if it is weaker.

As for the Moonkin change, it appears that they removed every single baseline damage reduction for non-tanks. Warlocks also got hit.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As for the Moonkin change, it appears that they removed every single baseline damage reduction for non-tanks. Warlocks also got hit.
    As did shadow priests and hunters, although hunters only got a reduction from 15% to 10% rather than complete removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems we better pray for alot of single target fights in the next tier (never thought I'd say that as boomkin) otherwise we'll suck. Unless they buff dot damage so we can do real aoe dps again. Either that or they'll need to buff NV to bring it back up woth HOTW standards and we'll need to eclipse like a mofo to try and line CA and NV up at 90 second intervals or as close to as poss
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdabow View Post
    As did shadow priests and hunters, although hunters only got a reduction from 15% to 10% rather than complete removal.
    Hunters got a reduction to a Talent, though, not a change to a baseline ability.

Sotf change makes me sad. If there is anything I hate most about post-cata moonkin is the dead zone between eclipses, and now it is big again.

I figured SotF can be used to get us back into eclipse favoring... for theoretical purposes, lets say at all times it is active and can be used as we please.. a new part to the rotation could be:
    *hit solar eclipse*
    *sunfire*
    *any SS procs*
    *astral communion*
    *starfall*
    *moonfire*
    *push back to solar*

At current haste ratings, we could look at around 50% uptime on starfall if not more. It is important to note that this re-values haste such that we would not be constricted by wrath hitting the gcd allowing another breakpoint to be hit. The extra is would also be very beneficial, to the point actually that I'm thinking of calling this a speed chicken rotation.
    Obviously SotF wouldn't be up every time, with an 8% chance to proc (which I think is a nerf compared to the current talent, unless they really want to focus this talent for PvP) to get a 90% confidence of a proc you would need ~28 casts (95% confidence would be ~58 casts). Sadly it's only 8 casts from lunar->solar.

The same could be said for solar eclipse as well if you're on a AE heavy fight, can bounce back for hurricane (specifically for NG buff) faster, but starfall is our strongest DPeT spell so something to consider I guess.

Deleted
    It's not a bad idea, 8 casts would allow us to skip 49% of solar eclipses and increase the value of the 4p (even more). You would also be able to save a gcd on not having to cast the non-eclipsed dot during the opposite eclipse, and still keeping close to 100% uptime. Would need some math gods to figure out if it's worth it, but I'm definitely gonna play around with it on the PTR.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more NS+Healing Touch in bat form =*(. And the fact that we can't NS+Healing Touch every minute makes DoC MUCH less attractive.

If it stays like this I think I would go Renewal, it's nice having an Oh Shit button besides healthstone if you step in something stupid.

Deleted
    I dont think DoC is ever going to be really attractive for balance druids, especially not with the removal of NS, not really worth hardcasting a Healing Touch. Still think passive intellect from HotW is going to win out, especially with the increase in intellect on gear.

SotF looks interesting though.

I hope that 4 piece set bonus will be changed. Or we might possibly end up ignoring it. Are there plans to give us thunderforged-like items in Siege of Orgrimmar ?

Incarnation without lining it with CA is big dps loss. When we have to postpone using CA to wait for Inc set bonus becomes useless.

I think it would be bad for our spec if only one tier 4 talent was viable (thinking about Fon here) ...

Maybe someone should try to twitt GC about this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahri View Post
    I hope that 4 piece set bonus will be changed. Or we might possibly end up ignoring it. Are there plans to give us thunderforged-like items in Siege of Orgrimmar ?

Incarnation without lining it with CA is big dps loss. When we have to postpone using CA to wait for Inc set bonus becomes useless.

I think it would be bad for our spec if only one tier 4 talent was viable (thinking about Fon here) ...

Maybe someone should try to twitt GC about this issue?
    I think it will probably be FoN for singletarget and SoF for mutlitarget since we will get many SS procs and Starsurge can proc SoF. Unless one of these outpowers the other in both areas.

HotW would remain standard since Inc won't be used with 4p and DoC is stupid without NS

Deleted
    To be fair, the more I look at the 4 piece set bonus, the more I think it is crap. I mean, during Iron Qon heroic last night, I got entered 30 eclipses over the course of 9 minutes, that would mean 90 seconds shaved of CA Cooldown in total, so perhaps that you'll get to use it once more during the fight. Combine that with the fact that it desyncs your Incarnation, CA and Berserking cooldowns (Thank you blizz, bloody dicks), and it just doesn't seem that good to me. Also, sometimes you just don't want to use your CDs as soon as they come off, perhaps you want to save them until a later point in the fight, at which point the set bonus is of no value at all.

Depends on how SoFT works out and syncs with that set bonus, I might even consider going for 2 piece set bonus and then thunderforged/bloodbathed pieces as offpieces.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-06-12 at 05:44 PM.

Just a compilation of my thoughts on the Set Bonuses and changes proposed in 5.4 -- I figure a copy/paste is meaningless, so I'm just linknig the thread and commenting on it here:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9282218474

2pc - Seems grossly OP since Starfall should proc this set bonus. Starfall is single-target and direct...it should, without a doubt, proc the 2pc unless said 2pc is specifically written to ignore Starfall.
    4pc - Awful with the exception of a potential gimmick with SOTF, in which case it's strong for single-target and Multi-target (2-3 targets).

4pc Interaction with DPS Talents -- completely worthless if SOTF doesn't grant instantly grant Lunar Eclipse if you're still in Solar Eclipse. (granting 200 energy = amazing, if not, it's just as bad as the current SOTF considering the proc rate.) FON + 4pc is useless. Incarnation + 4pc is wasted since you don't use CA until Lunar+Inc is over...thus the "waiting on ideal timing" wastes the cooldown reduction of CA.

Removal of NS, it really wasn't used unless I had to Battle Rez...not that big of a deal to me. But for PVP, it looks painful.

Damage Reduction lost -- We need something better than Barkskin and pathetic self-healing.

FON - why are we buffing this even more? I'm okay with it...but why?

Mass Entanglement - Sure why not? Removing the target cap must be a PVE change for the next tier -- I guess we're going to need to control a large group of adds at some point?

DOC (Emerald Dream) - Changed! Yay! But what's this?! They completely neglected the major complaint that it's more tedious than beneficial and provides no substantial DPS increase for the slower Eclipse cycling and 4sec on casting a heal? Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    2pc - Seems grossly OP since Starfall should proc this set bonus. Starfall is single-target and direct...it should, without a doubt, proc the 2pc unless said 2pc is specifically written to ignore Starfall.
    I think we should figure out how the bonus actually works before we discuss this. To me, it sounds like it procs on spell cast, not on hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    Seems like a very weird patch. Everything seems to be build around getting from one eclipse to the next as quickly as possible, even if you take sotf against the casters mainrule: always be casting!

It would diminish my fun playing, if it is only based on getting from one to another. What happens to the idea of postponing for aoe etc, the min-maxing of eclipse switching or staying makes moonkins fun..

sad panda.. uhm i mean worgen!
    Guess Mastery is going to be a whole lot more relevant in 5.4..?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Guess Mastery is going to be a whole lot more relevant in 5.4..?
    Right now they're still nailing down the mechanics. We should put back stat discussions until they're at least in the balancing phase.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think we should figure out how the bonus actually works before we discuss this. To me, it sounds like it procs on spell cast, not on hit.
    It's all speculation, but Starfall "casts" the stars every second, which makes it a possibility. (PTR testing required, ofc.)