Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How about making it so we dont have to use 2 glyphs to make one spell useful? I'm looking at you stampeding roar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say earlier it'd be nice if we could glyph so starfall only hits targets we've dotted. Not sure I'd like it baseline though.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Well, either way, it would be good as something we can toggle, especially on those fights with 10 bazillion irrelevant crap eating up stars.

Deleted
    eu.battle(dot)net/wow/en/forum/topic/7739844481

I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on this

(i'm probably not the first one to come up with it)
    just my opinion what should happen in 5.4 although these changes are unlikely to happen

cheers
    Last edited by mmoc7629bc6d53; 2013-07-04 at 06:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broodling67 View Post
    Wowhead has datamined some new glyphs for Moonkins:

(source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=215959/5...lyphs-and-more)

I don't get why we have to glyph for a single mushroom but Resto druids are getting it baseline (and they don't even want it in it's current implementation).

Starfall glyph sounds nice for fights like Tortos or Twins where there can be extra adds (Whirling Turtles/Ice Comet) that are immune to damage but still get targeted.

Of course the Glyphs are still listed as NYI (Not yet implemented) so they may never see the light of day or get reworked before going in for testing.
    It's not like we have 3 useful balance glyphs anyways, and some people may still want to spread mushrooms due to fungal growth.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    How about making it so we dont have to use 2 glyphs to make one spell useful? I'm looking at you stampeding roar.
    Lifebloom, Stampeding Roar, and Faerie Fire have 2 glyphs associated with them. I find that to be..well, awful. "Increased Range" glyphs are just meh...(Faerie Fire) and depending on how good the actual +Range modifier is, it becomes almost mandatory for QOL reasons (Stampeding Roar). Lifebloom glyphs are fine because they are for multiple playstyles (FF and SR are not).

/subjective_reasoning

Still don't know why moonbeast isn't just baked in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lardarse View Post
    Not to be rude, but to all people talking about how bad moonkins are and ya are being abused with the nerfs to it and how other classes are better, have ya tried for example warlock? Or any other class that might suit you better? I was troubling with moonkin at one point, leveled a mage, a priest, warlock to 60s but I found moonkin so much funnier that I turned back to it. I also get sometimes a feeling that I must play some other class than druid, so I just log on to some class and play it for a while until I get pissed with it and turn back to moonkin and I am happy owl again!
    I found the value of moonkin when I was apart from it for a while. I just found it funnier to play.
    I think it goes past 'having fun'. Especially the ones here that play competitively in PVE are dissapointed. I doubt mostly because it's less fun to play, but more so how increasingly harder it gets to compete with others doing everything you do and better.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Mushroom Glyph:

The tipping point would be ~35% additional damage. If the glyph grants less than 35%, the DPET of a singular mushroom will be less than the DPET of Hurricane. Any value above 35% will mean the damage from the Mushroom will be of a higher DPET than using that time to channel Hurricane. 200% would be a little optimistic, and we'd see a relative difference between Hurricane and Mushrooms similar to Firelands. It'll be interesting if the glyph makes it through and bumps Mushrooms into being a DPS increase.

I wouldn't be surprised if the glyph increases the GCD to match. It seems to be designed as a QoL improvement, not a damage increaser.

Still don't get why they insist that one eclipse have stronger aoe than the other, since we are based around NG it just makes doing decent aoe a pain as if we want to keep NG up for it we have to jump through hoops.

So that someone who manages his eclipses properly can do a little more than someone who doesn't.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    another patch just went by and you guys just complete neglected moonkins yet. Awful 4p bonus. Mobility issues not attended.
    Have you noticed that we don't make every change we intend to make before a PTR patch goes out? (Source)
    Sometimes I wish our Public Test Realm was a Private Test Realm. (Source)
    Sounds to me like there's more yet to come.

If they made 1 shroom = to 3 right now I would be so stoked. It would be nice for those small movement gaps where you don't want to over-ride a buffed dot and on something like Lei Shen it would be really nice to add some burst to our aoe rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So that someone who manages his eclipses properly can do a little more than someone who doesn't.
    Managing eclipses with AoE in mind is impossible in a number of situations. You would very often have to STOP dps (or at least, significant DPS) in order not to trigger an eclipse (well, solar eclipse) before adds come. We saw that a lot in Cata, but back then you could trigger NG at will and mushrooms had outstanding damage. As things are, it makes no sense at all.

Regarding mushrooms: their damage will very likely be balanced around the PvP move: Cyclone > Mushroom > Boom. Blizzard is not going to look kindly upon the possibility of blowing people up after a CC. God knows how they will rework this one, cause it looks really tricky. Happy that you do not have to invest 4 GCDs into it anymore, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapsgiving View Post
    Managing eclipses with AoE in mind is impossible in a number of situations. You would very often have to STOP dps (or at least, significant DPS) in order not to trigger an eclipse (well, solar eclipse) before adds come. We saw that a lot in Cata, but back then you could trigger NG at will and mushrooms had outstanding damage. As things are, it makes no sense at all.
    It's the intent. I never claimed that it works.
    Regarding mushrooms: their damage will very likely be balanced around the PvP move: Cyclone > Mushroom > Boom. Blizzard is not going to look kindly upon the possibility of blowing people up after a CC. God knows how they will rework this one, cause it looks really tricky. Happy that you do not have to invest 4 GCDs into it anymore, though.
    The damage bonus would have to be 200% for that move to break even with the glyph. Given their current damage, you're not going to blow anybody up with shrooms in one move even if it was 500%.

Oh well least they've blue posted about moonkin which generally means they accept the community concerns, now its time for them to implement the totally wrong changes :=]

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's the intent. I never claimed that it works.

The damage bonus would have to be 200% for that move to break even with the glyph. Given their current damage, you're not going to blow anybody up with shrooms in one move even if it was 500%.
    Average crit with shrooms was 60k last night for me so with 200% increase, it's power would be 40% of starsurge, and considering detonate has 10? second cooldown, I don't think that's any OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Average crit with shrooms was 60k last night for me so with 200% increase, it's power would be 40% of starsurge, and considering detonate has 10? second cooldown, I don't think that's any OP.
    Unless a DK mass grips 10 people, and it hits them all for 180k, 1.8mil damage every 10seconds IS op. You're choosing to look at the numbers on a single target, and lets be honest if you're using mushrooms on a single target you're playing poorly.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Unless a DK mass grips 10 people, and it hits them all for 180k, 1.8mil damage every 10seconds IS op. You're choosing to look at the numbers on a single target, and lets be honest if you're using mushrooms on a single target you're playing poorly.
    So you are just ignoring resilience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    So you are just ignoring resilience?
    Are you just ignoring pvp power?

what a useless comment, I was pointing out the way to gage an AOE ability is not on a single target. Get a grip.

Do not insult people because you do not agree with them. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-07-05 at 07:59 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,