Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If they buff the damage without making it bursty and you plant now a single mushroom, I wonder if they could lower the CD on Detonate then?

Most of the theory is done based on a Mushrooms vs. Hurricane, but I wonder about situations where you have 3-4 mobs and you are just multidotting and fishing for SS procs, if you could use mushroom as a filler say every 6-secs or so? It surely would help in challenge modes and the like (with low crit rate, SS procs are kind of scarce).

Spreading DoTs would definitely be awesome, but that sort of mechanic looks hard to balance. One can always hope, though.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    One of the thing I do not like about druids is that with other class whenever you do something it generally not only damages the target but also does other things. Frostbolt slows, arcane shot puts up hunters mark, and etc. Druids moves are just so bland. Everything we do is reactive. If we want to use a slow, we have to push that, we want to heal? Gotta push the button. This is not bad in itself but when other classes don't have to that it diminishes it. They were going to give starsurge a stun but they took that away awfully fucking fast.
    This isn't really true for our AoE, though. Hurricane slows with a glyph, shrooms slow, we can do "passive healing" with Nature's Vigil while maintaining DPS. I agree we might not have the strongest offensive utility, but saying we have none isn't right. I don't really mind not having it all baked in, it gives us more freedom on when to use our utility, i.e. if we want to slow with Typhoon/Ursol's Vortex, that doesn't affect our DPS too badly, but if a mage wants to Frost Bomb, he has to consider needing the slow or needing the damage of that ability (obviously in a lot of cases they'll want both).
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    You forget that we can extend DoTs with our nukes. That's something.
    I get your point, but most dot classes also get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    This isn't really true for our AoE, though. Hurricane slows with a glyph, shrooms slow, we can do "passive healing" with Nature's Vigil while maintaining DPS. I agree we might not have the strongest offensive utility, but saying we have none isn't right. I don't really mind not having it all baked in, it gives us more freedom on when to use our utility, i.e. if we want to slow with Typhoon/Ursol's Vortex, that doesn't affect our DPS too badly, but if a mage wants to Frost Bomb, he has to consider needing the slow or needing the damage of that ability (obviously in a lot of cases they'll want both).
    Glyph hurricane...the thought....Nature's Vigil is still a reactive ability. I never said we did not have any strongest offensive utility, I said that it is all reactive. If we want to use it we have to push that button.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I get your point, but most dot classes also get this.
    I wouldn't call Unholy DKs and Demolocks "most dot classes".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I wouldn't call Unholy DKs and Demolocks "most dot classes".
    You missed hunters?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Would you call hunters a DoT class?

Deleted
    Would you call hunters a DoT class?
    On face value most wouldnt see hunters as a DoT class but I think it could be argued for a Survival hunter with the large part of their rotation consisting of Explosive shot, Explosive trap, Black arrow & Serpent sting. AoE situations Serpent Sting DoT also being their highest damaging ability.

Unless I am mistaken SV hunters have more damage DoT based abilities than what we do.

Deleted
    We are considered a dot class with just a mere 2 dots. As mentioned above, SV hunter, dk, warlock have more. And some other classes have 2 as well. So arent most specs dot classes then if you follow that logic? Because of the discussion that is going on my definition of a dot class got a bit distorted. I thought you were a dot class if the majority of your damage, and or procs (gamemechanics) came from applying dots at the right time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's stay on topic with balance 5.4 changes and thoughts, and not debating the semantics of a DoT class.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account
    Another round of revised set bonuses and still no balance love :'(
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Another round of revised set bonuses and still no balance love :'(
    Which can mean two things: They're happy with it as it is, or they're completely redesigning it from scratch. In other words, it tells us jack all of what's going on.

Which can mean two things: They're happy with it as it is, or they're completely redesigning it from scratch. In other words, it tells us jack all of what's going on.
    I think they are happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    I think they are happy with it.
    From the tweet GC made a couple of days (?) ago, I'm assuming there'll be a few more changes coming our way, towards the 4-piece or possibly our AoE.

Then again, he might not act on what he said, so we'll just have to see if anything changes within the next 2-3 builds.

Item - Druid T16 Balance 4P Bonus Every time you enter Solar or Lunar Eclipse, the cooldown of Celestial Alignment is reduced by 5 sec. Your chance to get Shooting Stars from a critical strike from Moonfire or Sunfire is increased by 20%.

So crit lose some value, at least is a new 4p

Deleted
    Atleast a way better 4p than our previous one.

Deleted
    I am happy, and yes crit will lose some value, but not as much as you would think. Since we wont obtain the next haste point, specially with wrath clips, and 2x mastery is still less than int.

I see us gemming more int into our gear once we obtain the 4piece, and tbh i am happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingblaze View Post
    I see us gemming more int into our gear once we obtain the 4piece, and tbh i am happy with that.
    Wouldn't we just go for the 15k breakpoint if this is the case? I don't see much need in gemming crit anymore with a 50% proc chance on sunfire/moonfire. Only figuring this because usually damage is SS>dots>starfire/wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmil93 View Post
    Wouldn't we just go for the 15k breakpoint if this is the case? I don't see much need in gemming crit anymore with a 50% proc chance on sunfire/moonfire. Only figuring this because usually damage is SS>dots>starfire/wrath.
    Don't know about you but I'm already on 42% crit raid buffed. With T16 stats that'll put us well above that. Id say keep haste around 10296; gem Int/crit and maybe reforge some crit past a comfortable point into mastery even. More haste won give much benefit and we'll be drowning in SS.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2013-07-15 at 06:00 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Im wondering if those 20% are on top of 30% = 50%? or 20% of 30=36%?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomy View Post
    Im wondering if those 20% are on top of 30% = 50%? or 20% of 30=36%?
    it will be 50%