Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliron View Post
    i got my top ranks (1-5) in every hc encounter (cheese or no cheese) this tier. the program just improves my dps. its not my fault i feel forced to use it. the ss mechanic sucks.
    You aint forced to use the program at all, you DECIDED to use it to get more SS procs out. If you dont like wasting probs go for haste or somthing instead so there not so spammy. Ofc we waste alot of procs and yes having it stack a few times would be lovely. I dont see it coming soon tho as you could stack it for PvP and then blow people up (what would be really nice! :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    The fact you need a program to play and rank says it all, guessing if you didn't use the program your dps would be a good 10-20% lower and Idk how bad on progress.

Oh well its your choice.
    i got top ranks in progress and out of progress without the program but with more gear and best possible gameplay its impossible to play the class at 100%. we all know the "fuck i got a proc the milisecond i queued my spell" situation. i got it too often. so i searched for improvement.

Is the program autohotkey and do you use it to press the key repeatedly if you hold it down? If so that is perfectly ok. I researched that a lot back in wrath when we were clipping spells, helped with wrath cast chaining and really wanted to make sure it was ok to use before using it. As long as you don't use it to macro stuff and just to repeat the same key press when you press a key its fine. Basically you can't have it do something without a key press and can't have it do a bunch of different things with one key press.

10-20% from it would be a waaaay overestimate.
    Last edited by dark666105; 2013-07-17 at 01:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do I see this being used in pvp a lot? I really do not think 4 pieces of pvp gear will be able to match getting more ss. Also the pvp 4 set bonus is bad anyways.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a thread to discuss 3rd party programs or to express ranking e-peen. Please keep the discussion on the topic.

Aww, slippyy! Why you always kill the fun stuff in these threads?

Ontopic: i played a little with wrathcalcs, changed the SS-proc chance to 50% (assuming its going to work like that) and managed to see that crit is going to outweight mastery up to 50% SS proc wastage.

Now the interesting question is, is it worth to cast moonfire / sunfire before using CA rather than while CA is up? Desyncin MF/SuF would provide more usable SS-procs (less overwriting), but is it worth the extra global to cast moonfire + having only 1 eclipsed dot up rather than 2
    Last edited by lappee; 2013-07-17 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post

Ontopic: i played a little with wrathcalcs, changed the SS-proc chance to 50% (assuming its going to work like that) and managed to see that crit is going to outweight mastery up to 50% SS proc wastage.

Now the interesting question is, is it worth to cast moonfire / sunfire before using CA rather than while CA is up? Desyncin MF/SuF would provide more usable SS-procs (less overwriting), but is it worth the extra global to cast moonfire + having only 1 eclipsed dot up rather than 2
    Now this thread became a little bit intresting. How high critchance are we expected to have next tier? By the time you get 4set you probably dropped that ULVS if you havent allready so you wont have 100% cirt dots to play with in initate, will this still compensate for the loss of CA buffed dots? Should one count incarnation into this aswell? Or multi target fights only where i think it would just be worth it to dot up with CA+inc on all the targets anyhow due to the absurd amount of procs anyhow.

Deleted
    Isn't the time between dot ticks so low that both ticks will happen in the same gcd anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Isn't the time between dot ticks so low that both ticks will happen in the same gcd anyway?
    You can even get it so low that one DoT does that on its own. Some wastage is always going to happen.

Deleted

And still you dont like the idea of giving shooting stars a stacking mechanic... would help a lot with the new 4set to even out proccs and reduce wastage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomzy View Post
    And still you dont like the idea of giving shooting stars a stacking mechanic... would help a lot with the new 4set to even out proccs and reduce wastage.
    Stacking mechanic isnt beneficial for the game. People need to think of the whole game instead of just one small aspect of it when talking about class changes rather than some set bonuses (tho even then you should think of every aspect)

Deleted
    Stacking mechanic isnt beneficial for the game. People need to think of the whole game instead of just one small aspect of it when talking about class changes rather than some set bonuses (tho even then you should think of every aspect)
    I understand it would make boomkins to bursty in pvp but that is something they can simply fix by making the shooting stars change not apply in pvp kinda like overpower in early mop when they were trying to work with that

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomzy View Post
    I understand it would make boomkins to bursty in pvp but that is something they can simply fix by making the shooting stars change not apply in pvp kinda like overpower in early mop when they were trying to work with that
    I have no real insight on warriors, but as far as i know Blizzard is still trying to figure out how to make Taste for Blood work properly without it being overpowered. Now if you want the same treatment for balance druids, changing core mechanics every patch is just your wishing but im rather sure that Blizzard learned their lesson about stacking burst dmg

I don't see why is SS proc waste an issue. I see it rather as a thing that players can always improve on. I don't mind if 50% of my SS procs will be wasted as long as I know i can't get it lower and that I still do competitive DPS.

Of course making the proc to stack to even two could make interesting situations of saving procs but I'd rather keep it this way. I like the new 4set bonus.

Deleted
    I have no real insight on warriors, but as far as i know Blizzard is still trying to figure out how to make Taste for Blood work properly without it being overpowered. Now if you want the same treatment for balance druids, changing core mechanics every patch is just your wishing but im rather sure that Blizzard learned their lesson about stacking burst dmg
    Honestly, I don't see why not. TFB used to stack to 5, but was redesigned so it could only stack to one in PvP (And now it's been completely remade, but that's another side of the coin). Some boomkin players feel like they're wasting too many procs, and thus redesigning it so it stacks to 2 in PvE only is a minor quality of life change, which would solve the 'issue', without changing the class itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyeia View Post
    Honestly, I don't see why not. TFB used to stack to 5, but was redesigned so it could only stack to one in PvP (And now it's been completely remade, but that's another side of the coin). Some boomkin players feel like they're wasting too many procs, and thus redesigning it so it stacks to 2 in PvE only is a minor quality of life change, which would solve the 'issue', without changing the class itself.
    It would probably mean an overall increase in dps which blizzard dont want for us at this moment. More then a "quality of life change" that is.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that we can even waste 50% of our SS procs is just bad design. What other class wastes 50% of their procs? Now I could be wrong, but I don't believe there are any. If they don't find a way to account for this, just seems like an awful design.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlekin View Post
    The fact that we can even waste 50% of our SS procs is just bad design. What other class wastes 50% of their procs? Now I could be wrong, but I don't believe there are any. If they don't find a way to account for this, just seems like an awful design.
    You can waste up to 100% of your procs if you want.. BUT I don't think anyone is saying that you will waste 50% of your procs now or in 5.4
    Mew!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    You can waste up to 100% of your procs if you want.. BUT I don't think anyone is saying that you will waste 50% of your procs now or in 5.4
    The statement was that crit will be better then mastery till we pass about 50% wastage on SS procs and got out of hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    That is exactly what people are saying. On some multi dot fights NOW it isn't unusual to have 40% SS wastage. That is obviously going to increase in 5.4.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee