Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    ye I guess...

Might as well just ht yourself everytime (in my case we have a paladin tank and well he is nearly always topped) so you could increase your own chances of survival on fights with a sustained aoe or short heavy damage phase. (ra-den second phase, rampage on megaera etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shroomzy View Post
    ye I guess...

Might as well just ht yourself everytime (in my case we have a paladin tank and well he is nearly always topped) so you could increase your own chances of survival on fights with a sustained aoe or short heavy damage phase. (ra-den second phase, rampage on megaera etc.)
    It's something you should consider once you're comfortable HT'ing prior to every eclipse. I already watch my raid frames closely as a hybrid dps, and decided to just play with DoC for and hour or 2 on the PTR so it becomes second nature to do so.

ye I guess...

You know you can queue up spells right? With clique or mouseover macros it really should not take you longer than half a second to choose who to heal and queue up the heal.

If you can't manage that (not everyone is a healer), just do a heal focus macro and focus your tank or some other vital person in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    DoC owns.

SOTF does not own.
    You basically hit the nail on the head.

DOC seemed pretty strong in testing today.

Is there any way with a macro to target the person with the lowest health and then cast healing touch kinda like smart heals do ... or is that impossible?
    I guess you could use Vuhdo raid frames. Quite sure it has a mode where it shows the most injured players first. And it has a mode to make it look like Grid, so if you're using that or standard frames or something, it wouldn't look too much different.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    DOC seemed pretty strong in testing today.
    I was doing quite well on General in LFR testing over the weekened with DoC.

The play style is not awkward, just cast it when you have NG up otherwise it takes an eternity. Gives you something to do during downtime too (Defensive stance).

I dont want to have to blow off a heal just to do more dps, thats fucking stupid.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    I dont want to have to blow off a heal just to do more dps, thats fucking stupid.
    Lucky for you, the have not removed HoTW from the game.

Then dont? No ones forcing you to play DoC

I don't get why people are getting so up in arms about this. You have a chance to do the same (or more) damage as the other talents in the tier, yet contribute a predictable, bursty heal to whomever needs it. I think the .5 seconds it takes me to identify someone with a health deficit and HT them is worth it for a fairly minor change in rotation, especially since I can accomplish that during a GCD and not incur any sort of penalty (the identification part, at least).

I for one enjoy the opportunity to embrace our hybrid nature a bit more. Between instant/hasted HT's, Ysera's Gift, and Tranquility, we'll be contributing quite a bit of free healing over the course of a fight. If you don't agree with the concept, and feel like you should be DPSing 100% of the time and not taking advantage of the utility you provide, there are several pure classes that you might want to give a try.

Deleted

Wink

DD = DAMAGE DEALER

The main problem of the DoC heal ist that it is not smart. You have first to check out and than going to heal. It's just a stupid mechanic, because you will produce a lot of overheal which will not be usefull in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by r4id View Post
    DD = DAMAGE DEALER
    If healing does make you deal more damage, why is it an issue? I find it good that you need to think a bit about your healing as it creates a higher skillcap for good players. I personally don't care which though makes me deal more damage or healing, as long as I can be competitive and useful always.

DD = DAMAGE DEALER

The main problem of the DoC heal ist that it is not smart. You have first to check out and than going to heal. It's just a stupid mechanic, because you will produce a lot of overheal which will not be usefull in any situation.
    As I said, assuming you're running raid frames/healbot/etc (which you really, really should be), placing this HT where it is useful will take little to no effort, and will minimize any overhealing. I'm constantly watching my frames to make sure I can bres instantly anyway; throwing a HT in once per eclipse cycle isn't going to change anything. Basically if it turns out that this talent is "best" and you choose to just HT yourself and generate overhealing, you're simply happy accepting mediocrity.

I've been trying to master DoC on PTR and not really getting any positive results, do we know of an existing problem? Perhaps i'm doing something wrong- Can some please educate me on how to properly apply it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollodiablo View Post
    I've been trying to master DoC on PTR and not really getting any positive results, do we know of an existing problem? Perhaps i'm doing something wrong- Can some please educate me on how to properly apply it?

Thanks.
    Cast a Healing Touch before you enter an eclipse, preferably while NG is up. Not much more to it. Regarding the opener:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    For the new DOC opener:
    Pre-pull:
    - Healing Touch (10sec)
    - AC into Solar (6sec)
    - Healing Touch (5sec)
    - Starfall + pre-pot (2sec)
    - Starsurge... (1sec)

Opener:
    - ...Starsurge (on "1" for countdown)
    - Wrath until *Trinket Procs*
    - Celestial Alignment
    - Normal CA playstyle
    - Use NS if you don't have the MetaGem+NG up for HT. (With NG: 0.67sec saved) (With Meta: 0.47sec saved) (With Meta+NG: 0.28sec saved)
    - Don't use HT if you're going to CA immediately after entering Solar Eclipse :: Have NS up for these moments.

Easy-peazy.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    I like the fact we're embracing our hybrid nature more.

The annoying part is having to add:
    - Nature's Swiftness
    - Healing Touch
    - Renewal/Ysera's Gift
    to my already bloated bars (at the moment, I only have NS+HT keybound).

It's a shame people don't like change because removing 75% of abilities and making the game about the smart use of the remaining 25% would be much better design (which Blizzard acknowledged in a blue post but they won't do it because of the crying it would cause). /grumble over

The DOC playstyle will take some getting used to, even a couple "better than me" players were forgetting about casting HT, though it's something we'll figure out. Casting HT twice per cycle is hardly complex, and the damage output is very potent for single-target and even greater in Multi-Target.

I already have a TellMeWhen aura specifically for yelling at me with I'm approaching Eclipse without DOC active. (I'll share if you ask nicely, it'll need some modification since the PTR DOC appears to be different from Live -- I'm using raw Spell_IDs, which is probably the issue as they may have changed the spell_ID). You can use this on Live to test it if you'd like. I don't use WeakAuras, so can't help if you wanted one for WA.

- - - Updated - - -

DD = DAMAGE DEALER

You honestly only need to pay attention to your Eclipse bar for 4sec each eclipse phase. I listen to BigWigs call out mechanics after I see what's coming up. I watch my frames for only an instant when I can tell we're getting low. When I don't have a Tranq assignment, I'm trying my best to save it when absolutely needed, so I watch my raid frames a bit more than normal. Honestly, it's hardly taxing on the player. You'll learn when to look if you don't already know. Then again, you actually need to try and learn DOC before that will happen.

Also, healing to deal damage means you're still dealing damage in the end.

Alright, besides the whole DoC change couple things i wanna ask:

How is our rotation looking?
    Have our stat goals changed? If so whats different?
    Are there talents that are out performing others?

I want to get onto the PTR, but the download is taking forever. So in this case i have to rely on you the forums ( Love most of you ) For assistance in the matter.

Hi guys tell me what to do next tier cause I don't PTR or read patch notezzz

Edit: infracted. Please don't troll.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-09-06 at 01:00 PM.