ye I guess...
Might as well just ht yourself everytime (in my case we have a paladin tank and well he is nearly always topped) so you could increase your own chances of survival on fights with a sustained aoe or short heavy damage phase. (ra-den second phase, rampage on megaera etc.)
If you can't manage that (not everyone is a healer), just do a heal focus macro and focus your tank or some other vital person in the raid.
"Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"
I dont want to have to blow off a heal just to do more dps, thats fucking stupid.
I for one enjoy the opportunity to embrace our hybrid nature a bit more. Between instant/hasted HT's, Ysera's Gift, and Tranquility, we'll be contributing quite a bit of free healing over the course of a fight. If you don't agree with the concept, and feel like you should be DPSing 100% of the time and not taking advantage of the utility you provide, there are several pure classes that you might want to give a try.
DD = DAMAGE DEALER
The main problem of the DoC heal ist that it is not smart. You have first to check out and than going to heal. It's just a stupid mechanic, because you will produce a lot of overheal which will not be usefull in any situation.
I've been trying to master DoC on PTR and not really getting any positive results, do we know of an existing problem? Perhaps i'm doing something wrong- Can some please educate me on how to properly apply it?
I like the fact we're embracing our hybrid nature more.
The annoying part is having to add:
- Nature's Swiftness
- Healing Touch
- Renewal/Ysera's Gift
to my already bloated bars (at the moment, I only have NS+HT keybound).
It's a shame people don't like change because removing 75% of abilities and making the game about the smart use of the remaining 25% would be much better design (which Blizzard acknowledged in a blue post but they won't do it because of the crying it would cause). /grumble over
The DOC playstyle will take some getting used to, even a couple "better than me" players were forgetting about casting HT, though it's something we'll figure out. Casting HT twice per cycle is hardly complex, and the damage output is very potent for single-target and even greater in Multi-Target.
I already have a TellMeWhen aura specifically for yelling at me with I'm approaching Eclipse without DOC active. (I'll share if you ask nicely, it'll need some modification since the PTR DOC appears to be different from Live -- I'm using raw Spell_IDs, which is probably the issue as they may have changed the spell_ID). You can use this on Live to test it if you'd like. I don't use WeakAuras, so can't help if you wanted one for WA.
- - - Updated - - -
Also, healing to deal damage means you're still dealing damage in the end.
Alright, besides the whole DoC change couple things i wanna ask:
How is our rotation looking?
Have our stat goals changed? If so whats different?
Are there talents that are out performing others?
I want to get onto the PTR, but the download is taking forever. So in this case i have to rely on you the forums ( Love most of you ) For assistance in the matter.