Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepe View Post
    Hi guys tell me what to do next tier cause I don't PTR or read patch notezzz
    Dont be a smart ass. It was a legitimate question or questions to ask, I'm not the first or the last. Kindly shove your head back up your ass and never post again.

Thanks.

Edit: infracted. Please don't flame other users.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-09-06 at 12:56 PM.

I am pretty sure it has said many times over that this should be a respectful thread. I know I do not post much, but if you read through this thread, especially the latter portion, you will find the exact answers and more to your questions. It is getting to the end of PTR before 5.4 becomes live so, as it has been asked in the pages you choose not to read, please keep this respectful and constructive for those of us here researching and for trail/error rather than a waste of time while we filter through peoples' misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    "For the new DOC opener:
    Pre-pull:
    - Healing Touch (10sec)
    - AC into Solar (6sec)
    - Healing Touch (5sec)
    - Starfall + pre-pot (2sec)
    - Starsurge... (1sec)

Opener:
    - ...Starsurge (on "1" for countdown)
    - Wrath until *Trinket Procs*
    - Celestial Alignment
    - Normal CA playstyle
    - Use NS if you don't have the MetaGem+NG up for HT. (With NG: 0.67sec saved) (With Meta: 0.47sec saved) (With Meta+NG: 0.28sec saved)
    - Don't use HT if you're going to CA immediately after entering Solar Eclipse :: Have NS up for these moments."

Had a couple questions about this. Why do we begin the fight going into solar eclipse and not lunar like it has been? Also, I thought it was best to use CA at the end of an eclipse or the zero on the bar. I don't see any Incarnation in there. Is that talent going away and if not, will we still be using it at the start of a lunar eclipse or at the start of a solar eclipse with the opener you have? I may have missed this information in all these post but I read a lot of post that has nothing to do with anything other than bickering and I just stopped reading it all.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Dont be a smart ass. It was a legitimate question or questions to ask, I'm not the first or the last. Kindly shove your head back up your ass and never post again.

Thanks.
    Was speaking for myself but thanks for jumping to conclusions. If I was referring to you I would have quoted you. But if you feel it was directed at you then that's your own issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Had a couple questions about this. Why do we begin the fight going into solar eclipse and not lunar like it has been? Also, I thought it was best to use CA at the end of an eclipse or the zero on the bar. I don't see any Incarnation in there. Is that talent going away and if not, will we still be using it at the start of a lunar eclipse or at the start of a solar eclipse with the opener you have? I may have missed this information in all these post but I read a lot of post that has nothing to do with anything other than bickering and I just stopped reading it all.
    It depends. With SotF, Inc and FoN all being viable options next tier, it is possible that we might go with SotF + DoC for AoE fights. Numbers aren't set in stone, but it's looking like SotF + DoC will be overall strong AoE, Inc + DoC for good AoE burst and FoN + HotW will be king for single-target.

We have been doing the Solar opener for quite some time now, with popping CA at the start. Not for every fight, of course, but the reasoning behind it is that if you have RPPM trinkets, the meta etc, they will all likely pop within a cast or two at the beginning of an encounter. This will no longer be the case in 5.4, as they are setting the proc rate to 90 seconds when you pull (meaning each RPPM trinket/meta/weapon enchant etc will have a chance to proc equal to not having a proc in 90 seconds).

Also, if you're going with Force of Nature now, you would start in Solar eclipse anyway.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    Also, if you're going with Force of Nature now, you would start in Solar eclipse anyway.
    why solar?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliron View Post
    why solar?
    To get to Lunar faster for more Starfalls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    To get to Lunar faster for more Starfalls.
    I think his question was more directed to why we would start in solar because of FoN, the answer is that there is no reason for that, the treants wraths does not scale with solar eclipse - the reason is what Cyous says and to fish for all trinkets procs/meta ect in initiate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post

Thanks.
    How about reading this and the T16H BiS list threads to get your answers instead of asking about things that have already been discussed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to make sure my math is right- DoC adds a flat percentage to Eclipse before any Incarnation bonus is calculated correct? So if an Eclisped Starfire hits for 100k, DoC buffed Starfire would hit for 125k and Incarnation + DoC buffed Starfire would hit for 156,250?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Just want to make sure my math is right- DoC adds a flat percentage to Eclipse before any Incarnation bonus is calculated correct? So if an Eclisped Starfire hits for 100k, DoC buffed Starfire would hit for 125k and Incarnation + DoC buffed Starfire would hit for 156,250?
    The order doesn't matter, it's all multiplicative (cumulative property).

(Base dmg)*(Eclipse from mastery bonus)*(Incarnation bonus)*(DoC bonus)

Flip those around any way you want, you'll get the same answer.
    Last edited by earthwormjim; 2013-09-05 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    eh no, it adds 25% to the eclipse bonus, not 25% bonus dmg. it's equal to flat mastery rating. If your base eclipse dmg bonus is 50% with doc it would be 75% with doc (which is only a 16,67% dmg increase)

Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post

No, it's not, because DoC is additive with Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by earthwormjim View Post

Better example would be:

Non eclipsed Starfire Hits for 100k. In eclipse, it gets a 50% bonus from your mastery without DoC, let's say. With DoC you'll get a 25% bonus to your eclipse.
    For comparison:
    Non eclipses SF: 100k
    Eclipsed SF: 150k
    DoC SF: 175k
    Incarnation DoC SF: 218.75k
    Incarnation SF: 187.5k

Soul of the Forest is way too RNG for my liking. Also, DoC needs an indicator for when eclipse is actually buffed. You can move through eclipse so quickly with both DoC and SotF that you sometimes forget to cast ht and don't know if your eclipse is actually buffed, would be nice to see it.

Anyway, with the amount of RNG on SotF I'm not sure I would ever enjoy using it. I sometimes get no procs for 5 eclipse cycles and then get 3 within a single one. RNG might be helped if dots worked toward the proc as well (only application of them not ticks... so it could work well on multi target fights and fix the issue of losing nature's grace uptime..)
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-09-05 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not, because DoC is additive with Mastery.
    Hmm you're right, the buff even shows this. My mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Soul of the Forest is way too RNG for my liking. Also, DoC needs an indicator for when eclipse is actually buffed. You can move through eclipse so quickly with both DoC and SotF that you sometimes forget to cast ht and don't know if your eclipse is actually buffed, would be nice to see it.

Anyway, with the amount of RNG on SotF I'm not sure I would ever enjoy using it. I sometimes get no procs for 5 eclipse cycles and then get 3 within a single one. RNG might be helped if dots worked toward the proc as well (only application of them not ticks... so it could work well on multi target fights and fix the issue of losing nature's grace uptime..)
    I fear this very much, i still havent tried it myself but just reading the spell and thinking about these scenarios makes me wonder what fucking moron made this up... this kind of "useless or dumb RNG" is just ridiculously frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    I fear this very much, i still havent tried it myself but just reading the spell and thinking about these scenarios makes me wonder what fucking moron made this up... this kind of "useless or dumb RNG" is just ridiculously frustrating.
    If weak auras can display eclipse bonus %, that would be an easy way to tell whether or not your eclipse is buffed.

...make an Aura that reminds you to cast Healing Touch with an audio and/or visual queue when you reach Direction+Ecplise(-60|60) and be on your way. Add a condition for "if DOC buff is active then \Dont play anything\ " . My DOC is tracked with 2 auras. It's really, really easy to know if I didn't cast Healing Touch yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    ...make an Aura that reminds you to cast Healing Touch with an audio and/or visual queue when you reach Direction+Ecplise(-60|60) and be on your way. Add a condition for "if DOC buff is active then \Dont play anything\ " . My DOC is tracked with 2 auras. It's really, really easy to know if I didn't cast Healing Touch yet.
    Surely it would be more efficient to play the audio when meta + ng are active if the doc buff isnt active.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee