Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So I'm very confused, for single target fights, what are we using for talents/cds/openers? -_- I do apologize for my ignorance, but guides are not being all that clear, and I'm roughly halfway through SoO with my guild.

From the looks of it, talents are close enough that you can use whatever you feel most comfortable with. Poor play is going to have a much bigger impact than your talent choice.

As stated by slippy a few pages back, math is showing fon/hotw slightly ahead for single target and inc/doc for mulitarget. Everything seems very close though so you will probably do best with whatever makes you comfortable. Some people also having success on multitarget with sotf/doc but that's a gamble with the low proc rate. Also have to consider if your raid will need a hotw buffed tranq.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    From the looks of it, talents are close enough that you can use whatever you feel most comfortable with. Poor play is going to have a much bigger impact than your talent choice.
    I'd mostly agree with this -- on paper you can see differences, but I'd mostly attribute any difference you see in-game to player skill and RNG. If skill can account for up to 20% DPS, and RNG 5-10%, then the 1-2% talent choice differences we see in WrathCalcs really aren't going to manifest much in-game. Then again, I still want to do some SimCrafting to see if it agrees with some WrathCalcs results.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played INC/DOC on every boss I was in for last night. Very happy with the results. With exceptions due to extreme whoring and mechanic cheese in TOT boomkins were middle of the pack on most fights, and if executing the fight properly, almost bottom on some others. Last night I was top 4 every fight. Seems we're in a great place, and I can't wait to get hold of a 2p.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

You can't go all dps horny and OMG DOC is 10 % better than HoTw, HoTw tranq+ rejuv is a raidsafer, and during progress you want this mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I played INC/DOC on every boss I was in for last night. Very happy with the results. With exceptions due to extreme whoring and mechanic cheese in TOT boomkins were middle of the pack on most fights, and if executing the fight properly, almost bottom on some others. Last night I was top 4 every fight. Seems we're in a great place, and I can't wait to get hold of a 2p.
    I used Inc/DoC for the fights we've done just as practice -- after experiencing the fights, I think a couple of them would benefit from FoN/HotW instead (Thok, Juggernaut at least) due to relatively low amount of adds. Regardless, I did pretty well too, but half our raid were alts.

Also got 2-piece today!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I used Inc/DoC for the fights we've done just as practice -- after experiencing the fights, I think a couple of them would benefit from FoN/HotW instead (Thok, Juggernaut at least) due to relatively low amount of adds. Regardless, I did pretty well too, but half our raid were alts.

Also got 2-piece today!
    I hate you -.- but after my trinket I shouldn't grumble. I don't disagree with you, but I really dislike FoN tbh. They've come on in leaps and bounds from previous tiers, but they just feel so meh -.- I think if they gave aggro drop like MI I'd take them in a heartbeat but until then they're benched unless they're massively better than inc.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Never seen a worse fight for balance in my life than garrosh. Especially p1 and transition. Probably shouldn't have specced DoC, but the 1mil burst was so juicy

I tried DoC + SotF but SotF just wasn't proccing enough to make it worthwhile so I'd stay away from that. Stuck with FoN + HotW for single target fights but used DoC + Inc with Mastery > Crit reforged for Galakras and I was competitive against the other Boomkin (who is about 15 ilvl ahead) on some pulls but due to it being somewhat new I messed it up quite a lot so I will need more time to get used to it and as others said before me, RNG and comfort level with the talents is going to be a bigger difference in the end.

DoC + Inc is probably one of the better talent choices in a while, sure sometimes it does suck a bit but the dps output is so competitive its unreal, funny thing is the cd stacking isn't that great(compared to hunter/enh etc.) but the sustained dps seems to be one of the highest, I easily won on jugger and malkorok which are 2 one target fights then was easily the highest on the aoe fights only really got beaten on protectors by a lock but no by much, quite happy so far with the talent and with more practice on casting HT the damage will be even better.

DoC buff was quite a nice way also to buff aoe damage with out just given hurricane +15% damage or something and buffing other spells to compensate for the reduced proc chance(which I can't even really feel anyway, just seem to be spamming starsurge most fights. :E)

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    I just did my first run through SoO, honestly DoC is great, is super easy to use, and im liking where balance single target is at. Also, 3mil dps on pull on Nazgrim was very fun.
    :3 Nazgrim is my favorite boss burst wise :3 Another thing is I am still stuck with ulvs from tot normal TF one, should I go for the valor int haste proc trinket or stick with ulvs until I get a SoO trinket?
    Last edited by Abdir; 2013-09-13 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdir View Post
    How did you mange to pull that sort of burst at start, mine was 1,4M for roughly 14secs
    I got 3mil aswell, just use all cds and scumbag the adds with hurricane + mushrooms. Useless to do on heroic but fun on normal.

Is it best to HT after entering an eclipse if you don't plan on sitting?

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    Is it best to HT after entering an eclipse if you don't plan on sitting?
    when ever you have ng + meta up is good, or you can just use ns + ht when you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    or you can just use ns + ht when you don't
    Provided you don't need it for it's actual purpose.

Deleted
    DoC is surprisingly really fun

We got screw in Cata now more screw in Pad.

If i decide to use DoC instead of HotW what should be my opener on pull? Should i start one cast from lunar eclipse with preopots and then cast Healing Touch for duration? and then again, one more healing touch when I enter solar?

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If i decide to use DoC instead of HotW what should be my opener on pull? Should i start one cast from lunar eclipse with preopots and then cast Healing Touch for duration? and then again, one more healing touch when I enter solar?
    I don't know about everyone else, but I use solar opener with DoC.
    Out of combat, AC to Solar.
    Cast HT making sure you have DoC buff.
    ~2 sec before pull, pre-pot & starfall.
    Boss engaged
    Inc/CA
    Moonfire
    Starfire spam until 1st starfall fades
    Starfall
    Continue starfire spam
    CA fades
    Wrath -> 1 cast from lunar -> NS+HT for DoC
    Wrath -> Lunar
    Starfall again (3rd)
    Normal rotation, continue to cast 1 HT before your next eclipse.

Dream of Cenarius buff lasts ~29 sec after the HT cast, so just keep practicing the rotation and you'll shortly find out the best time for you to cast HT. It all depends on player skill and how "in sync" they are with the rotation.

I find myself casting HT when I have meta up. But always always make sure every eclipse is DoC-empowered.
    Last edited by Batix; 2013-09-13 at 02:43 PM.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.