Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    That's not a valid excuse to have poor designs.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 10:59 AM ----------

Similar to T15 being a good tier, minus the huge ass shoulders. (To be fair though, the only good coloring was LFR)
    Most of the time I feel we can discuss topics fairly openly with a goal in mind. However, this is a purely subjective topic. I don't think anything art-related can really be "poor design." Unless it's 100% ridiculous, which is still subjective. It's designed well in that it all fits together and looks nice. Color scheme seems to go well together. The look is just going to be hit and miss depending on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Most of the time I feel we can discuss topics fairly openly with a goal in mind. However, this is a purely subjective topic. I don't think anything art-related can really be "poor design." Unless it's 100% ridiculous, which is still subjective. It's designed well in that it all fits together and looks nice. Color scheme seems to go well together. The look is just going to be hit and miss depending on the person.
    The goggles. There's just no point to them.

We're not remotely close to an engineer class (in fact, the only class that is would be Hunter, in a sense), we've never needed goggles before, so why bother putting them on us?

If they weren't there, a lot of us would have a different opinion.

PS: I actually like goggles. Engineer, Technical, Steampunk, etc., I like all those looks. On a Mage, no, just no. It doesn't fit the class at all.

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments

We're not remotely close to an engineer class (in fact, the only class that is would be Hunter, in a sense), we've never needed goggles before, so why bother putting them on us?

PS: I actually like goggles. Engineer, Technical, Steampunk, etc., I like all those looks. On a Mage, no, just no. It doesn't fit the class at all.
    I always thought the goggles could be interpreted in different ways for different classes/characters. For Goblins/Gnomes/the Engineering orientated RP characters you have the bogstandard steampunk goggles, or alternatively if you view Mages as the "learn magic from spellbooks" style class, reading glasses (queue joke from Sabrina about the Encyclopedia that's so small it needs a magnifying glass to read), if you count Arcane as becoming the "time" manipulating tree then protection from stray timelines, and otherwise just a general style to wear goggles. Don't need to be a habberdasher to wear hats (I get what you mean though, but at least there's only two tiers with goggles, and probably trying to have sets for both the "classical" mage and the "unorthadox mage" trope like Goblins.)

T13 called. They want their goggles back.

normal and heroic actually look pretty nice for once...its got that mage tinkerer feeling again though that might not appeal to everyone

lfr looks like mustard and glowy fungus though...
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts

We fight with fire and blazing light, of course we need goggles (except Frost Mages)

really im not a fan of this I cant seem to find any mage T-mog that I like, that looks good on a gnome. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    T13 called. They want their goggles back.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=76213#screenshots:id=293342

I actually liked them BECAUSE we weren't wearing them.

Now that we ARE wearing goggles, it looks terrible.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    We fight with fire and blazing light, of course we need goggles (except Frost Mages)
    FrostFIRE bolt. Your argument is invalid.

Jokes aside, scrap the goggles and we have a decent set at best.

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

Quote Originally Posted by Themageflamil View Post
    really im not a fan of this I cant seem to find any mage T-mog that I like, that looks good on a gnome. =(
    I had a bit of a chuckle on this one, as I was a Nelf for the first ten months or so of my playing (changed to Worgen for ToT, for the racials), and I ALWAYS thought that the gear was horrendous, EXCEPT for Gnomes, as even the Time Lord get up managed to look pretty cool.

Otherwise, most of the gear out there makes every Mage look like a boy in a really ugly prom dress, especially the male toons.

"Never underestimate the depth of stupidity." Robert Heinlein

It really is T13, only uglier and less mysterious.

I'm sticking to my T4 mog or i'll actually use T15, which I really like. The shoulders are a bit obnoxious, but the helm is insanely awesome.

The T16 goggles make us a look like a bunch of nutters. The set in its entirety just doesn't feel very Mage-like.
    Last edited by Myz; 2013-06-18 at 07:43 AM.

Personally I think the challange mode set with "lifestaff of the Exodar" is the coolest and most mage fitting set they have made so far. I think in general the Challange mode sets are perfectly done and fit the class extremely well.

I just don't know why they are not able to fit this into normal raid gear.

Lets be honost.... It's so easy to develope a reasonable set for mages.

Just use the signature spells and work aropund them...

T16 (Frost) Make a set absed around ice, water elemental etc. t17 (Arcane) make something with arcane elements, slpinters like arkane missiles hanging around, mana wyrm feature etc. t18 (Fire) Make it based around dragons breath, a dragon in genereal, molten elementalks etc.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...84:90085:30732 love it

I mean CM set is brilliant... combine all 3 aspects of a game (arcane, fire, frost) into a set just by using crystals and colours... simple yet absolutely effective
    Last edited by Mûe; 2013-06-18 at 09:11 AM.

I was about to start yelling my list of awesome Mage Tiers at you in anger, but then I read the last part and noticed you were a Gnome, to which I have no answer.

Don't really like T16 though. It just doesn't feel like it belongs with the raid? I don't know how to phrase it, it just looks odd to me.

All I can really say is, thank God for Transmog >.>

Screams T13, feels unoriginal and ultimately just looks plain ugly.

I always liked how t14 hc looked on a gnome

I've partially changed my mind. The goggles kind of now look acceptable even though I'd like them to not be there, but the whole set started looking amazing to me when I got a better look through the video on the mmo front page.

I guess the only thing I want to know is what set is for what mode, I kinda dislike how T15 LFR feels more uhh, prestigious? gold timming and whatnot with a flashy colour than normal mode. Purple one will obviously be a monster or the heroic mode P:

Dont like it. Wil stick with my pointy T6.
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

I feel like its far too close to the Tier 13. I really liked the Heroic Tier 13 but this too similar too soon. Just more proof that Blizz doesn't spend enough time in the Mage class as an overall.
    To me they proved they can have a clue when they made our challenge mode set. More effort please Blizz. I'll stick with my challenge set for now ty.

Two straight final tiers hinting at some sort of time-related theme, more and more time related spells. In lore, aren't there mortal Timewalkers who aid the bronze dragonflight in policing the timelines?

I say these are hints towards our fourth spec, Timewalker, which is a healer spec which uses time to mend all wounds.

Hey it looks terrible, just like almost every single mage set they've ever made bar a few exceptions. Who'd have guessed?