Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mage tier 16 design discussion

How do you guys think it looks?
    I'm personally indifferent. Only the heroic is something I'd wear.
    The goggles scream T13 to me -_-
    Last edited by Ilyiana; 2013-06-12 at 05:03 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liyiana/simple
    Professional glass cannon since 2004. I live and die a mage.

looks like a modified t13 =/

Feels like we're going back to T13. Not that I'm complaining.

Looks like a pally. I am sad

Looks like mixed themes like they didn't even know themselves what they wanted to do with it. Not very impressive but the color pallet is okay, though maybe my tastes are bad I still transmog everything to look like mage tier 11.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

Why is mage armor giving off fel energy? Assuming that is what the green mist/glow is.....
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

It looks like they think all mages are engineers. I'll be sticking with my LFR T15 transmog.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

It's T3 Warlock goggles mixed with Mage T13 color scheme. Looks like shit.

If they removed the goggles, it'd be pretty decent.

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

The color pallet is exactly like the T13, and seriously, googles, again ? I'll stick with the challenger set.
    Toriankel from <New Hope>, Ysondre, EU. 3rd realm, 662 world. First mage 100 (Ysondre) in 11.5 hours. Currently 659 ilvl, progressing on M Brackenspore (2/7 M).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...riankel/simple

Not a huge fan of the look. Probably going to just stick with my current transmog.

Taking a closer look at it I feel like it is okay. I like parts of it. Goggles look goofy( I personally don't like any goggles in the game) but the hood is alright. To me they could have done a lot better with the theme. Hell, if it was Sha theme I would have been on board with it. I think mages have been getting just meh tiers lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnink View Post
    Taking a closer look at it I feel like it is okay. I like parts of it. Goggles look goofy( I personally don't like any goggles in the game) but the hood is alright. To me they could have done a lot better with the theme. Hell, if it was Sha theme I would have been on board with it. I think mages have been getting just meh tiers lately.
    Liked T15 LFR, but the shoulders are too clunky. Besides that, T14, rest of T15, and T16 were garbage.

Now I know how it feels to be a Paladin.

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Now I know how it feels to be a Paladin.
    haha man do I agree with you. T15 was okay I liked the color scheme of the LFR which is weird because its the easiest to get. The T15 helm looks cool on most classes, but I decided to play a Worgen. I just hope that they make tiers with fire,ice, and arcane(purple glowy stuff) integrated into the pieces.

Remember when tier armor used to reflect mages being master of the arcane? or frost? We can do that right?

For some reason, the Blizzard art team can only do fire, and whatever the theme of the expansion/tier is.

Definitely one of the more poorly designed sets.

It's ok I guess, except the head. That is one ugly looking headpiece.

I know after 8 years it's hard to get original, but man gear is so crazy and flashy and overdone it's all just looked so stupid the past 5 tiers. The next tier should just be simple. Like a vanilla style armor set, but with modern texturing and much higher polygon counts
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    looks like a modified t13 =/
    These, i mean, if you look at the normal difficulty set, you can see that it have the same colors than the T13 and if you look at the belt part it even have almost the same concept..., i love almost all the T16 and the PVP sets they have shown, but the only one i don't like is the mage set >.<

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I know after 8 years it's hard to get original, but man gear is so crazy and flashy and overdone it's all just looked so stupid the past 5 tiers. The next tier should just be simple. Like a vanilla style armor set, but with modern texturing and much higher polygon counts
    Not really, cause if you look at most Warlock sets you can see that many of those sets are quite original and they also look good, IMO the Mage tiers designer should spend a day or 2 with the Warlock set designers

I'm not even a mage and thought T13 instantly when I saw that.

I generally don't hate tier sets as much as other people seem to, but seriously? Why the hell would you put goggles on that?

It looks pretty damn cool otherwise. If the headpiece was like an entire hood. Bad-fucking-ass. But goggles? Seriously?

Dafuq is this lol? Finally something to transmog And I actually loved T13 when it was active.

But it's just the googles for me that are the problem. Remove goggles = epic set.