Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Hey it looks terrible, just like almost every single mage set they've ever made bar a few exceptions. Who'd have guessed?
    Yeah, and then every mage flocks to those sets and gets panned for not being original. There are so many people who seem to prefer looking "original" over looking good.

Guess it's good that I only need 2 more pieces for my t3 set. So I never have to worry about what another set looks like ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Hey it looks terrible, just like almost every single mage set they've ever made bar a few exceptions. Who'd have guessed?
    Then again I kinda T11 with sinestra head, T13 and T15.

I'll probably stick with my transmog as well.

Dont care about tier looks, give back caster swords, my hailstorm is waiting

Quote Originally Posted by IsrafaelMage View Post
    Dont care about tier looks, give back caster swords, my hailstorm is waiting
    Indeed it is.

If history has taught us anything, it's that Mage tier WILL almost always look ridiculously bad. The only good one was T5-SSC/TK, and possibly T12-Firelands (not counting the silly helm). The rest are laughably retarded,

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I know after 8 years it's hard to get original, but man gear is so crazy and flashy and overdone it's all just looked so stupid the past 5 tiers. The next tier should just be simple. Like a vanilla style armor set, but with modern texturing and much higher polygon counts
    This is one of the reasons T5 was very good. It was simple, yet elegant.

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    If history has taught us anything, it's that Mage tier WILL almost always look ridiculously bad. The only good one was T5-SSC/TK, and possibly T12-Firelands (not counting the silly helm). The rest are laughably retarded,

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:00 AM ----------

I don't know. I like t3,5,6,10,11, and 13. 12 wasn't bad aside from the helm. 15 is ok apart from the giant shoulders.

The Patient
    yet another hide a helm. Why can't we just go back to a nicely colored hood again or even a back crown thing like t1 or t2?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post

That all depends on personal taste.

For me, from expansion to expansion:
    Vanilla: I thought T1 was decent (minus the helm). T2 was a bit too flashy/bright colored. Indifferent about T3. (don't really like the helm, though)
    TBC: Liked both T4 and T5 (although the T4 helm looked ''meh'') and T6 looked decent aswell. (but not something I'd use for transmog)
    WotLK: T7 looked similar to T3, so the same opinion applies here aswell. (although T7.5 looked slightly better) I liked the attempt at no robe with T8.
    T9 looked shit (but that one looked the same for all cloth classes, depending on faction) and I liked the look of T10. (at least the heroic one)
    Cata: T11 heroic looked great. T12 looked alright, but didn't like the color scheme of the heroic version. I also liked the looks of T13 LFR and heroic.
    MoP: Didn't really like the design of T14. I like the T15 normal and heroic version (helm looks good on specific races)

As for T16, I think it looks great, even though the helm doesn't really look that great on a troll male. (at least the normal and heroic version, don't really like the color scheme of the LFR one)

Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    yet another hide a helm. Why can't we just go back to a nicely colored hood again or even a back crown thing like t1 or t2?
    I don't think those ''back crown'' things look great. (also, T2 didn't have a back crown thing)

WoW: Zebrin | TERA: Rintha | GW2: Nezira Cinderclaw

Tier 8 isn't popular but it looks fantastic on male draenei.

Well... Not too bad I guess, however I'm still sticking to my transmog. No doubt.

Set is da poop.

I personally find T13 Quite sexy, this on the other hand, no thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I hear in order to get the browser attunement, you first had to run heroic Internet.

Look at the Shaman Tier 16.

Now look at the Mage.

Now back to the Shaman.

Now back to the Mage.

Which looks more Mage-esque?

I cannot stand it. I'll probably stick with my current transmog. I do not care for the mechanical feel of it. Not very magey.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic
    Diablo: RoS
    ESO

better than the lock t 16 lol....

Good and I thought it was only me that disliked that set. The mage sets have seen a great decline IMO. T11 and T12 were pretty good, especially their heroic versions. T13 was pretty bad. The LFR version looked better than the heroic in colouring but I guess that's preference.

The Challenge Mode gear looks amazing but running 2/3 of an expansion in the same gear can get boring. But I'm surely not changing out of it for T14 or T15 and it seems I won't for T16 either.

Blizzard seems to be following a pattern making the last pvp set of the expansion super awesomesauce and shafting the PVE sets... at least IMO.

From a lore perspective, the majority of Mages should be intelligent. Scientists if you will, they research the arcane and delve into the mysterious of magic. If you think about it, Engineering would be a rather nice match for such a career.

Hence the goggles.

I like it. T13 is one of my favorite sets of all time.

Blademaster
    Just doesn't make any sense to me. It CAN'T be the same guy who designed the gear pre-MoP. The majority of pre-MoP gear is amazing and one of the reasons I love warcraft.