Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    Called it! I had nearly exactly this idea in a thread last April.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mentor-servers
    Didn't see that post, but it would appear that great minds think alike.
    Felguard/Wrathguard Weapon Pageant

"Tell them only that Kael'thas is dead...and that Illidan Stormrage...died with him...for this setback, we were NOT prepared..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    With this new technology introduced in 2012, Blizzard can now dynamically change or regroup servers without the players noticing anything.

This regrouping of servers/players is even done in real time. Fabulous technical achievement.
    Not really IMO since there is limit to it-namely if you have ppl from diff servers in 1 guild or since AH is going to be same for all servers in that cluster they cant just dynamically regroup servers as they like.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of stuff in 5.4. Just seeing all the class changes, proffesion changes, knowing a new raid is coming then reading about this and the raid scaling feature.
    Just hope they aren't biting off more than they can chew.
    My biggest worry as well. But so far everything looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    They were implemented way back when for cross-server bg queues. Back then there was a physical limitation in that cross-server bg groupings happened only within the data cluster where your server was housed.

Until they added LFD in Wrath, I don't believe battlegroups were ever used for anything else. Nowadays I don't think they have the same physical limitations on LFD/LFR/BGs so battlegroups are just an old holdover from the past.
    BGs/LFGs/LFRs have a priority system: server, battlegroup, region. My understanding, at least. But the first priority above all those is speed. It's not gonna make you wait an hour to get a scenario with folks from your server, but it will check there first.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    With this new technology introduced in 2012, Blizzard can now dynamically change or regroup servers without the players noticing anything.
    That'd be an incredibly asshole thing to do.

"yeah there's this other guild in my server cluster and we are completely neck and neck on progression"
    "wait what where'd they go oh no my server's been deported to The Terribles"
    "DAMN YOU BLIZZARD DAMN YOUUUUU"
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

5.4 will bring me back to wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

This sounds like an amazing feature and im quite hyped. Of course we will have to wait to see what it actually turns out to be, but so far it sound very interesting.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.