Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    I only use 2p for Malk(solo soak), Thok, Paragons.
    What would be the benefit to use stats vs a 30% heal on your active mitigation ?
    In no way, shape or form can that ever be optimal ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    When it comes to raiding normal however I would straight out ignore the 2set as I dont consider it being THAT useful in low vengeance levels.
    I know i've been gone for a few months, but dafuq did i just read ?
    Ignore it for what, exactly ?

Is it only me who thinks a straight 30% increase to our AM is insanely strong ? Or something changed, wth ?
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-05-20 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    What would be the benefit to use stats vs a 30% heal on your active mitigation ?

- - - Updated - - -

I know i've been gone for a few months, but dafuq did i just read ?
    Ignore it for what, exactly ?

Is it only me who thinks a straight 30% increase to our AM is insanely strong ? Or something changed, wth ?
    I agree....head and leg tier have nice stats on them so getting an off set instead of them(cant even think of a off set legging tbh) means u change ur good 566items with almost same gear but 572(before upgrades on both).now the real question is :does it worth to reduce the power of ur active mitigation for almost 9% in exchange for 0.75 overall item lvl??...( I dont think so)!

Deleted
    I didnt imply that the 2set was bad so I guess I just phrased it very badly so I'll try again.

Our 2set is amazing, it really is. I love it beyond description and I'd hope it would become a passive spell in future tiers because it gives us warriors so much more flexibility in our AM as we can now "heal" ourselves outside of VR procs and T2 talents. But even though it's just that good, like I said it's nowhere close as valuable in normal as it is in heroic because of weak hitting bosses. You could argue that bosses like nazgrim, malkorok, thok, paragons and garrosh hit hard even in 10m normal, and yes they do. But your 2set is still not as strong as in heroic. Same as I said about shield barrier, we scale stupidly with vengeance.

With this said, 2set is awesome but I dont feel it's mandatory in normal environments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    I didnt imply that the 2set was bad so I guess I just phrased it very badly so I'll try again.

Our 2set is amazing, it really is. I love it beyond description and I'd hope it would become a passive spell in future tiers because it gives us warriors so much more flexibility in our AM as we can now "heal" ourselves outside of VR procs and T2 talents. But even though it's just that good, like I said it's nowhere close as valuable in normal as it is in heroic because of weak hitting bosses. You could argue that bosses like nazgrim, malkorok, thok, paragons and garrosh hit hard even in 10m normal, and yes they do. But your 2set is still not as strong as in heroic. Same as I said about shield barrier, we scale stupidly with vengeance.

With this said, 2set is awesome but I dont feel it's mandatory in normal environments.
    Shield block is not affected by vengeance, you'll always get 30/60% DR from it.
    Majority of your damage taken will be melee damage.

There's no drawback, you gain 30% increase to your AM, weak hitting or otherwise dont matter..
    Our 2set is the closest we've come to mandatory in a looong time if you ask me.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-05-21 at 01:10 PM.

In 10man I would argue that the 2set is mandatory due to the high amount of healing it dose, and how much it can help your healers if you're underhealing something.
    In 25man the 2set loses most of its benefits, due to the fact that you will either be topped or dead. Your healers are gonna keep you as close to max HP at all times, meaning the healing from Barrier is close to useless. The healing from your blocks can be useful, as in practise it just adds another 30% to the amount you blocked, but in most cases you'll still get healed to full, no matter if you healed yourself or not.

The 2piece is really strong, it's one of the strongest tier bonuses we've ever had, but it dose have its weaknesses, and it has a few places where you can't fully benefit from it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    I haven't played 25man this expo, but it makes sense.
    Still, i think i'd opt for 2p in 25man aswell, rather have the extra heal buffer, even if it overheals 90% of the time. VS adding 0.x% amount more avoidance when i sit over 50% already.

Maybe i'd trade it for WF crit pieces for teh extra damage but I haven't loved a set this much since 4p DS, really loved raidwide shieldwall xD

Honestly, this or VR procs should be baseline, they could even nerf it to 10% or 20%, will feel strange not having it
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-05-21 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    In the form of I never come close to dying in the other fights unless it's a 1 shot fuck up on my part like Siegecrafter. The 2p is great but not needed for farm when you outgear everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dascha View Post
    I agree....head and leg tier have nice stats on them so getting an off set instead of them(cant even think of a off set legging tbh) means u change ur good 566items with almost same gear but 572(before upgrades on both).now the real question is :does it worth to reduce the power of ur active mitigation for almost 9% in exchange for 0.75 overall item lvl??...( I dont think so)!
    It's more of stats that benefit my DPS more. I use the HWF Dodge/Parry helm in place of the Parry/Mastery tier helm. I keep the tier legs because of the large amount of hit on them that I need vs the wasted stat of mastery for DPS on Malks legs.
    Last edited by Khorm; 2014-05-22 at 01:19 AM.

Deleted
    Can someone put my mind at rest

What is the best flask to use (for dps) when you have for example - 900k HP

Is it the stam flask (does that help vengence) or the str flask?

For pure DPS output the best thing you can use is Mad Hozen Elixir + Elixir of Mirrors. If you compare the two different Flasks, the strength version will yield higher results.
    My Stream

AP from STR Flask as well as the raised vengeance cap from STA flask are negligible, so if you know you will survive go for:

Dodge Elixir / Crit Elixir / Crit Food (the 200 one, nothing better available )
    Last edited by Tseng; 2014-05-26 at 12:31 AM.

You can use 300expertise food, and then 'forge your gear for some more beneficial stats.
    My Stream

I use to switch to STA flask for Klaxxi (helps if I fuck up and get stunned), dont't want to reforge for one encounter a week -> gnomish pragmatism says no to EXP food :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    AP from STR Flask as well as the raised vengeance cap from STA flask are negligible, so if you know you will survive go for:

Dodge Elixir / Crit Elixir / Crit Food (the 200 one, nothing better available )
    There is no Vengeance cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    There is no Vengeance cap.
    It caps at 100% max hp. Either that, or I've just never been able to get higher than that solo tanking blood rage on 25h.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    It caps at 100% max hp. Either that, or I've just never been able to get higher than that solo tanking blood rage on 25h.
    I got it higher on Klaxxi in November before the nerf to Locust's damage.

Somewhere in this thread it was discussed at length. Those caps never made it to live. If they were supposed to then they are bugged.

The 50% cap never went in with 5.4, but it did still cap at 100% hp because of the level 80 paladin soloing bosses issue back from the beginning of the xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    The 50% cap never went in with 5.4, but it did still cap at 100% hp because of the level 80 paladin soloing bosses issue back from the beginning of the xpac.
    I'm 100% sure it doesnt cap at your health. There were attempts that I had up to 1.3 mil+ vengeance on Klaxxi back when my health wasnt over 1 mil. If it actually effected my AP is another question.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, I would never said to myself "Damn, I wish I had 20k more health so I could get more vengeance" lol.

How many bosses hit hard enough right now to even get over 500k vengeance in 25 man without scumbagging (Not a negative term. I mean taking any more damage then is required to kill the boss Eg not resetting stacks or standing in the Garrosh cleave)? Klaxxi. That's it from my experience.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2014-05-27 at 12:24 AM.

Highest I've reached is 1.4mil vengeance while tanking Garrosh and stacks not resetting during the whirl, second highest is around 900k vengeance while solotanking Siegecrafter.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Highest I've reached is 1.4mil vengeance while tanking Garrosh and stacks not resetting during the whirl, second highest is around 900k vengeance while solotanking Siegecrafter.
    Hax. Mine doesnt get even close when I do that QQ.

I "may" have taunted in 3 adds that was kited as well...
    My Stream