Quote Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
    Is there a mastery cap should I be putting stats into avoidance after a certain point I am at 90% mastery buffed. I thought I read somewhere at 85 % is where should stop.
    Unless you hit over 100% mastery buffed there's basically no need to worry... unless you're running a mastery procc trinket from the last tier. Your goal is ~ 19.500 mastery if you really want to go down that road.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    @aHeeRo The current "BiS" for Protection warriors using the Avoidance setup is Tier head+legs, and then fill your offpieces with loot accordingly.
    Mind sharing that profile? I juggled with the setup at the beginning of the tier myself and came up with hands or shoulder beating helmet despite their miserable stat allocation due to item budget on those slots. And that was before +16 ilvl which should further help the offset helmet, shouldn't it? Was about +500 avoidance in exchange for a similar amount of mastery, some more favorable socket colors (ie red instead of blue) and a minuscle amount of strength/stam/armor gain.

--

Considering Garrosh:

22:45:13.959 Garrosh Hellscream Melee *** 657050
    22:45:38.081 Garrosh Hellscream Melee *** 662583
    22:45:53.346 Garrosh Hellscream Melee *** 649657

That's on a paladin (10% less base mitigation) but it's still on 10m, so twoshotting is not out of question with an unlucky EF not ticking between two swings (and their super low avoidance). But it's rather hard to get a full grasp why his swing range is that big with regular swings being considerable lower (450k as pointed out before). He can get 3k mastery or 10% ap from "wrong", passive aura mindcontrols (shaman, hunter) but those numbers are simply to big to explain those spikes. Warcry has no effect on him.

We're always running with a disc priest and with his whole damage outside of whirls on the solo tank he get permanent absorbs shield from smart heals, shell and pw:s which might explain some spikes during downtimes, but both wol & wcl are capable of filtering for absorb values.
    Last edited by klausistklaus; 2014-06-03 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    If we're discussing truly unmitigated damage (no AM, no CDs), it's higher than those figures too:

23:31:17.356 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 681418 (A: 2902)
    23:34:02.251 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 600543 (A: 11885)
    23:35:42.528 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 696878
    23:33:58.242 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Bushs 724300
    You also have to take out Passive DR, Weakened Blows, and Armor from that damage. So if we figure he hits Gliff for 700k before any AM, with 81299 armor (taken from armory), then he ends up melee swinging for almost 2.5m before anything.

81,299 armor is 58.20% physical reduction against a +3 mob, Prot warriors have a 25% passive DR, and weakened blows is 10% reduction as well. 2,480,950*.75*.9*.418=700,000

Nice thread. Very helpful to get a quick view on the state of the spec without too much hassle.

Prot is my 2nd spec. Should I no longer worry about balancing dodge and parry rating? I recall there were diminishing returns on these avoidance ratings, but I noticed Gliff is gemmed full pary with no fucks given. Thanks in advance.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

The Lightbringer Shadow the Edgehog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Prot is my 2nd spec. Should I no longer worry about balancing dodge and parry rating? I recall there were diminishing returns on these avoidance ratings, but I noticed Gliff is gemmed full pary with no fucks given. Thanks in advance.
    Nah, just go full parry. Works better.
    This is WHO I AM.
    My Anime List -- Fate/Creed (Updated 3/31)
    Follow me on Twitter @ShaofPride!

"But the real thing about Draenor is that it's a very kind of savage place, it's kind of like Australia where 11/10 things will kill you, giants and poisonous plants and everything. I think it's going to be really cool." Ray Cobo
    WoW: Prot/Fury Warrior
    Diablo 3: Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Q: So I decided to stack avoidance. How should I balance my parry and dodge rating?

A: First of all, whenever you are talking about balancing Parry and dodge rating, you always want to use rating NOT percentage.

There are 2 ways to approach this.
    1: Balance them using something like THIS to have an "optimal" balance for diminishing returns. (Source: Muuku)

2. Throw as much into Parry as possible to take advantage of the HOLD THE LINE GLYPH. The downside is that you lose out on some avoidance due to the DR on parry although the amount you lose is very little (a few 10ths of a percentage of avoidance).
    From OP. I suggest going fully Parry.

Head in the sand Gliff?

I solo tank Garrosh pretty much weekly and I tried switching over to using Barrier during high stacks of Gripping Despair, and particularly during Whirling Corruption. Generally I would start switching around 75% vengeance. (500k barriers or so I believe)

Am I doing it right? Look at damage inc, he's still meleeing me a good amount but Gripping Despair is just below it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=11745&e=12081

It all depends on how good you are at tracking your health, and how good your healers are. If you got really good healers, and you are good at tracking stuff (your meta gem for example) you can keep using Shield Block for longer and by doing so increase your damage output, and once it get to dangerous you can switch over to Barriers.

What I Usually do is that I keep using Block up until around 20 seconds before the next whirl. If at that point I have the meta gem proc and I also have a personal rolling and I notice that I'm not at a risk of getting oneshot I try to squeeze in another block, as the amount of vengeance you have at that point will make your Shield Slams enormous if combined with a block. I also use the Klaxxi trinket, and if I see it proc when I'm at high stacks I either pop a strong personal or I call for an external and start using blocks instead.

If the DPS is not needed and / or you don't want to take any risks it's far safer to start using barriers at an earlier point.
    My Armory
    Ascendance, World rank #8, is recruiting for the next expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Look at damage inc, he's still meleeing me a good amount but Gripping Despair is just below it.
    Major difference: he can melee you for x damage, but his dot will tick no matter what

Whirl damage is totally trivial, i wouldn't use the aoe reduce trinket for it since you're not abusing vengeance on the annihilates and it's use compared to TTT or any other dps trinket seems kind of lackluster to me ... unless you really feel like you're on the verge of dying with ilvl 577 and two healers having your back!

And you should check for the relevant timeframe: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...=11887&e=12082
    That's after the first intermission when you only used 4 sblocks and many sbars, despite having so much absorb up you still ate over 50% magical damage. So if you'd use more sblock instead of sbar the damage distribution. And now look at the healing done: 50% of all healing is done by yourself with mainly smartheals helping you out -> I wouldn't change a thing there.
    Last edited by klausistklaus; 2014-06-07 at 10:40 AM.

Was parry meant to be 2.5x more than dodge or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Head in the sand Gliff?
    About what?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    About what?
    The discussion about Garrosh. You were proven wrong by a few people and then just dropped off the topic.

Edit: I forgot about Warbringers in P1.

Its more like 555 and 430.
    He just looked at the wrong number...

The discussion about Garrosh. You were proven wrong by a few people and then just dropped off the topic.
    How is my head in the sand? I said I forgot seething and it's over. Regardless, I wasn't avoiding the subject. You never responded.....

Honestly, I really don't care about the difference between 10 and 25 in a tier that is 9 months old. Especially when there will be no difference in WoD.

How is my head in the sand? I said I forgot seething and it's over. Regardless, I wasn't avoiding the subject. You never responded.....
    10 heroic Garrosh hits for around 275k unmitigated. 25 heroic hits for around 400k unmitigated.
    You said he hits for 75% of your HP so if he is hitting for 400k in 25m then your health is only about 550k.
    Edit: I forgot about Warbringers in P1.

Its more like 555 and 430.
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    If we're discussing truly unmitigated damage (no AM, no CDs), it's higher than those figures too:

23:31:17.356 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 681418 (A: 2902)
    23:34:02.251 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 600543 (A: 11885)
    23:35:42.528 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Gliff 696878
    23:33:58.242 Garrosh Hellscream Melee Bushs 724300
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff
    Honestly, I really don't care about the difference between 10 and 25 in a tier that is 9 months old. Especially when there will be no difference in WoD.
    It's not about the difference Gliff, it's just a discussion. It's polite to reply to people especially when you are wrong.

Because I felt uncomfortable at half health when I'm used to 25 man where bosses hit for 75% of my health with no active mitigation up? I could counter and say the fact that I am able to stay at half health for that long with no threat of dying makes 10 man faceroll.....

Ain't there better things to focus on? Alpha is there already and we have some glimpse of what will be. Who still really cares about 10 or 25 difference, most of us already cleared it on one or another difficulty. It's bigger damage in 25 that's all.

Did anyone tried soloing IJ btw?

Soloing as solo tanking, or full solo? If you're referring to the first option which I assume you don't then it's quite easy, you just need to rotate personals and externals for the last half of Phase 1.
    If you mean full solo then I can say that I've tried it on 10normal, but the bombs make it close to impossible to survive, as you can't attack him to generate rage for Barriers, and then there's the enrage to worry about as well..
    My Armory
    Ascendance, World rank #8, is recruiting for the next expansion!

It's not about the difference Gliff, it's just a discussion. It's polite to reply to people especially when you are wrong.
    Please refer to THIS and you will see that I acknowledged I was wrong and why I was wrong.

This is the last time I'm commenting on this so please move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Soloing as solo tanking, or full solo? If you're referring to the first option which I assume you don't then it's quite easy, you just need to rotate personals and externals for the last half of Phase 1.
    If you mean full solo then I can say that I've tried it on 10normal, but the bombs make it close to impossible to survive, as you can't attack him to generate rage for Barriers, and then there's the enrage to worry about as well..
    Solo tanking, but found a video and saw there was actually a Monk tank doing mines so I guess it would be close to impossible to do both like you said, still nice for damage (high stacks). I'm asking only because this is kinda getting boring to run each week and thinking of something to make it bit more fun and challenging. Anything else is solo tankable? Seen people doing Protectors and trying Sha.