Deleted
    For 10m i'd step away from your stamina buffer and add more avoidance for additional rage regen via revenge spam and higher riposte -> more enrage. For 25m: yeah, that's about to happen when you step in there with the minimum gear desired to step into heroics (560ish incl. cloak).

On heroics you have to reconsider certain abilities, ie the blob stacks from immerseus are going to kill you when everyone is taking damage and you hit him mindlessly instead of pushing escape for 6 seconds if your raid doesn't/can't use mass dispell. Pure physical damage taken wise i didn't feel like it was a big up from the previous bosses (esp. Garrosh himself), so it's mostly getting used to all those special abilities that can hurt and handle them properly.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    How do you handle protectors Rook stun + gouge combo?
    The two are on a different timer in most scenarios, you can also bladestorm to avoid the stun.

As for malkorok, it is entirely possible to solo tank him, this week we didn't have two of our regular DPS so we just decided to tank the bloodrage together but last week I managed to take 2 hits of bloodrage before dying (without any defensive CDs and 65 stacks or so) but the boss happened to die at that point too.
    Retired in WoD

Klaus, in 10man all bosses are easily solo tankable, no doubt about it, I've personally solotanked all but Spoils, Siege and Paragons on 10man. On 25man it's another story as a lot of the tank things ramp up rather fast.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    My guildie's mage wants me to change my reforging priority from hit > exp cap > parry > crit > dodge > mastery.
    to hit > exp cap > parry > dodge > mastery.

Do you think the difference in avoidance is noticeable or is it better to go for more dps. (I dont have problems in dying imo, Mage just think I should go for more avoidance since tank dps isnt that important in 25 compared to 10.

What you think?

tank dps isnt that important in 25 compared to 10.

What you think?
    I hate this phrase with a burning passion. While you're not 1/7th the raid dps, tank dps makes a difference in having the fight be shorter. Shorter fight = better, less mechanics to face and fewer chances to have someone die.

Either way, your stuff looks fine. If you want to go for more crit instead of mastery who cares. With your riposte value, you should be around 44.44% crit with riposte up yea? That's probably fine. I think I sit around 52% before skeer's procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I hate this phrase with a burning passion. While you're not 1/7th the raid dps, tank dps makes a difference in having the fight be shorter. Shorter fight = better, less mechanics to face and fewer chances to have someone die.

Either way, your stuff looks fine. If you want to go for more crit instead of mastery who cares. With your riposte value, you should be around 44.44% crit with riposte up yea? That's probably fine. I think I sit around 52% before skeer's procs.
    Thanks dunno whats his point, If I die its my fault and having 1% more mastery or 0.5% avoidance isnt gonna change that.

Also they are arguing I shouldnt use Thok's trinket "when" it drops. -__-
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2014-06-12 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks dunno whats his point, If I die its my fault and having 1% more mastery or 0.5% avoidance isnt gonna change that.

Also they are arguing I shouldnt use Thok's trinket "when" it drops. -__-
    Well, if there's a DPS (a dedicated DPS, not someone who doesn't raid often, or a healer who wants it for his OS), then no, I wouldn't take it over them. If there isn't, then go for it, it's fun to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Well, if there's a DPS (a dedicated DPS, not someone who doesn't raid often, or a healer who wants it for his OS), then no, I wouldn't take it over them. If there isn't, then go for it, it's fun to have.
    Why when I as tank deal more damage than any of our dps who needs it?

Deleted
    I get more out of dodge while actively tanking so i priotize it over crit or mastery but given that you already killed heroic Garrosh three times there should be noone around argueing about your gearing (unless it's spirit, maybe )

Is Thok's your to go trinket? If so you should be eligble to roll for it like every other player, if not pass on it until it's your turn. I never bothered with Malkorok's and only used Rook's for some fights during progression, so using it over some stamina sounded like a clear choice to me While it'd add more for another build (ie: full crit/mastery) it's still strong and noticeable at over 50% crit raidbuffed.

my ilvl on my prot warrior is 585 and I am going for the avoidance build. Since the new upgrades I am wondering: could I start reforging some of the extra stats gained into crit? is there a parry and dodge % I should try to get too and switch to crit? or would just increasing the dodge and parry be the best damage dealing?

Deleted
    You could start gemming for crit and see how that feels in the coming id. Or just weave some dps pieces into the mix, to be honest i wouldn't expect any noticeable negative difference while outgearing the content by 20 ilvl - given that you spend all your rage wisely.

dodge & parry increase your damage just as good/bad as before, riposte only uses avoidance rating instead of percentage values to determine the amount of crit rating you get out of it.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2014-06-13 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beat View Post
    my ilvl on my prot warrior is 585 and I am going for the avoidance build. Since the new upgrades I am wondering: could I start reforging some of the extra stats gained into crit? is there a parry and dodge % I should try to get too and switch to crit? or would just increasing the dodge and parry be the best damage dealing?
    How are you at this level and asking these questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    How are you at this level and asking these questions?
    This level? How do you know what level he is raiding at? Are you basing it off his ilvl? His guild could be 4/14H and he could have heroic gear in every slot except belt and legs. Do you really think 4/14H players are the best players in the world?

There's nothing wrong with asking other people's opinions.

Why when I as tank deal more damage than any of our dps who needs it?
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    I get more out of dodge while actively tanking so i priotize it over crit or mastery but given that you already killed heroic Garrosh three times there should be noone around argueing about your gearing (unless it's spirit, maybe )

Is Thok's your to go trinket? If so you should be eligble to roll for it like every other player, if not pass on it until it's your turn. I never bothered with Malkorok's and only used Rook's for some fights during progression, so using it over some stamina sounded like a clear choice to me While it'd add more for another build (ie: full crit/mastery) it's still strong and noticeable at over 50% crit raidbuffed.
    Pretty much this. I have no qualms about tanks using it (I use it myself), but I think it should go to DPS first, given that they have fewer choices than we do for trinkets (ex. Fury Warriors are basically limited to Evil Eye and Thok's).

That said, you are done with progression, so it doesn't really matter. I would pass it to a DPS first, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Feel free to check the math as well, just make sure you understand that externals and damage reductions are multiplicative and not additive.
    I think you accidentally changed those two as you've calculated it as multiplicative

An other thing is... your math is completely wrong. You need to calculate a 25% damage reduction as (DAMAGE)*(1-0.25)=75% damage taken and not the way you did it which would equal a 75% damage reduction. On top of that you completely forgot about armor which should reduce the damage taken by an other 64%. Not only that but you calculated a damage increase of 65000%

So the correct amount of damage taken pre migitation would be 4'343'625. Add Armor (around 64%) and Dstance (= combined 73% dmg reduction) and it's only 1'172'778 damage remaining which can be survived easily for a few hits.

Math was never my strong point. Either way, its an insane amount of damage to take without CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Bosses that are Solotankable:

Immerseus: Yes
    Protectors: Yes
    Norushen: Yes
    Sha: Yes
    Galakras: Yes (But really really annoying and sub-optimal)
    Juggernaut: Yes
    Shamans: No*
    Nazgrim: Yes**
    Malkorok: Yes***
    Spoils: Yes****
    Thok: Yes
    Siegecrafter: Yes*****
    Paragons: Yes*******
    Garrosh: Yes*******

*I have yet to figure out a way to do it, but if the raid had enough dps to burn the bosses down before your stacks get too high it "may" be possible.

**Nazgrims Sunder can't reduce your armor below 0%. You'll spawn Ravagers on each cast due to how much rage he'll get, and you'll take a hell of a beating, but it's possible.

***Malkork is one that most people would assume is undoable due to the tank stacks. In P1 you'll take all stacks, which isn't all too hard if you rotate cds. In P2 you'll need the entire raid to stack up and soak the cleave with you, and you'll also need strong raid cds while this is going. Your stacks will reset before the next P1 and you'll just do the same thing again.

****The way to do Spoils while solotanking is the same way that some 10man guilds did it. You send the tank + some real strong dps to one side, and you open like a maniac so that you're done as fast as possible. On the other side you have a few dps that will mainly kill sparks, but they can also open up a few small ones just to get some dps going there as well. Once you've finished off the big ones, and you're close to capping on energy you need to send over your tank and a good amount of dps as well to burn the second side as well before the timer runs out, you'll most likely need a lot of warlocks and monks who can teleport up without using the chain. If you finish the second room before the timer runs out you just do the same thing again, and hope you'll make it in time.

*****The tank debuff on Siegecrafter caps at 10stacks. You can easily survive the application of a 10stack debuff with a strong barrier + a strong cooldown. You can literally one-shot the shredder with those amounts of stacks + the 600-800k vengeance you'll have while tanking both of them.

******Paragons is most likely the hardest one to solo, as it requires a lot of help from your raid.
    On the pull your raid need to push down Swarmkeeper in order for the bloods to go on him, then pop Blood Lust and zerg down Bloodseeker. You'll most likely need to rotate all of your personal cds and externals in order to survive the Bloodseeker/Disector Combo, as you can hardly use any Active Mitigation, and Bloodseeker applies a stacking debuff that increases the damage you take from Disector.

Once Bloodseeker is dead you'll need a paladin to HoP you and then instantly cancelaura it to get rid of your Hewn stacks. This phase is just like it normally would be, with the exception that you're tanking both bosses.

Once Disector is dead you'll need to start cleaving down Prime and Locust just like normal. The bleed that is applied to you when Prime dose his frontal cleave will stacking up to dangerous levels after a short while. At that point you'll need to be HoP'ed again in order to reset the stacks. Try to wait with this as long as possible so that the stacks can't stack up too high after you've reset them.

If you've managed to survive the Locus/Prime combo it's time to kill Swarmkeeper. This part is the same as it normally is.

When Poisoned Mind spawns you'll want to kill Locust. Due to you killing Locust at this point your raid will need to handle 2-3 of Catalysts, but they aren't gonna kill your raid.

Once Locust is dead you switch over to Poisoned Mind. The amount of raid damage that's going out is now really high, so you'll need to handle yourself a lot. Remember to dance so that you're not hit by Manipulators attacks as they are fully avoidable.

As Poisoned Mind dies you'll need a third and final HoP from a paladin to cleanse yourself from the debuff that he applies that increases the damage you take from Wind-Reaver. At this point what you kill depends on your raid. If your healers can handle the damage that the Fiery Lines are putting out then you should kill Manipulator. If your raid has a lot of range / people who can negate the Kunchongs focus then you should kill Lucid.

Once you've finished off both of those you're left with Wind-Reaver, and he's a piece of cake to finish off.

*******In order to fully solo tank this fight you'll need to kill off the adds that spawns from Corrupted Whirl rather than kiting them. This ain't really that hard, and if you want to whore some extra vengeance I'd recommend that you have 3-4adds in melee who you cleave down.

PS: I think that the * system would have worked better if I didn't have 7fights I wanted to explain a little more.
    Cheers for your in depth answer on it, will have to check out on upcoming week/weeks which I can squiz in, if amount of people will allow it (specially Paragons looks quite nice to do, keeping Shamans as last on the list, hehe). Let's see what I can get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I think you accidentally changed those two as you've calculated it as multiplicative

An other thing is... your math is completely wrong. You need to calculate a 25% damage reduction as (DAMAGE)*(1-0.25)=75% damage taken and not the way you did it which would equal a 75% damage reduction. On top of that you completely forgot about armor which should reduce the damage taken by an other 64%. Not only that but you calculated a damage increase of 65000%

So the correct amount of damage taken pre migitation would be 4'343'625. Add Armor (around 64%) and Dstance (= combined 73% dmg reduction) and it's only 1'172'778 damage remaining which can be survived easily for a few hits.
    Did this post get removed or something? Either way, DR against a boss from armor with around 81k armor is only 58.23% physical reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Did this post get removed or something? Either way, DR against a boss from armor with around 81k armor is only 58.23% physical reduction.
    He deleted his post himself. Thank you for correcting me. Knew something didn't sound right but I didn't know what was wrong (and was too lazy to look it up)

Deleted
    It was something about Malkorok special attack with lots of stacks, so armor doesn't really does anything there, as Malkorok ignores it in the rage. But I guess that if the posts were deleted it's because you don't want to talk about it anymore.