Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, clearly no convincing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Methyl View Post
    Yikes, clearly no convincing you.
    You can convince me, you're simply not showing anything that convinces me. You just said "it sure does" and that's that. You say nothing constructive and just try to be an ass, so give me something here.

Blood rage on 10 heroic hits for 2,430,000 on the first one and 3,037,500 on the second....Now I'm not a math guy, and I don't know 100% how armor DRs work and I am SURE that my math is off but are you honestly going to tell me that you mitigate 65% of that (my warriors armor value) from armor on that 2.4 million hit? I understand that damage reduction is not additive so it's not "65% from armor and 25% from d-stance gg 90% reduction". Let's put 25 man on the backburner for a second and just roll with 10 man numbers. Give me the math on the first blood rage in 10 man with armor, weakened blows and defensive stance alone, nothing else.

So it would be something like 2.43 mill* Dstance(0.75)* Armor (0.45)* Weakened Blows (0.9)?? Comes out to 738,113 or so?
    My math could be off, I'm not a big math guy but it seems to me that 738k dmg wihtout ANY sort of cooldown is way, way off and there's no way armor can be factored into it.
    Last edited by Octa; 2014-07-15 at 08:34 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry if I was coming across as an ass, but that's really hypocrisy as you weren't really contributing to the discussion in your original posts either.

Actually come to think of it, I'm 100% sure it's not reduced by armor. I'll have to find some sources to back that up but I'll give you some quick "proof".
    Your most recent post does have some merit however.

With the 10-man numbers in mind, it does make a lot more sense that perhaps armor doesn't reduce the hits. I'm not a 10-man raider so without looking into 10-man logs I couldn't really contribute to this conversation. I think the main reason we assume that it has to be reduced by armor is the devastating numbers you see tanks take solo tanking on 25-man. 6+ million on the first and 8+ million on the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Methyl View Post
    I'm sorry if I was coming across as an ass, but that's really hypocrisy as you weren't really contributing to the discussion in your original posts either.

Your most recent post does have some merit however.

With the 10-man numbers in mind, it does make a lot more sense that perhaps armor doesn't reduce the hits. I'm not a 10-man raider so without looking into 10-man logs I couldn't really contribute to this conversation. I think the main reason we assume that it has to be reduced by armor is the devastating numbers you see tanks take solo tanking on 25-man 6+ on the first and 8+ on the second.
    I said in my post "let me find the information"....I absolutely WAS contributing I just didn't have the shit to back it up on hand and I said that. You sat there and called me out (and you're wrong about it) while being ignorant and saying "the main reason that we assume"....you assume. Give me some numbers while you sit there and say YIKES NO CONVINCING YOU. Give me some numbers, I'm eagerly awaiting them.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm done. Feel free to clean/report these posts as i'm both ignorant and incorrect.

Would need to look for source but im sure i saw a blue post about that arm doesnt reduce blood rage dmg (responce for not worrth using arm pot?) - the resoning given was that if arm was a factor the DPS (especially cloth users) wouldnt be able to soak this if stacked (or at least teake more dmg - so no point in stacking). Can look for the source if anyone is interested...

Deleted
    There is no need to fight about it. Progression is long long gone, and it's easy to forget things. Blood rage ignores armor.

Yes I think you are correct also, Octa.

Guys, please, argue over facts, not over assumptions.
    If you can't prove you're right, maybe you should consider double checking your statement before trying to prove that you're right and the other guy is wrong.

Anyway, there are plenty of logs of Malkorok HM, should be rather easy to check what affects or not the Bloodrage. (IIRC, pretty much everything except armor.)

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    If you can't prove you're right, maybe you should consider double checking your statement before trying to prove that you're right and the other guy is wrong.

Anyway, there are plenty of logs of Malkorok HM, should be rather easy to check what affects or not the Bloodrage. (IIRC, pretty much everything except armor.)
    My bad, I said right in the OP that I'd have to find the proof and do the math, I wasn't here to start an argument.
    Last edited by Octa; 2014-07-15 at 11:29 AM.

Was more a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Yes I soak it when I'm on my Warrior. Your armour reduces it then the DR from Defensive stance reduces it.
    Blood Rage ignores armor.

edit: I made this spreadsheet forever ago to figure out what I would need to use as externals for Blood Rage. After having lengthy discussions with other raiders/theorycrafters, we came to the conclusion that Blood Rage ignored armor (which is evident by checking logs and comparing damage. Especially since armor+passive would reduce the damage by enough to pretty much cover it without externals) spreadsheet
    Last edited by Promdates; 2014-07-16 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys. I want some advice, I'm in a 25man guild on Ragnaros-US and I'm a dps regularly but I was talking with the MT Warrior from my guild about switching places, starting in two resets from now.

Can you tell me if i'm in the correct direction with my gear. Important to say I dont' have stam trinkets, but are they neccesary?

I've saw the MT pull some insane numbers using dps trinkets, should I do the same?

My char is Kiåran from Ragnaros-US (Sorry I can't post url's)
    Last edited by kiaranqilue; 2014-07-16 at 03:18 PM.

Cap your hit to 7.5%. Stack more parry via orange parry/dodge gems, or just ignore pointless socket bonuses together and gem straight parry (hit allowing). For trinkets, pick them up where you can, even raid finder stam trinkets are OK once upgraded 4/4. The DPS trinkets will do for now. Your gear is fine.

EDIT: I just looked again. Your 3 yellow gems are in prismatic sockets, just make those parry. Parry outweighs dodge due to Glyph of Hold the Line, and at this high level of avoidance, not balancing the ratings is only a difference of less than a percent.

And, GET SOME VALOR POINTS!!!!
    Last edited by idefiler6; 2014-07-16 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot idefiler6. I have another question:

Should I hold a Devastate to wait for a Revenge proc? I've seen a lot of Protection Warriors logs and I have found they use a very short amount of Devastate hits, why is that?

I know Shield Slam and Revenge hit harder than Devastate, but is it ok to hold a Devastate CD in order to get one of the other two??

Quote Originally Posted by kiaranqilue View Post
    Thanks a lot idefiler6. I have another question:

Should I hold a Devastate to wait for a Revenge proc? I've seen a lot of Protection Warriors logs and I have found they use a very short amount of Devastate hits, why is that?

I know Shield Slam and Revenge hit harder than Devastate, but is it ok to hold a Devastate CD in order to get one of the other two??
    If you use the glyph of Resonating Power (instead of Unending Rage), the priority order is: Shield Slam > Revenge > Thunderclap > Devastate.
    That's probably the reason why you see a lot of logs with a very low amount of Devastate. Especially since you have more and more Revenge procs as you upgrade your gear, so less and less gcd available for fillers.
    Last edited by Senen; 2014-07-16 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use the glyph of Resonating Power (instead of Unending Rage), the priority order is: Shield Slam > Revenge > Thunderclap > Devastate.
    That's probably the reason why you see a lot of logs with a very low amount of Devastate. Especially since you have more and more Revenge procs as you upgrade your gear, so less and less gcd available for fillers.
    Never though about that Senen, but thanks to clarify this for me.

I agree with idefiler that the Riposte build (heavy parry/dodge) is superior right now, but keep in mind that it is superior only if you know how to use your active mitigation (Shield Block/Shield Barrier) appropriately.

Stamina is always on, it simply allows you to take higher damage hits without dying. So, if you're not confident in your ability to use your AM correctly, don't be afraid to get some stamina in there as well. Otherwise, yes Riposte is amazing and is incredibly fun too.

Gearing/regemming/reforging question:

I'm really new to 25man Heroics, this is the 4th reset I have done it (and 4th for our guild after 10H swap up). Downed Seigecrafter last night and now onto Klaxxi.
    We massively overgear the content at this point of the expac, of course, but I personally am at my progression highpoint for SoO thus far.

This is me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etsef/advanced
    I'm currently changing my gemming/reforging to Hit/Exp > Parry > Mastery >> Dodge >> etc (... noticed I've missed an enchant. sigh. scrub)

I have previously gone full avoidance, but I'm now more concerned with survivng and mitigating than Deeps.

Looking at Paragons 25H (have killed 10H once before) the damage is ... quite intense.

Is a hybrid Parry/Mastery at almost 580 gear levels a goer or should I stick to good ol' parry/dodge?
    Once again, dps isnt the issue, its all going to be mechanics.

Stick to Dodge/Parry. Proper use of a AM and CD's should see you through, definitely the most unforgiving fight this tier though.