Page 49 of 125 FirstFirst ...
39
47
48
49
50
51
59
99
... LastLast
  1. #961
    Fluffy Kitten sjsctt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    894
    Thanks for checking in slootbag! Happy hunting!
    Were there any other fights you felt warrior tanks superiour to pally?

  2. #962
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    The tanking vial from Malkorok also reduces our heroic leap CD albeit not by as much
    Tnx for crushin my hopes Eddy! :P

  3. #963
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    I completely support the changes you made. I have fiddled with it some more and this is the best balance of dps, dtps and tmi I could come up with. Thoughts?
    Just a few thoughts:

    - There is no pre pot
    - Most tanks will use mogu power potion (even if TMI is higher).
    - I never use Victory Rush as a standard rotation (and even not talent it)
    - Thunder clap should only used on cooldown when glyphed (don’t think it’s standard)
    - Ultimatum HS, Shield Block, Barrier, Berserker Rage into normal action list for better visualisation ?!?
    - Second Mogu Pot into action.dps_cds

    Any comments?
    The better the standard APL is, the better we can compare results.

  4. #964
    Quote Originally Posted by Slootbag View Post
    Hello Warrior Friends
    Sorry for the questions on your stream just then, its fun to discuss though and I know you don't post too often on these forums. Gl with your raid.

  5. #965
    I searched this thread and found several references to the interaction of crit blocks with the 2pc bonus and couldn't find a clear answer on if the heal you get from blocking can crit. Also, just out of curiosity, does your crit banner effect the amount of dmg blocked with a critical block? Anyone good with logs that can lead me in the right direction for finding the answer myself?

    On a side note, you would think the all powerfull leader of the Kirin Tor would have figured out how to target her blizzard......

  6. #966
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I searched this thread and found several references to the interaction of crit blocks with the 2pc bonus and couldn't find a clear answer on if the heal you get from blocking can crit. Also, just out of curiosity, does your crit banner effect the amount of dmg blocked with a critical block? Anyone good with logs that can lead me in the right direction for finding the answer myself?

    On a side note, you would think the all powerfull leader of the Kirin Tor would have figured out how to target her blizzard......
    Crit banner does not effect critical blocks. And I joke about Jaina every time I'm on that fight, worst mage EU.
    Last edited by Clampy; 2013-09-25 at 01:14 PM.

  7. #967
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I searched this thread and found several references to the interaction of crit blocks with the 2pc bonus and couldn't find a clear answer on if the heal you get from blocking can crit.
    According to my WoL the T16 2pc cannot crit.
    Furthermore blocked hits can also cause overheals (no heal from shield guard).

  8. #968
    I could on PTR for very sweet amount with Amplify Trinket but on Live I'm not getting a single crit heal from it.

  9. #969
    Sco had to sit out on Paragons of Klaxxi. They two-tanked it with pally/monk. :sadface:
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-09-25 at 01:07 PM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | Github | Zork (WoW) | Zork (D3) | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  10. #970
    Last night was my first raid with the 2-set and it is not even close to how it was on PTR. I'm really disappointed.

    Only 1.4 mil healing over the course of a 9:34 Heroic Protector fight in which I am tanking something 100% of the fight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Sco had to sit out on Paragons of Klaxxi. They two-tanked it with pally/monk. :sadface:
    Its because they took advantage of the Prot Pally with the healer cloak. I'm sure if they were on it today after the hotfix that might be different.

  11. #971
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Sco had to sit out on Paragons of Klaxxi. They two-tanked it with pally/monk. :sadface:
    Someone in Raids said he had RL commitments.

  12. #972
    Hmm. 1.4m does indeed sound low. Maybe with so much avoidance the actual blocking part does not come into play.

    Enemy Miss > Player Parry > Player Dodge > Player Block > Hit

    Is the healing without overheal? Otherwise you would have blocked 4.6m damage over the course of the fight.

    Maybe alot of the healing goes down the drain to overheal? The only thing that seems to have changed is that the heal cannot crit anymore.
    If you got alot of absorb sources (pally, disc etc.) it may cause alot of overheal.
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-09-25 at 01:28 PM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | Github | Zork (WoW) | Zork (D3) | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  13. #973
    Hi fellow Prot Warriors! First time poster, long time lurker.

    First of all, thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. There has been some great resources posted!

    I have a few quick questions regarding the switch from mastery to parry/dodge:

    1. Looking on AMR if I was to reforge/gem/enchant to a parry/dodge build. I stand to lose approx 10% mastery and only gain 2.5% parry and 1.5% dodge. The way I look at it, this doesn't seem much of a difference. Is it worth waiting till I get a bit more dodge/parry gear before switching, or will I notice that difference? My intentions were, to keep stacking mastery until I get 2pc bonus then make the switch. What are you thoughts?

    2. If you are using an avoidance build. Do you only use shield barrier, even on strong melee damage intake?

    3. I saw people mentioned that the avoidance build required less rage control and was more forgiving for people that slacked using a mastery build, are people finding this to be true now that the patch is live and you have had time to test it? I have noticed my rage control/cool down usage is no where near what it should be. I think I'm struggling managing that as well as raid leading so avoidance could relieve some of the pressure.

    Thank-you in advanced!

  14. #974
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Hmm. 1.4m does indeed sound low. Maybe with so much avoidance the actual blocking part does not come into play.

    Enemy Miss > Player Parry > Player Dodge > Player Block > Hit

    Is the healing without overheal? Otherwise you would have blocked 4.6m damage over the course of the fight.

    Maybe alot of the healing goes down the drain to overheal?
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w3...?s=2052&e=2629

    Honestly not sure if that total healing counts overhealing or not. If it does then something is way wrong because 1.4 mil is less then 30% of my Shield Barrier absorbs alone not to mention blocks...

  15. #975
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Sco had to sit out on Paragons of Klaxxi. They two-tanked it with pally/monk. :sadface:
    Either what kopcap said or the Riposte bug* nerfed his dps too much (they switched him for a monk tank after all, so the dps can be a factor.)

    *: It seems that some Klaxxi (at least Skeer) don't grant you Riposte when you parry/dodge their attack. Don't know if it has been fixed, though.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  16. #976
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Honestly not sure if that total healing counts overhealing or not. If it does then something is way wrong because 1.4 mil is less then 30% of my Shield Barrier absorbs alone not to mention blocks...
    The log shows

    number of shield blocks cast: 41
    number of blocks: 51
    number of shield barrier casts: 29
    number of shield barrier procs: 29

    number of shield guard direct heals: 157 (???) .. this is wierd since 51+29 = 80

    blocked amount: 8,848,693
    shield barrier amount: 10,182,062 (13.9 % overheal) = 8,766,755

    Overhealing on a barrier happens if a barrier buff runs out or if it is refreshed with still absorb available.

    8,848,693 + 8,766,755 = 17,615,448

    17,615,448 * 0.3 = 5,284,634

    So it should have healed you for 5,2 mil in total. (alot of that may have been put to overheal but the total amount should be 5,2 mil)

    But it only healed you for 1,436,521 and procced 157 direct heals. This is way off.

    Not sure if this is a combat log problem.

    It may be possible though that multiple heals got procced per barrier. If we assume that 157 is correct and the number of blocks is aswell. Then your shield barrier got triggered 106 times.

    Still the total value of absorb and block is 17,6 mil.

    It is kind of disturbing that the average heal of Shield Guard is 9149.8.
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-09-25 at 02:17 PM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | Github | Zork (WoW) | Zork (D3) | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  17. #977
    Yea, 78% overhealing in that log Gliff. I got 82% in my log. I'm thinking that the healing is applied before the damage maybe? So if you're topped between melees it does nothing at all on blocks.

    Really weird because I expected it to be so, so much better than it currently is.

    edit: Using that log as an example, you blocked 51 times @ around 100k average block. I expect a minimum of 1.5mil healing from shield guard just on blocks, with more coming from Sbarr.

    Some stuff from the log:

    [21:32:42.849] Rook Stonetoe hits Gliff 169026 (A: 56775, B: 96772)
    [21:32:42.896] Gwynnie Eternal Flame Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 21383)
    [21:32:43.079] Rokoz Riptide Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 20250)
    [21:32:43.079] Arokard Renewing Mist Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 10814)
    [21:32:43.239] Gliff Shield Guard Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 53225)
    [21:32:43.395] Rokoz Earthliving Gliff +12128 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.574] Cozmo Atonement Gliff +*1649* (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.694] Gwynnie Spirit of Chi-Ji Gliff +21383 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.708] Pallywag Eternal Flame Gliff +14420 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.786] Mangix Renewing Mist Gliff +*33431* (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.955] Rokoz Earth Shield Gliff +16809 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.955] Cozmo Prayer of Mending Gliff +*69079* (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.955] Cozmo Atonement Gliff +127 (O: 0, O: 63942)

    Looks like the heal is coming in too quickly after the block and just being counted as overhealing.
    Last edited by Frozendekay; 2013-09-25 at 02:32 PM.

  18. #978
    If it's bugged then we need to report it asap. If that's how it is then that 2-set is terrible compared to PTR. Maybe not worth using in 25 man.

  19. #979
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yea, 78% overhealing in that log Gliff. I got 82% in my log. I'm thinking that the healing is applied before the damage maybe? So if you're topped between melees it does nothing at all on blocks.

    Really weird because I expected it to be so, so much better than it currently is.

    edit: Using that log as an example, you blocked 51 times @ around 100k average block. I expect a minimum of 1.5mil healing from shield guard just on blocks, with more coming from Sbarr.

    Some stuff from the log:

    [21:32:42.849] Rook Stonetoe hits Gliff 169026 (A: 56775, B: 96772)
    [21:32:42.896] Gwynnie Eternal Flame Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 21383)
    [21:32:43.079] Rokoz Riptide Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 20250)
    [21:32:43.079] Arokard Renewing Mist Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 10814)
    [21:32:43.239] Gliff Shield Guard Gliff +0 (O: 0, O: 53225)
    [21:32:43.395] Rokoz Earthliving Gliff +12128 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.574] Cozmo Atonement Gliff +*1649* (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.694] Gwynnie Spirit of Chi-Ji Gliff +21383 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.708] Pallywag Eternal Flame Gliff +14420 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.786] Mangix Renewing Mist Gliff +*33431* (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.955] Rokoz Earth Shield Gliff +16809 (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.955] Cozmo Prayer of Mending Gliff +*69079* (O: 0)
    [21:32:43.955] Cozmo Atonement Gliff +127 (O: 0, O: 63942)

    Looks like the heal is coming in too quickly after the block and just being counted as overhealing.
    This log simply says that the dmg never tapped into the health pool as it was negated by absorbs. As such there was nothing to heal.
    Last edited by kopcap; 2013-09-25 at 02:42 PM.

  20. #980
    Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    This log simply says that the dmg never tapped into the health pool as it was negated by absorbs. As such there was nothing to heal.
    The log clearly shows actual healing .1 seconds after the overheal from Shield Guard. It's why I included it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •