Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    so maybe I'm missing something, what's the bug with this?

Are people expecting the heal goes off after the entire shield barrier drops?
    The entire hit is not absorbed. He is damaged. But when the Shield Guard is applied it heals for 0. Then the heal that comes in afterwards heals the damage that occurred.

Also, I added another example that I found to Gliff's bug report. It wouldn't hurt for people to go comment on it at the official forums to give it some visibility (as long as the comments are constructive).

Here is the link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10082338265

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    so maybe I'm missing something, what's the bug with this?

Are people expecting the heal goes off after the entire shield barrier drops?
    In simple terms, if you are at 100% health when you take the hit (That is blocked or absorbed with barrier) you do not receive the heal from the 2-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    In simple terms, if you are at 100% health when you take the hit (That is blocked or absorbed with barrier) you do not receive the heal from the 2-set.
    Oh of course, glanced at the screenshot too fast earlier and never seen there was actually damage taken.
    Only make passive aggressive posts when it doesn't make you look like a dumbass.

Flawless - Cats on Ice. Raiding twice a week. Go casual or go home.

Stood in the Fire
    Well thank god i passed all the tier pieces with my sub-20 rolls all week!

So I wanted to see how strong that 2-set is since it is so shit right now in raid due to being topped off so much.

I decided to try to solo the chicken world boss. It took my an hour to do, and I had to beg a nice person to come let me repair on their mount mid pull, but I got it down to 10% before an ally killed me. The 2-set is sexy as hell when working correctly.
    I recorded the whole thing but the render would take like 15 hours so I'm not gonna bother.

I scoured my logs tonight and the 2pc was working perfectly for me. One difference I noted was that, for me, the heal was going off about 0.5 to 0.7 seconds after the event. Ended up with about 35% overheal for the night.

I wonder if they fixed it or if your "lag" (my .4 as apposed to your .5-.7) makes it a non issue for you.

Be interesting to see how it works with Australian lag if it is taking 0.4-0.7 for (assuming) USA/EU based players

Well it seems rather odd indeed after some testing and going over our logs tonight, on Dark Shammies it worked as intended and was really frankly pretty strong, on other fights however it was pretty awful

Due to it working like this, the less healing you have on yourself the more potent it will be. So for 10 mans where you aren't getting spammed with heals as much and having less overhealing it will be very strong and for soloing it is utterly godlike after some testing

On Fallen Protectors Heroic it healed me for 1 million with me as the tank on He over the course of 8:50 and a total damage taken of 34 million
    Sha of Pride Heroic, 7:46 450k healing done with 21m damage taken
    Dark Shammies Heroic 7:55 2.76m healing done with 56m damage taken

Healing done to myself as a percentage including barrier and shield guard;

Immerseus 4.4%
    Protectors 13.1%
    Norushen 5.7%
    Sha of Pride 4.7%
    Jugernaut 10.5%
    Shammies 12.9%

Generally speaking 30-50% of this number was from shield guard, so while not AMAZING its still a relatively nice gain that you can get without sacrificing too much

A link to the WoL if you want to browse, all of the fights were on heroic and I was in range at all times except on Norushen during the first minute... apologies in advance for the low DPS this reset, wasn't really pushing and was a tad distracted ^^
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13245&e=13721

I don't really think it's that bad for it to heal preemptively since you're generally not going to die from full hp anyway and I'd rather be healed before a potentially fatal attack.

Well and then even if they change it it would still mostly be overheal if used at max hp so the real benefit comes from using it at low hp or in any kind of soloing situation.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Hey guys, I have read a lot about the mastery vs avoidance build, but what would you guys recommend for a warrior tank that pugs normals mainly? Dealing damage is important to me but I want to be easy to heal more than anything.

Avoidance provides just as much or even more damage reduction than mastery - the only issue comes from it being bursty which shouldn't be an issue unless you're already facing Thok or Garrosh.
    Armories:

what do u guys think about going for pure crit? i saw a prot warrior 25 hc with pure crit topping meters. does crit give any survival ? enrage is all right?

Unless you really want to scumbag dps you're probably better off with avoidance. Using the odd crit item certainly won't hurt though (heck I'm using crit bracers because they were a 30 ilvl upgrade) it's the gems/reforging I'd be careful with.
    Armories:

I'd honestly say the line is fairly fine between gemming and gearing crit instead of avoidance
    For survivability its really crippling and wont nearly be as good as avoidance / mastery (If anyone still wants to do this)

Depending on the fight I would say you would gain around 10% DPS going pure crit, you also have to factor into account that being more squishy you won't be able to take the level of punishment that someone in full avoidance gear would eg) lots of adds on Garrosh + boss

Also the fact that you will get a lot more rage generation to dump into heroic strikes / maintain shield block uptime if you go avoidance

You don't need to be gemmed crit to top meters ^^

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    what do u guys think about going for pure crit? i saw a prot warrior 25 hc with pure crit topping meters. does crit give any survival ? enrage is all right?
    You probably watched a Siegecrafter video or a gimmick fight like this one, where the tanks get a huge dps buff.
    Anyway, right now, almost all wartanks in vhl guilds are either going for Avoidance or a Crit/Mastery mix. I guess this is because of the dps requirement of Blackfuse so it's very specific.

Is the Crit/Mastery build viable? Maybe, at least it appears to be so.
    I wouldn't use it except if:
    A) I overgeared the content.
    B) I had already an heavy Mastery build. With enough Mastery to back you up, you'll still take some more damage, but that'll be smooth enough for your healers to heal you rather easily.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

What do you guys think about Bladestorm vs. Shockwave for DPS? I've been using it with Bloodbath on Galakras and Garrosh Normal and have been satisfied with it. However, I'm having a hard time assessing its damage vs. Shockwave's.

The tooltip for Shockwave is funky, it seems to take armor into account somehow but you still hit your enemies for more than the tooltip states.

Just want to pick on your 2set bonus. The Brewmaster 2set bonus is the same useless garbage you guys have. 1-3% of my healing. maybe thats a bug as well.

Is it worth to change Shoulderguards of the Last Mogu (normal, upgraded to 530 ilvl) to Krugruk's Rigid Shoulderplates (normal) and losing T15 2 pcs bonus? I don't have T16 bonus yet and I'm quite happy with T15 bonus procs and using it. If armory look is needed - here's the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Goraidh View Post
    Is it worth to change Shoulderguards of the Last Mogu (normal, upgraded to 530 ilvl) to Krugruk's Rigid Shoulderplates (normal) and losing T15 2 pcs bonus? I don't have T16 bonus yet and I'm quite happy with T15 bonus procs and using it. If armory look is needed - here's the link.
    I'd definitely take Krugruk's over the normal T15 shoulders. I was never a huge fan of the 2 piece really, granted it was useful but I never felt like I was in the position to actually need it to keep myself alive. The 31 ilvl upgrade is huge and the gain in stamina + the 2 dodge gems you could slot into them is well worth it.
    Last edited by Big Zazu; 2013-09-26 at 01:37 PM.
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.3GHz | GPU: MSI GTX 660TI Power Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 MHz | Case: CM Storm Enforcer | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB PSU: CM GX 650W Bronze Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zazu/advanced