I personally wouldn't use it, we have more than enough rage as it is and the tier set isn't exactly ideally optimized for an avoidance build as well as the extra item level you can get from warforged

Anyone know whats the deal with River's Song? Just got a new weapon, enchanted it and im not seeing any crit increase from it by Riposte.

Is this enchant supposed to give crit based on riposte?

Edit: Hmm, further testing showed it actually does, but only after Riposte is being refreshed, so best case scenario is 2 rivers song procs, next attack dodge/parry and no dodges/parrys for a long time, thus maintaining +4% crit

If the buff wears off and next melee attack is avoided, crit returns to base riposte value. So getting unlucky with no avoidance during double procs gives no crit...

Sort of dissappointed with River's Song :/
    Last edited by PaCoz; 2013-09-29 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaCoz View Post
    Anyone know whats the deal with River's Song? Just got a new weapon, enchanted it and im not seeing any crit increase from it by Riposte.

Is this enchant supposed to give crit based on riposte?
    Yes it does effect your crit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Also, if you're tanking Kardris the Froststorm Bolt is spell reflectable. Hits for 685k base in 25H, more when they bloodlust. Negates a ton of spike damage. I find it most useful right after Geyser, syncs up everytime and if you range healers for w/e reason it's not a big deal.

On 2 piece: I'll look more at logs tonight, but it does seem better than last week.
    I will add that grounding totem works as well.

Guys, I'm not sure if there's any comment around here about the difference between Dancing Steel and River's Song but, in your opinion, the crit River's Song gives is superior to the strength given by Dancing Steel?

Thanks
    (Regarding DS LFR -> 5.0 LFR)
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

Quick update on the SimC front.

The incredibly bad default APL has been updated to something resembling what we have been kicking around here. I haven't built the latest or gone through the code changes yet, but hopefully next release will bring us something much better.

Also, Theck changed the TMI bosses to hit harder (based on log data) and in the process fixed a bug.

Boss Old Values New Values
    T1610N Melee: 1,200,000
    DOT: 40,000
    Melee: 1,250,000
    DOT: 50,000
    T1625N Melee: 1,350,000
    DOT: 50,000
    Melee: 1,550,000
    DOT: 65,000
    T1610H Melee: 1,500,000
    DOT: 55,000
    Melee: 1,900,000
    DOT: 85,000
    T1625H Melee: 1,650,000
    DOT: 600,000 <-- BUG!
    Melee: 2,300,000
    DOT: 100,000

Too clarify, these changes will not be available until the next release of SimC. The current release (540-3) does not have these changes and has the serious bug in the T1625H boss regarding the size of the DOT.

Rivers Song is better defensively and if you average 50k vengeance then it is also better offensively.

Was watching Killars stream last night as Duality got Siegecrafter. Kronisaurus finished the fight at 615K.

Thanks Gliff

Another question, does crit increase the absorb value on SBar? Cus if it doesn't, then probably Dancing Steel > River's Song on SBar > Sblock fights, am I right?
    Last edited by Evelol; 2013-09-30 at 04:46 PM.
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    Was watching Killars stream last night as Duality got Siegecrafter. Kronisaurus finished the fight at 615K.
    I was in their mumble talking to a few friends before they started last night. Kron was gonna be late and they didnt know if they could kill it without a Prot Warrior.

When was the last time you heard "IDK if we can kill this without our warrior tank"....... We are in a good place people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evelol View Post
    Thanks Gliff
    NP man. Credit to Eddie who simed it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    I was in their mumble talking to a few friends before they started last night. Kron was gonna be late and they didnt know if they could kill it without a Prot Warrior.

When was the last time you heard "IDK if we can kill this without our warrior tank"....... We are in a good place people.

- - - Updated - - -

Its so amazing to hear that, I think the last time I heard that was on Hodir or Mimiron for the spell reduction set bonus :P
    Definitely looking forward to that fight

You are such a sweetie Gliff <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, we have been the most hated tank since WotLK or something like that right? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Evelol View Post
    Thanks Gliff

Another question, does crit increase the absorb value on SBar? Cus if it doesn't, then probably Dancing Steel > River's Song on SBar > Sblock fights, am I right?
    The absorb value of SBar is a function of AP, STR and STAM. But don't overestimate the value of STR in the formula. By far, the biggest driver will be AP. I did 4 sims using the T1610H boss with both River's Song and Dancing Steel, prioritizing SB > SBar and then SBar > SB. Results below. By the way, the average shield size was within 0.01% of each other with Dancing Steel being slightly better.

DPS (+/- 0.05%) DTPS (+/- 0.16%) TMI (+/- 26.87%)
    River's Song
    SB, 63.91% Uptime
    SBar, 37.86% Uptime
    382.6k 70.4K 6,104
    Dancing Steel
    SB, 63.68% Uptime
    SBar, 37.54% Uptime
    0.50% worse
    0.99% worse
    78% worse
    River's Song
    SB, 30.93% Uptime
    SBar, 63.67% Uptime
    3.58% worse
    18.3% better
    461% worse
    Dancing Steel
    SB, 30.41% Uptime
    SBar, 63.46% Uptime
    4.05% worse
    17.4% better
    416% worse

Slootbag commented it here too, but... What do I miss on Siegecrafter? If it's dps on the add, why can't a monk do it just as fine if not better? Because 10% nerf or not, they are still above. Mobility? Monks.

I may.. understimate our class, but logs are there. A lot of N/H mixed, but it's clear which ones are what.
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-09-30 at 06:33 PM.

Its warrior burst with Dragon roar. They can burst down the adds asap.

On Siegecrafter, and more precisely, the Shredders, we do by far the most damage. When the Shredder dose Death from Above he gets a debuff that increase the damage it takes for three globals, and warriors is the tank that can do, by far, the most damage in that time window.
    My Stream
    Ascendance, World rank #8, is recruiting for the next expansion!

Ah, those 3M executes on normal... good point, thanks.

Haven't played my prot warrior since tanking Cata hour of twilight heroics. Good time to return? Any advice that doesn't fall into the usual guides?

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Haven't played my prot warrior since tanking Cata hour of twilight heroics. Good time to return? Any advice that doesn't fall into the usual guides?
    The best time to return. Advice? Never miss out on rage, always press your rage regen buttons as soon as you can. Your job is to smooth the damage to make the healers job easier, your job isn't necessarily to take the smallest amount of damage.

| Warrior Moderator | Protection Warrior Weakaura Group |

Mechagnome
    Hey guys, I didn't want to create a thread for this, so I hope it's alright i ask it here.

I'm playing in a 10 man HC raiding guild. Not long ago we recruited a new tank, a prot. warrior, he's been doing a fairly great job throughout SoO normal & first 2 HC bosses (Immerseus & The Fallen Protectors). But on Norushen HC we got into some problems, he could not survive in the realm against his add. He kept getting slain over and over, which forced us to get one of our melee dps to use his OS tanking spec (Blood DK) so we could down Norushen.

So my question is: Is our Prot. warr doing somthing wrong, or is it just damn hard surviving in there as his class? He says that it's the mobs Piercing Attack which kills him every time. I can't be a gearing problem as he's running with around 555 ilvl.

All help is welcome as I'd like to count him in for next resets kill on Norushen.