1. #1141
    Field Marshal Alrysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Solihull, West Midlands
    Posts
    57
    Anybody using Avatar on any fight in particular? I've been using Bloodbath on pretty much every fight, apart from the occasional switch to Storm Bolt in case an add needs stunning.

    Currently 1/14 hc (irl has screwed our raid team a bit recently so haven't had much chance to progress), but I was just wondering if Avatar was actually a better talent for any heroic fights.

  2. #1142
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Great job everyone. if we hadnt caught that it may have never been fixed.
    This is simply awesome... to see something flagged here and then fixed pretty fast in a hot fix is just... yea hats off to you guys!

  3. #1143
    Moderator eddytheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    Anybody using Avatar on any fight in particular? I've been using Bloodbath on pretty much every fight, apart from the occasional switch to Storm Bolt in case an add needs stunning.

    Currently 1/14 hc (irl has screwed our raid team a bit recently so haven't had much chance to progress), but I was just wondering if Avatar was actually a better talent for any heroic fights.
    Only really if you are vengeance cheesing some ridiculous burst mechanic tbh... *possibly* solo tanking Thok although tbh I imagine bloodbath is even higher DPS wise there
    *maybe* Norushen if you want to kill your add quickly inside
    Possibly siegecrafter if you (for whatever reason) want to do more DPS to the shredder adds
    Other than that, you really would be better off with bloodbath imo

  4. #1144
    Just killed Thok on 10 heroic last night, if anyone has any questions regarding how I played it, just ask !

  5. #1145
    guys, anyone have solo tanked Immerseus 10m.

    yesterday i solo tanked and i think its nice idea to share, if this is a new thing

  6. #1146
    Moderator eddytheone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    guys, anyone have solo tanked Immerseus 10m.

    yesterday i solo tanked and i think its nice idea to share, if this is a new thing
    You can do this on 25m HC, its good fun and the extra DPS is always quite nice :P

  7. #1147
    Now that the solo-tank-talk begins - is there a mechanic that prohibits it for Protectors?

  8. #1148
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Now that the solo-tank-talk begins - is there a mechanic that prohibits it for Protectors?
    My 2nd tank DC'd around minute into fight so I had to do this that way. It's not impossible although you have to watch for Stun+Gouge same time and call about it, on normal nothing special. Seriously doubt you can manage on HC same thing.. do you?

  9. #1149
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Now that the solo-tank-talk begins - is there a mechanic that prohibits it for Protectors?
    Rook has a stun, He has an ability that requires you to turn around.
    Can you do it? Yes probably.
    Is it a good idea? No way!
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  10. #1150
    Dreadlord Angrybathtub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    769
    Do I have too much mastery? I'll be starting normal SoO soon and doing lots of flex alt runs with my guild.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erate/advanced

  11. #1151
    Norushen is solo tankable as well. Bonus if you can get your healers to keep a dps up long enough for you to clear your corruption. You can also just have the offtank take the boss long enough for you to clear your corruption then go back on the amalgram for the rest of the fight and have him pick up adds.

    Edit - Normal not heroic, i'm just little fella

  12. #1152
    Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Now that the solo-tank-talk begins - is there a mechanic that prohibits it for Protectors?
    As said above, you have to be careful with stun+gouge but it's totally doable. My mate died at the very beginning of the fight yesterday and couldn't be brez so I solo-tank the whole fight, definitely doable.
    On topic, it seems that I deal WAY less damage on this boss than most of other wartanks while I have very good logs for all single target fight. Even yesterday I wasn't able to rank and only dealt 160k-170k.
    Am I missing something? Are people packing the three bosses and just aoe them? I don't understand why 140k-150k is pretty good against Sha of Pride but 160k-170k isn't against Protectors.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Do I have too much mastery? I'll be starting normal SoO soon and doing lots of flex alt runs with my guild.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erate/advanced
    For a mastery build? Nope.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  13. #1153
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    As said above, you have to be careful with stun+gouge but it's totally doable. My mate died at the very beginning of the fight yesterday and couldn't be brez so I solo-tank the whole fight, definitely doable.
    On topic, it seems that I deal WAY less damage on this boss than most of other wartanks while I have very good logs for all single target fight. Even yesterday I wasn't able to rank and only dealt 160k-170k.
    Am I missing something? Are people packing the three bosses and just aoe them? I don't understand why 140k-150k is pretty good against Sha of Pride but 160k-170k isn't against Protectors.

    - - - Updated - - -





    For a mastery build? Nope.
    Are you glyphing rude interruption and then interrupting the crap outta Sun? That will up your dps considerably. I've ranked (low) on this fight with 541 i lvl by using rude interruption.

  14. #1154
    Nope, as I said we depack the boss. So I tank Rook somewhere, my mate tank He elsewhere and Sun stay alone at her position.
    We dps Rook to 66%, then He, then Sun. And we do it again.
    Some dps are multidotting, sure, but the boss aren't close during the fight so no aoe or anything.

    Looking at how low my dps is, compared to top150 in WoL, I guess most people just aoe everything?
    But if that's true, how do you handle the Desperate Measure phases?
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  15. #1155
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Nope, as I said we depack the boss. So I tank Rook somewhere, my mate tank He elsewhere and Sun stay alone at her position.
    We dps Rook to 66%, then He, then Sun. And we do it again.
    Some dps are multidotting, sure, but the boss aren't close during the fight so no aoe or anything.

    Looking at how low my dps is, compared to top150 in WoL, I guess most people just aoe everything?
    But if that's true, how do you handle the Desperate Measure phases?
    You only get overlapping desperate measures if you completely overdo it on aoeing (or go all out on Sun like I do as the Rook tank). Just keep the focus in the right order and there shouldn't be a problem.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  16. #1156
    I (He Tank) normally just collect up adds on rook's, we then have everyone stack and only move for desecrated ground, proceed to aoe them all down. He's phase, I have the dps put the mark on me and stand next to Sun so I can interrupt her and we kill it. Sun, we all fo course stack in the bubble and aoe everything down. During normal phases of the encounter, we keep the three stacked up as close as possible. I think you're mainly missing dps through not cleaving.

    Edit - Oh THAT's what you mean by handle the phases lol, my bad. Yeah what Nillo said, as long as dps keep a focused target we still get the phases in the correct order without overlap.

  17. #1157
    Okay.
    I'm not too confident with this kind of things, seeing how my guildmates have trouble with the "focus the mounts" at the beginning of Dark Shamans, they like to aoe too much.
    But I may give it a try eventually.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  18. #1158
    A lot of the fights where you can rank fairly high on are completely due to cheeseing AoE and vengence. I ranked somewhere in the sub 40's on my kill this week on protectors with around 225k dps and that was purely because we just AoE zerged everything down and I tanked He to avoid the stun. As for other fights, I managed to rank on Iron Juggernuat both this week and last but it wasnt anything impressive (something around 150k dps) but thats mainly due to correct positioning on the knockback to make sure that dps uptime stays around 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

  19. #1159
    Amusingly enough:
    1) Our Galakras 10NM kill are logged as 10HM kills.
    2) All Flex kills are logged as 10NM kills, as far as I can tell.
    3) As long as you "kill" Immerseus, even if you wipe, it will still be a legit kill.

    I ranked three times in the last weeks (but two of them are no longer good enough to be ranked): One time on Galakras 10HM (thanks to 1), since I'm still at 8/14NM) and one time on Immerseus 10NM (thanks to both 2) and 3), since it was on a 1min-long try in Flex for understanding how to do the achievement.)
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  20. #1160
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Rook has a stun, He has an ability that requires you to turn around.
    Can you do it? Yes probably.
    Is it a good idea? No way!
    Does Berserker Rage make you immune/remove gouge?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •