Quote Originally Posted by Shtanky View Post
    So I'm currently stacking Mastery, and am seriously considering flipping Avoidance based on my reading here. In making this change, would you want to go pure Red/Yellow Dodge/Parry gems, or balance it a bit by going Purple/Green Dodge/Stam and Parry/Stam gems.

I guess the question is, will the added buffer of health help mitigate the spikier damage from the avoidance build? Or just go full bore avoidance Reds/Yellows and let the healers figure it out?
    I would say it depends on how comfortable you and your healers are with you health pool. I'm seeing a lot of dual stam trinkets + pure stat gems, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Yes, it is a good place for this.
    There's also the "Fix my dps" stickied thread, but as the title says, you should use it if you're only concerned about dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    There are a few people who will be willing to help you out. If you have specific things you are looking for then I can take a look.
    Awesome, here's our logs from last night with our first kills on Malkorok and Spoils: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ox2hw1om629ax079/ Also from previous raid night with clearing through Nazgrim: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jv37lm5tl42aa1rt/

Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for in my logs to see what I can improve. My focus on fights with physical damage has been to have as much shield block uptime as possible while making sure I have full SBar when needed on magic damage fights. I know that doesn't help you to look for anything specific but if you see anything from a high level that I'm not doing well I would love the feedback.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Ignore Sco. Ignore everyone. Do what works for you. If your healers are having issues with spike damage then mastery may be the way to go for you.

I find that avoidance stacking has not any negative even in 25 man heroic tanking (10/14 H). The extra rage/damage is huge. I have been collecting as much mastery gear as possible though just incase I ever need to switch.
    Not having any problems with an avoidance build either and I definitely feel this is the vastly superior gearing strategy compared to all the rest
    If there is still the need to 4 heal Garrosh I *Might* go a tiny bit more mastery heavy but nothing significant

Spikes that would kill you or make you hard to heal occur A LOT less than the actual legendary cloak proc so any big burst is pretty much negated that way as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    I would say it depends on how comfortable you and your healers are with you health pool. I'm seeing a lot of dual stam trinkets + pure stat gems, though.
    Exactly what I'm doing
    Bosses just don't hit hard enough as a warrior relative to the health pool you have to really merit going stamina over the massive gains you get from an avoidance build imho

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    is slootbag's build viable ? mastery=crit > avoidance

edit:
    with dps trinkets, i feel like it will be better because from what i gather i will have good amount of mastery and crit which will smooth the damage intake while keeping good damage output. it will help me alot since i raid 10 man.
    It's viable and extremely fun. However my experience with trying the crit build was that I needed ALOT of crit to make it work well, to the point that I would end up having to upgrade via pieces that could be used by the DK or Fury warrior on my team. After experimenting with the various builds, I settled into the avoidance build.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    You don't need to worry about adds in the last phase, place your mocking banner between Garrosh and ranged players (who should be loosely stacked/dodging swirls during Emp. Whirling Corruption), and have everybody full nuke on the boss. The 'beating' you get off the adds (if you can call it that >.>) adds some nice Vengeance to increase your dps on Garrosh. I tend to kill one of the adds so the others get buffed for even more Vengeance.

Biggest problem in phase 3 is the mind control IMO, Ring of Peace/Solar Beam still work even though the adds are meant to be 'unsilenceable' (the interrupt part of the abilities kicks in).

Hope this helps GL!
    Finally figured that out, haha (didn't read this until now).

18 tries Sunday night, another 11 last night for shits and giggles. Got him to >5% quite a few times before we finally called it because it was really late (1 my time). Best wipe was 10.2k health left on him >.> After which we all proceeded to verbally abuse ourselves for what we should have done (I went for a Disrupting Shout too, interrupt instead of a Devastate ._.). Should get it this week on 25, if not we'll get the 10 man together again.

I'm still really liking the Avoidance set-up. I don't really tank anymore, but I take less overall damage than anyone (other tanks are BM Monk and another Warrior - who's the RL and doesn't do trash), on top of consistently doing more damage, and I have ~8-10 ilevels less gear than them (Logs from last week: Forf only went tank for some trash, Atank hands out loot and doesn't do any trash at all; it's become something of a running joke for the guild).

As an aside, is there anything you guys can find that I can possibly do better? I feel fine how I am doing it, but I always want to improve if there's a chance I can =D

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Awesome, here's our logs from last night with our first kills on Malkorok and Spoils: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ox2hw1om629ax079/ Also from previous raid night with clearing through Nazgrim: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jv37lm5tl42aa1rt/

Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for in my logs to see what I can improve. My focus on fights with physical damage has been to have as much shield block uptime as possible while making sure I have full SBar when needed on magic damage fights. I know that doesn't help you to look for anything specific but if you see anything from a high level that I'm not doing well I would love the feedback.

Thanks!
    Well, STR pots would help a little in terms of your total overall DPS
    Also a *little* more executing with a Shield Wall up can help when you are below the critical point for vengeance which when factoring in procs is around 350k Vengeance where it becomes more efficient to go back to using shield slam instead of execute
    Other than that its a little difficult to say as priority wise you seem to be doing it correctly, do you have any video's of you playing or streams?

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well, STR pots would help a little in terms of your total overall DPS
    Also a *little* more executing with a Shield Wall up can help when you are below the critical point for vengeance which when factoring in procs is around 350k Vengeance where it becomes more efficient to go back to using shield slam instead of execute
    Other than that its a little difficult to say as priority wise you seem to be doing it correctly, do you have any video's of you playing or streams?
    Not worth saving pot CD for a healing one when you get low?

I'm confused by what you're saying about execute: so when target is below 20%, I should pop Shield Wall and start executing until I hit 350k vengeance?

I don't have any videos but I suppose I could record myself tomorrow night during our raid, I'll check into doing that and see if I can make it happen. Thanks!

So i was thinking of tanking the first three bosses tonight solo (10M Normal) I've done protectors and norushen before, but I've never attempted to solo tank immerseus. Has anyone tried it? Is there ever enough time to drop the corrosive debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    So i was thinking of tanking the first three bosses tonight solo (10M Normal) I've done protectors and norushen before, but I've never attempted to solo tank immerseus. Has anyone tried it? Is there ever enough time to drop the corrosive debuff?
    I solo tank the boss on Heroic so I'm sure you can do it on normal.

Let your cloak eat the third breath. Honestly you shouldnt even get a 3rd breath on normal.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Not worth saving pot CD for a healing one when you get low?

I'm confused by what you're saying about execute: so when target is below 20%, I should pop Shield Wall and start executing until I hit 350k vengeance?

I don't have any videos but I suppose I could record myself tomorrow night during our raid, I'll check into doing that and see if I can make it happen. Thanks!
    I wouldn't bother with healing pots ever tbh, just STR ones tbh. The parry alone you get from them makes them decent for suvivability as well

For the vengeance I mean that you should use execute if your vengeance is under 350k, above that because of execute capping at your max HP shield slam starts to overtake it in terms of damage

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Do you have a spreadsheet or list over the different vengeance levels for our abilities ?
    Which is more efficient when and so on

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Do you have a spreadsheet or list over the different vengeance levels for our abilities ?
    Which is more efficient when and so on
    I do indeed ^^

Not factoring in armor though and some numbers seem a *little* lower than in practice than on the spreadsheet but it gives a good rough idea and assuming a max HP of 1.1 million;

Thanks for the feedback. Went avoidance for farm and it was fine. Thinking I am going to keep current avoidance levels around 37% parry 17% dodge and go mastery from now. Dodge trinket looks fun for farm content.

Eddy, could you perhaps share your WA for enrage/SB/meta etc?

Starting Iron Juggernaut H tonight. We got 1 pull in last night before we ended raid and it seemed pretty easy. But does anyone have any class specific advice? glyphs/talents tactics?

Loving this thread, and how active it's been -- and loving 5.4 prot warriors Been maining mine going on 5 years now, and I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying playing her more than ever now. I've been running with the avoidance build (after extensive reading through this thread) until/if the healers start running into issues with it -- currently 12/14, and hopefully starting into hardmodes in the next couple of weeks.

Most of my questions have been answered in this (now very lengthy!) thread, but my one question now is -- what SoO trinkets are you all running with, or would you consider "BiS"? I have the Malkorok trink so far, and I've been rolling weekly on Rook's & Jugg's -- which of those two is looking better for an avoidance build? Double stam, or mixing it up with a stam and a dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandei View Post
    Loving this thread, and how active it's been -- and loving 5.4 prot warriors Been maining mine going on 5 years now, and I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying playing her more than ever now. I've been running with the avoidance build (after extensive reading through this thread) until/if the healers start running into issues with it -- currently 12/14, and hopefully starting into hardmodes in the next couple of weeks.

Most of my questions have been answered in this (now very lengthy!) thread, but my one question now is -- what SoO trinkets are you all running with, or would you consider "BiS"? I have the Malkorok trink so far, and I've been rolling weekly on Rook's & Jugg's -- which of those two is looking better for an avoidance build? Double stam, or mixing it up with a stam and a dodge?
    i have the 3 trinkets, and i can say that lifesteel trinket is really awesome. and sure the CD trinket from malkrok is also very nice.

trinket from rook is also usefull, u can use the 33% reduce dmg CD for some fights

Quote Originally Posted by Zaritte View Post
    Starting Iron Juggernaut H tonight. We got 1 pull in last night before we ended raid and it seemed pretty easy. But does anyone have any class specific advice? glyphs/talents tactics?
    You can spell reflect the drill on the ground so you don't get ticks. Also you can mass spell reflect if your raid derps. You can charge to mines to move to them. If you raid keep dpsing through phase 2 it would be specially nice with all the shit on the ground. Also, most of the damage doesn't come from boss melees, so barrier if you feel like not dying when you gain dot stacks.
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-10-09 at 09:55 PM.

any suggestion about wep enchant ? is it river song or dancing steel ? (off-tanking pov)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    any suggestion about wep enchant ? is it river song or dancing steel ? (off-tanking pov)
    Purely anecdotal here, but I found dancing steel to be a much larger dps boost. Riposte has to initially activate within the riversong proc in order for the dodge rating to convert to crit. I also didn't notice any DTPS gains from using river's song. (Would you say DTPS gains or DTPS reductions when referring to better DTPS?)