1. #1241
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    I take it the shift condition for your burst makes it so you press it everythgin goes off then when you hit shift you will drop banner so you get Droar off and then drop banner correct?
    Yes if the button is pressed with the shift modifier it will additionally drop a banner. Comes in handy if you need to delay your banner.

    Garrosh question:
    I tanked Garrosh adds in phase 1 (normal mode). We used a range camp that altered position between two spots near the throne depending on weapon drop. I was the add tank and have a question. My final tactic for grabbing the adds was this:

    Wave 1:
    Leap+Clap on mobs from right > intervene to melee / charge mobs from left > dragonroar
    Wave 2:
    Mocking Banner on mobs from left > Leap+Clap on mobs from right
    Wave3:
    Same as wave 1.

    the mob pack I leaped/bannered first was the one that would reach the range camp first
    prior to wave1 I tanked the boss for some nice vengeance boost
    Until I started delaying my Dragon Roar for wave 3 and used Mocking banner on wave 2 I found it hard grab the adds in time and not having dps die that started bursting right away. But after that it was piece of cake. What do you do on tanking Garrosh adds?
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-10-11 at 02:46 PM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  2. #1242
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Yes if the button is pressed with the shift modifier it will additionally drop a banner. Comes in handy if you need to delay your banner.
    Yea I delay banner untill after DR is cast all the time so as not to waste a gcd of banner time on a spell that is 100% crit! Great addition to what I had tnx zorker!

    O and side note... this is one of my favorites since I HATED double hitting it and disactivating by accident /cast !heroic leap

  3. #1243
    Odina you got sth wrong there.
    Throw down a war banner at your feet that increases the critical damage of party or raid members within 40 yards of the banner by 20%. Lasts 10 sec.
    Banner has to be cast prior to Dragon Roar for 20% crit damage boost. Same goes for Berserker Rage to make sure that you are enraged. What you are talking about is Recklessness.

    If you cast banner after DR you miss out on 20% damage and 20% of that damage is not applied to Bloodbath aswell. Not good.
    Last edited by zorker; 2013-10-11 at 02:50 PM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

    "I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

  4. #1244
    Any luck with endless 30+ proving grounds?
    I got to wave 28ish but decided it to try it on my brewmaster monk - it was a million times easier than doing it on my prot warr.

  5. #1245
    Field Marshal Alrysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Solihull, West Midlands
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Any luck with endless 30+ proving grounds?
    I got to wave 28ish but decided it to try it on my brewmaster monk - it was a million times easier than doing it on my prot warr.
    I got it the day after proving grounds came out, one shot everything! I got to round 32 and got bored, raid was starting soonish so I just let adds kill me, didn't even know there was a title before hand!

    Was using a mastery heavy build (which is what I was running in ToThc with), switched to Second Wind and it was fine. I expect it to be even easier with avoidance now, might have another bash at it later and see!

    One thing I did notice was that they hotfixed Fear abilities in there? Apparently using Fear/Intimidating Shout wasn't broken by the NPC attacks, so you could Fear/Cause them to tremble in horror and /afk while the NPC killed them. I did it without using fear, just assumed they'd be immune to Intimidating shout so never even bothered trying, so it can be done without it!

  6. #1246
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Odina you got sth wrong there.

    Banner has to be cast prior to Dragon Roar for 20% crit damage boost. Same goes for Berserker Rage to make sure that you are enraged. What you are talking about is Recklessness.

    If you cast banner after DR you miss out on 20% damage and 20% of that damage is not applied to Bloodbath aswell. Not good.
    You ever feel really dumb... like real dumb... yea happens to me daily but right now... it's a special kind of stupid I'm feeling!

  7. #1247
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    You ever feel really dumb... like real dumb... yea happens to me daily but right now... it's a special kind of stupid I'm feeling!
    At least the warrior forum has good enough people to not rub it in your face

  8. #1248
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    At least the warrior forum has good enough people to not rub it in your face
    Really? You're going to rub my face into the fact i'll get infracted if I rub his face in it? It was hard enough resisting before.... but now... :'( damn you clampy!
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

  9. #1249
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Any luck with endless 30+ proving grounds?
    I got to wave 28ish but decided it to try it on my brewmaster monk - it was a million times easier than doing it on my prot warr.
    I went back the other week for giggles, derped and died on wave 53. Stamina, stamina everywhere is the best bet. (Reforged D/P)
    Unless the socket bonus is stamina, just ignore it, intimidating shout, piercing howl, glyphed leap and longcharge glyph makes life a lot easier.
    I decided to focus offensive and defensive cooldowns around wave 2, 6, 9. Sometimes changing it up when needed.
    When you cant handle the incoming damage just kite, slow, fear, leap, intervene, charge new spawns etc.

    Also helps to put up a raid marker to make it easier orientating where the new spawns will come from.
    Edit. Forgot i actually recorded it, so if you wanna see how i do the different waves, can check it out here Wave 40
    Last edited by santa666; 2013-10-11 at 06:13 PM.

  10. #1250
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Really? You're going to rub my face into the fact i'll get infracted if I rub his face in it? It was hard enough resisting before.... but now... :'( damn you clampy!
    Go for it If nothing getting slapped around is what prot wars are good for :P

    O and <3 this forum!

  11. #1251
    I'm running an avoidance build with a few stamina gems to bump up my health to about 1 million raid buffed (without shaman buff), so far it seems I'm doing fine in terms of damage done and intake. Good to see warriors on the top of the charts now as opposed to bottom during ToT (with DKs).
    DarkStorm 25man - http://www.darkstormguild.com
    Suprea - Protection Warrior (Main)
    Suprep - Restoration Shaman

  12. #1252
    Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    I'm running an avoidance build with a few stamina gems to bump up my health to about 1 million raid buffed (without shaman buff), so far it seems I'm doing fine in terms of damage done and intake. Good to see warriors on the top of the charts now as opposed to bottom during ToT (with DKs).
    agree. i really enjoy playing prot with all the rage income ... its awsome!

  13. #1253
    Hey, so been doing Immerseus heroic in my guilds alts and had some difficulties with the breaths, I do the first fine with barrier alone, second I can do with barrier + shield wall, but cant take the third, but according to my guild, its possible to do all 3 on a single tank, as use a druid for it.

    Dont feel that barrier helps much on the boss as he doesnt hit hard enough for it to get big, basically stuck with 200-250k shields.

    Am I missing something with warriors or are druids (other tanks) just better at handling the massive dmg from third breath?
    Last edited by Liania; 2013-10-12 at 07:12 PM.

  14. #1254
    C1n you survive to the second breath with Demoralizing Shout and use Shield Wall for the third? Else you still have D Shout and Last Stand for the third.
    Have you got the Protector's trinket? The /use should work for it.

    Else, let your legendary cloak soak it if you have one.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  15. #1255
    third breath (assuming you got hit by the first 2) does 900k dmg * 6, with is 5.4mill dmg, I did try with shield wall + 200k barrier shield, it blasted straight through everything + cloak (cloak only works aslong as the hit is lower than 2 times your max health).

    Know we can just tank swap, which we did end up doing, but would be fun to hear if anyone else found a way around it.

  16. #1256
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Else, let your legendary cloak soak it if you have one.
    Does the cloak work? I tried taking one without any CDs (with stacks) and I got 1 shotted with no cloak proc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    (cloak only works aslong as the hit is lower than 2 times your max health).
    Ah thought I was missing something, that must have been it.

  17. #1257
    Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    Hey, so been doing Immerseus heroic in my guilds alts and had some difficulties with the breaths, I do the first fine with barrier alone, second I can do with barrier + shield wall, but cant take the third, but according to my guild, its possible to do all 3 on a single tank, as use a druid for it.

    Dont feel that barrier helps much on the boss as he doesnt hit hard enough for it to get big, basically stuck with 200-250k shields.

    Am I missing something with warriors or are druids (other tanks) just better at handling the massive dmg from third breath?
    This is how I do it:

    1: Barrier
    2. Demo shout/Barrier
    3. Shield Wall/Sac/Barrier/AOE trinket

    I actually have taken a 4th basically calling for as many externals as I could and my cloak saved me.

  18. #1258
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I've been using the Safeguard macro alot lately. There are alot of dual tank encounters in the current tier, especially the last two bosses come to my mind.

    Burst
    Code:
    #show Dragon Roar
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast [mod:shift] Skull Banner
    /cast Bloodbath
    /cast Dragon Roar
    does it supposed to drop the banner?

  19. #1259
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    2,213
    For max dps with the RP glyph, it becomes SS->tclap->rev ?
    Looking at the graph eddy posted tclap always wins over revenge but not sure how to factor in the rage loss :s
    Last edited by santa666; 2013-10-13 at 09:27 PM.

  20. #1260
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    991
    rage > all. Don´t forget you 60 rage into Shieldblock into glyphed Shieldbash. Glyphed Tclap only makes it gain prio over devestate as filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    There is a reason you don't just pull numbers out of your ass and throw them on the forums. People will show you wrong. Ass numbers are useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I can't believe warriors wine about their defensive capabilities. DK's and warrs are even on heals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •