I think it's even worse at really high avoidance levels, since it's from damage taken, so if your log is (parry, parry, dodge, critblock, hit, parry) you're barely gaining a few points over the duration. Very weak in my opinion, and it gets much worse as your gear gets better (even mastery stacking, ala Sco and others). Would have been a wonderful T14 bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Garrosh question:
    I tanked Garrosh adds in phase 1 (normal mode). We used a range camp that altered position between two spots near the throne depending on weapon drop. I was the add tank and have a question. My final tactic for grabbing the adds was this:

Until I started delaying my Dragon Roar for wave 3 and used Mocking banner on wave 2 I found it hard grab the adds in time and not having dps die that started bursting right away. But after that it was piece of cake. What do you do on tanking Garrosh adds?
    I just started tanking this sucker but I found shockwave to be my best friend. Used a similiar strat to yours but used shockwave instead of Dragon Roar. Shockwave was off CD for me each add phase which made mocking banner a nice to have as opposed to a need to have.

have some of you solo-tanked Malkorok's bloodrage (10M heroic) ? I'm looking for tips on how to handle it as a protection warrior. I've got Rook's trinket (heroic version) and the CD reduction one (flex version).

Quote Originally Posted by ayxec View Post
    have some of you solo-tanked Malkorok's bloodrage (10M heroic) ? I'm looking for tips on how to handle it as a protection warrior. I've got Rook's trinket (heroic version) and the CD reduction one (flex version).
    I haven't but here is a general Idea of how i'd do it;

- You pull, 15 stacks (the 2nd smash) OT taunts, You taunt @ the purple Smash, He taunts @ 2nd, You @ purple -> Bloodrage with 0 Stacks of the debuff.
    0-10 seconds : I'd pop SW, AOE Trinket and Demo
    10-20 seconds: I'd expect Vigilance from our fury warrior, HoSC from our paladin healer or OT, My own RC & Banner

Naturally popping Shieldbarrier all the time.

(That still leaves a 2nd HoSC in my group setup, my own last stand but honestly that's just icing on the cake)

We have a protection paladin who's DPS doesn't get gimped (ours would, stupid barrier not giving heavy rep) so he's tanking that shit. But to quote our healers when he's tanking (without the trinket since we aint have one drop yet) "(Paladin Offtank Name) requires almost no healing in the Bloodrage phase, I heal you more since you're soaking orbs with 15 stacks". (I run around soaking orbs to try and be usefull).

So ye... Just spread out the cooldowns and make sure you're never without anything and you should have NP at all. You will naturally require more healing than a Protection Paladin (with their sick eternal flame) but nothing your healers shouldn't be able to handle. Mind you, afaik nearly all classes (maybe not druids?) are better at solo tanking that phase but I could be wrong there, so look @ your offtank aswell.
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

The other tanks in my guild are a druid and a paladin. I think I can handle the first bloodrage (Rook's trinket/Glyphed Shield wall/last stand/demo shout/HOS and max barrier) and the paladin can handle the second one. I'll keep you updated when we kill him (we still have to kill shamans/nazgrim before him).

Thanks for the tips anyway.
    Last edited by ayxec; 2013-10-16 at 02:47 PM.

We alternate, one tank solo the first, the other the second. Pain+sac+demo banner into glyph Sw when pain expires, last stand up the 20 seconds, results in your health not moving an inch, as long as you are not overwriting barriers. With 2pc the healers can probably afk. Didnt bother saving demo shout for it.

Pd: vengeance drops fast due to the shitty dot, remember to DR at the peak.

Pandaren Monk
    Starting spoils heroic this weekend, any good tips or tricks ?

If a Warcaller gets 2-3 stacks up on you, pop CD's. Hurts a LOT.

If you get the tank buff make sure to try and stack the mobs as close as possible, you want to be hitting more than 1 target at a time.
    Frozendruid of Temerity - 14/14HC @ 12 hours/week.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Starting spoils heroic this weekend, any good tips or tricks ?
    Make someone else open with you. Makes it way easier.

Gonna be streaming Heroic Siegecrafter tonight:

http://www.twitch.tv/gliff_

Don't remember if you were 10 or 25, but we on 10 do 1 big - 1 big - 2 small adds, when execute, 2 small adds, when execute range, medium, when execute range, medium (...), 6 mediums total, and it makes the combat trivial healing and mechanics wise. And you should have dps to finish it that way. The only "hard" part is not derping the big adds mechanics (ie, kill statues/drop bombs correctly)

So I want to start tanking, Should I gem in mastery or stamina? Ive seen people do both, and both say they have their advantages! is it just out of preffrence or is one better than the other?

See post #1 in this thread for more info, but only gem stam if you are sure you are using your active mitigation correctly, and you already have two stam trinkets and you are still dying. You are trading 320 secondary stats for 240 stam which is almost never a good trade (again, unless you are dying). Still, if you are dying, it is likely more due to the fact that you are severely undergeared, you aren't using your active mitigation correctly or your healers truly suck.

Finally, I would recommend a dodge/parry build over a mastery build.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    If a Warcaller gets 2-3 stacks up on you, pop CD's. Hurts a LOT.
    You know you can just stun and kill them or run away since they are slowed while the enrage is up o0?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Don't remember if you were 10 or 25, but we on 10 do 1 big - 1 big - 2 small adds, when execute, 2 small adds, when execute range, medium, when execute range, medium (...), 6 mediums total, and it makes the combat trivial healing and mechanics wise. And you should have dps to finish it that way. The only "hard" part is not derping the big adds mechanics (ie, kill statues/drop bombs correctly)
    Do you also do 6 medium on the Mogu side o0?
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    You know you can just stun and kill them or run away since they are slowed while the enrage is up o0?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you also do 6 medium on the Mogu side o0?
    Yep. Both the anima and the caster are fairly innocuous, at least alone. Didn't gave us any trouble, and the more mediums, the less you piss off the other side with sparks...

It's a mage pov http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...j-CZe5NU#t=298
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-10-18 at 05:41 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    10 man here
    Sounds good, its the same amount they posted on forums, just left the order/pace up to tanks to figure out.
    My initial plan was using Gliff's advice having multiple people open, all 4 smalls + i grab a large, taunt banner and then mop up mediums and finish a large. To get both 3 min cd's on large.

Is dps cloak worth it here, how rough is the incoming damage ?
    I haven't done the fight on any difficulty yet, bit rushed into raiding again, had 4 oQ runs fail at malkorok tho xD
    Last edited by santa666; 2013-10-18 at 10:44 PM.

Well, the DPS cloak WILL do a very high amount of damage here and on 10 I would say its viable however the safety of the tank cloak on 25 is very valuable, especially if you go at a faster rate of opening crates which generally results in a faster clear of the room

For 25 HC we open both Panda boxes then

On Mantid
    Kill off 1 big one while opening 1-3 small crates at a time, stopping if we spawn a kunchong
    Kill off the second big one doing the same
    Kill 2 Medium crates after all small ones are gone

Mogu
    Kill each big one individually
    Open each Medium one, if its an anima golem open one small and if its a phylactery just burn it

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Yea, but they're not so threatening tbh. I've never died or had cloak proc so I prefer to keep them stacked for better cleave. If I get 1-2 then I'll move away for a few seconds.

so I got thok's tail tip today. what's the general consensus with this thing? Viable? Worth using?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yea, but they're not so threatening tbh. I've never died or had cloak proc so I prefer to keep them stacked for better cleave. If I get 1-2 then I'll move away for a few seconds.
    They are threatening if you do them right before a boss pull ~

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elyina View Post
    so I got thok's tail tip today. what's the general consensus with this thing? Viable? Worth using?
    If you're going for a mastery/crit then yes - for an avoidance heavy build it'll only affect crit damage which is good dps wise but def wise it does next to nothing.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by elyina View Post
    Depends on the boss. I'm using it on Siegecrafter and I love it there - helps with burst on Shredders so much. If you need survivability it's a bad option of course but I don't feel there are too many fights where it makes a big difference.

Any fight with a tight enrage I would definitely recommend it.