So this may have been mentioned earlier but I'm still a bit lost wondering these warrior forums (just made the choice to shelve my mage for my warrior so I'm mildly behind on my information!) Anyhow one of the questions I have is in regards to the weapon enchants, I know it was the usual to have dancing steel because that strength was better than the "almost" worthless dodge. My question now is how do they stack up? Including wingsong, which I honestly can't remember if it can "double" proc anymore (be up two or more times with different stat gain) I am not sure which is best. Wingsong is a 1500 stat gain to crit (useful) mastery (also useful) and haste (meh) and if it can be up twice like it used to then thats a 1500 crit and mastery bonus from the enchant which sounds strong if you're playing crit build. I however am not, as I like the style avoidance offers, that stated, which is stronger dancing steel or river's song? The dodge sounds kinda nice, while it's a bit rng isn't avoidance essentially all rng?

Just something I thought of while gearing my warrior alt. Cheers!
    Daft Punk Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Finally got my 2-Piece last night, thank you Niuzao, and I'm now wondering if the 4-Piece is even worth it? It seems pretty underwhelming unless you have the Malkorok trinket, which I don't have yet. Should we go for 4-piece or just fill from 2 piece with off pieces?
    I think this is brought up at least once per page for the past 3 or so pages, perhaps we should edit the OP and put in peoples' experiences in how underwhelming the 4pc is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arizonapriest93 View Post
    So this may have been mentioned earlier but I'm still a bit lost wondering these warrior forums (just made the choice to shelve my mage for my warrior so I'm mildly behind on my information!) Anyhow one of the questions I have is in regards to the weapon enchants, I know it was the usual to have dancing steel because that strength was better than the "almost" worthless dodge. My question now is how do they stack up? Including wingsong, which I honestly can't remember if it can "double" proc anymore (be up two or more times with different stat gain) I am not sure which is best. Wingsong is a 1500 stat gain to crit (useful) mastery (also useful) and haste (meh) and if it can be up twice like it used to then thats a 1500 crit and mastery bonus from the enchant which sounds strong if you're playing crit build. I however am not, as I like the style avoidance offers, that stated, which is stronger dancing steel or river's song? The dodge sounds kinda nice, while it's a bit rng isn't avoidance essentially all rng?

Just something I thought of while gearing my warrior alt. Cheers!
    The dodge rating from River's Song is now no longer worthless as you get 75% of that rating as crit rating if you avoid an attack while the proc is up. Most are saying this moves River's Song to the top of the list for avoidance builds. Crit > strength in terms of gaining rage and thus putting up more active mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergregor View Post
    Time your shield barriers for after you get a string of dodge/parrys (my standard is to pop after 2 dodges/parrys). This way your shield barrier is less likely to go to waste (IE you dodge/parry all attacks for 6 seconds and your shield barrier absorbed nothing).
    Mathematically, that's not true. And I hope it's false in WoW as well since otherwise that would mean that RNG is biased.
    If you flip a coin and get 8 tail in a row, when you'll flip your coin for the 9th time you'll still have 50% chance to get a tail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I don't think the couple of decimals of avoidance outweights hold the line and parry haste. Might as well put everything into parry. After all, if you are going for avoidance is because you care about DPS.
    I thought parry haste disappeared in Cataclysm or so. Is it still a thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Mathematically, that's not true. And I hope it's false in WoW as well since otherwise that would mean that RNG is biased.
    If you flip a coin and get 8 tail in a row, when you'll flip your coin for the 9th time you'll still have 50% chance to get a tail.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought parry haste disappeared in Cataclysm or so. Is it still a thing?
    Yea its false logic that farmergregor uses, rng is rng even in wow.

Parry haste was removed from bosses, it now only works the other way around ie, if player parrys bosses attack, it hastes the players etc. Atleast thats what ppl have been saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    What about heroics? Which H bosses are better for mastery build and which are better for riposte build? (I'm trying Iron Jug tomorrow and I assume riposte for that one?)
    Tank damage is surprisingly low for the first few bosses in soo heroic and there are no abilities that drastically favor either build. Damage output wise there is no reason not to go riposte.

General Nazgrim's execute is probably the first ability that is note worthy. It can't be blocked so mastery is pretty useless.

In theory mastery works better for heroic Malkorok. Spikes leave you more vulnerable to losing your shield. In practice however this is nothing that can't be overcome via cooldown usage during high stacks of fatal strike.

For heroic Thok shield barrier is invaluable. Vengance is so high on this fight your barriers are huge. I use shield barrier almost exclusively on this fight pushing excess rage in to shield block and I take less damage then half the dps classes while tanking. This is despite tanking the boss during poison phase for an extended period of time.

I have no experience in heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse onwards but research suggests riposte is the way to go.

Just on a side note the damage increase from going riposte cannot be understated. Our guild runs 4 tanks paladin, dk, monk and me on warrior. Our monk is heavy mastery build for 25 man Malkorok strat. I actually got my arse kicked the other day due to threat issues. None of them can keep up and after a taunt switch I have to hold back to avoid pulling threat.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but if it isn't please let me know and I will ask in the right thread.

I got my warrior to 90 last week. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erger/advanced

I was wondering if anyone could take a look and if any more seasoned prot warriors had suggestions for anything I might be doing wrong (I still need profs, I know!). I've tanked all but a handful of bosses in T14 and T15 LFR (Protectors of the Endless, Tsulong, and Durumu due to being brought in after theyre dead) and everything seemed kind of easy (although the last three of ToT were kind of unfair because the other tank wanted to show off and wouldn't let me hold a boss for more than a few seconds). I ran the available SoO wings last week (along with ToT) as terrible dps and was able to get a weapon and some other pieces, so my gear is definitely good enough for last tier LFR, but I am still nervous about trying SoO and was wondering what people thought.

Oh, and I am using MrRobot to fix my gems/enchants/reforges.

started progress on normal garrosh yesterday, felt like i was forced to go mastery for him. he hits pretty hard and i did not like the moments where i reached 5% hp multiple times with avoidance build.

anyone experiencing the same with garrosh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    started progress on normal garrosh yesterday, felt like i was forced to go mastery for him. he hits pretty hard and i did not like the moments where i reached 5% hp multiple times with avoidance build.

Nope. No boss has made me want or need to go mastery.

An extension of the post i made above. Damage from Heroic Thok tonight. Last on damage taken as tank >.<

If you're managing sblock and barrier uptimes properly that should never happen. Mastery could be an option though, since it's benefits for smoother damage intake are more passive.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

I'd talk to your healers about that

Has anyone else experienced an immunity to damage when soaking a second bomb on juggernaut? I've noticed that if I charge a second bomb while still in the air from taking one that I take zero damage from the second bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergregor View Post
    Time your shield barriers for after you get a string of dodge/parrys (my standard is to pop after 2 dodges/parrys). This way your shield barrier is less likely to go to waste (IE you dodge/parry all attacks for 6 seconds and your shield barrier absorbed nothing).
    If anything (imo), you should save shield barrier for after you take a hit. This way you can counteract the 'burstiness' of unlucky unmitigated melee-hit streaks, and if it turns out you will parry/dodge the next 7 attacks you are healed up to 100% again just from aoe heals. (and also 2p healing I guess, I don't have it yet)

However if the raid is in dire need of healing you might want to do everything you can to let healers know you are fine and not on the top of priority list at that moment.

I'm so happy warrior tanks have gotten some love. I truly enjoy playing my warrior now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post

Seconding Gliff here. On Normal Garrosh, even tanking Garrosh and all the adds, I never felt the need to go Mastery, and my 1m+ DPS helps us get out of P1 that much more quickly. In P1, I have a LOT of rage and can max Shield Block while also maintaining high Barrier uptimes. Garrosh by himself shouldn't be an issue. 25 man, btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Has anyone else experienced an immunity to damage when soaking a second bomb on juggernaut? I've noticed that if I charge a second bomb while still in the air from taking one that I take zero damage from the second bomb.
    Indeed I have, doesn't seem to happen every time though. I usually run to the closest one, heroic leap from mid air down to the second one and charge from midair the third one and in both of those situations, if my clicking is quick, it seems I have a high likelihood of taking no damage. I'll see if I can get a look at the logs and see what is happening.

EDIT: It's all lies, took damage from every one.
    Last edited by Tehpounderer; 2013-10-24 at 02:38 PM.

Hey, doing Immerseus HC last night I ran into a massive problem. Adds being aggro'ed to our paladin tank before they reach the dps/healers because of his self healing. And have seamingly stuck to him even if I heroic leap over and thunder clap etc. Does anyone have advice on what to do for adds as a prot warrior? Apart from taunt banner as I can't use that every time to round up adds.
    Last edited by Jorrd; 2013-10-24 at 03:08 PM.

Tell him to lay off the self-heals for 5 seconds or maybe switch jobs. In our raid, I take the boss while our Pally tank rounds up the adds. As the adds come streaming by, I don't use any aoe abilities. Not that picking up some adds is dangerous for me, but it just makes it harder to aoe them all down. You could also taunt the boss for vengeance right before the adds come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    Tell him to lay off the self-heals for 5 seconds or maybe switch jobs. In our raid, I take the boss while our Pally tank rounds up the adds. As the adds come streaming by, I don't use any aoe abilities. Not that picking up some adds is dangerous for me, but it just makes it harder to aoe them all down. You could also taunt the boss for vengeance right before the adds come out.
    I tried to solo tank the boss but I just couldn't last 3 stacks of corrosive blast, also told him to lay off self healing and he says it's because he has ticks from earlier in the fight (?). I don't fully understand paladin tanks so I don't know what he could do, so I just want to find something I can do to make this better. When he tanks adds + boss he also dies almost every time a corrosive blast hits him.

damage increase from corrosive blast is not linear. You won't survive a third one.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Are you sure your tank cloak didn't proc then?