Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    A third hit of corrosive blast is about 4.3 million, to survive a 4th hit you would need an effective health at least over 12 million. There is a discussion about it in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orrosive+blast.
    Nope... just nope...
    It's ~ 600k,2.4m,4.2m,6m
    Do I have to spell it out again: LINEAR increase - each stack is ~1.8m damage (=3x600k)
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Quote Originally Posted by dodonpachi View Post
    A third hit of corrosive blast is about 4.3 million, to survive a 4th hit you would need an effective health at least over 12 million. There is a discussion about it in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orrosive+blast.
    THis isnt true at all. I have survived a 4th blast with a sac monk bubble and barrier multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    THis isnt true at all. I have survived a 4th blast with a sac monk bubble and barrier multiple times.
    Same to be honest =s

I just switched to 10 H last week and am finding that my avoidance build is spikier than 25 H. Could it be that having more healers throwing something on tanks in 25m covers spikes better than 10m? Or maybe it's just the new healers I have in 10m (a h pally and a r shaman) aren't used to healing spikier tanks. Any other tanks finding this difference in 10 vs 25?

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    I just switched to 10 H last week and am finding that my avoidance build is spikier than 25 H. Could it be that having more healers throwing something on tanks in 25m covers spikes better than 10m? Or maybe it's just the new healers I have in 10m (a h pally and a r shaman) aren't used to healing spikier tanks. Any other tanks finding this difference in 10 vs 25?
    We aren't spikier, it's just that generally in 25 (as I understand it) there is atleast one dedicated tank healer. In 10 man we don't get this so the healers need to react quickly and tanks need to really take as little damage as possible in some fights to compensate.

I've not raided 25H though so this is just a 10H tank talking, but that's how I always understood it.
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

Gliff u switched to crit build?

do u think its nice for 10m raiding? starting HC next week

Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    Gliff u switched to crit build?

do u think its nice for 10m raiding? starting HC next week
    I'm actually a 25 man tank and I hold the same opinion that I have had all tier, that you need to figure out what works for you and your guild. I can tell you that I have loved every second of avoidance but I encourage you to do some testing of your own on farm nights.

I'm crit at the moment because on Siegecrafter I feel my damage is a bit low from where it should be and I'm gonna test crit on the first few pulls on Sunday night. I have all the gems needed to go back avoidance if I'm getting wrecked.

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could help me out improving my tanking. This is the first expansion I have a warrior on maximum level, so I'm still getting used to it. This afternoon, I pugged the first 7 normals and the healers were complaining that I was a bit hard to heal. I decided to log this run 'cause I had heard that before on some flex runs. Here are the logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dmqrjvsx0mvs193t/ if someone could take a look to see if they can spot blatantly obvious stuff that I'm doing wrong.

As for my char, the link is the signature, if you could also give an opinion about the gearing strategy. I'm doing an avoidance build, since that's what people suggested me in this thread a few weeks ago. I'm using parry gems on red slots, parry+stam on blue and mastery on yellow, which was the only way I found that would allow me to keep parry % ~= 3 * dodge %.

Use dodge gems in yellow slots. Balance of Parry/dodge rating is not the important. We are talking a loss of a few 10ths of 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to use Berserker Rage more. Macro it into abilities if you need to. Your shield block uptime is a bit low but not too bad.

Use Dragon roar and bloodbath.

Honestly you dont look to be doing anything wrong enough that you would be hard to heal.

Honestly you dont look to be doing anything wrong enough that you would be hard to heal.
    I'm going to have to agree, the only thing that's a bit hard to see in logs would be something one of my offtanks has a habbit of. Good old back turning, never turn your back, even while moving strave in a way that your "front" is always tot he boss. That's something that especially on add fights can make damage pretty spikey.
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

Use dodge gems in yellow slots. Balance of Parry/dodge rating is not the important. We are talking a loss of a few 10ths of 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to use Berserker Rage more. Macro it into abilities if you need to. Your shield block uptime is a bit low but not too bad.

Use Dragon roar and bloodbath.

Guess it could just be that I'm a bit low geared for 6th boss onward, which where they started complaining. I save berserker rage to use with enraged regen and since I have them macro'ed I kinda forget about it when I'm not about to take heavy damage that would require some self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    I'm going to have to agree, the only thing that's a bit hard to see in logs would be something one of my offtanks has a habbit of. Good old back turning, never turn your back, even while moving strave in a way that your "front" is always tot he boss. That's something that especially on add fights can make damage pretty spikey.
    I don't think I'm doing that, not after being yelled at during naxx while tanking on my pala a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Guess it could just be that I'm a bit low geared for 6th boss onward, which where they started complaining. I save berserker rage to use with enraged regen and since I have them macro'ed I kinda forget about it when I'm not about to take heavy damage that would require some self healing.

I don't think I'm doing that, not after being yelled at during naxx while tanking on my pala a few years ago
    I use BR on CD and I have a 75% uptime on enrage. The odds are that you will be enraged when you use ER.

You are a bit undergeared but on Shamans (the fight they thought you were hard to heal on) I found that a Barrier spam is much better then Shield block. Maybe try that. Time your barriers to always eat the Frostshock/Froststrike and you will be amazed how stable your damage intake is.

Frostshock can also be spell reflected AND mass spell reflected so that also helps. I'm always on Haromm 100% of the fight so I never get to reflect

Also get River's Song for your weapon if you can afford it.

GL man.

Back-turning is bad but it isn't nearly as bad as it used to be in BC/Vanilla where a crushing blow could obliterate you if your health was low. Now it's just a regular melee hit, unmitigated.

Warchief
    Any sick siegecrafter hc tricks for prot ? :P

Berserker Rage>Dragon Roar>Shield Block>Shield Slam after Death from above. Unleash rape mode . Just killed him, prot warrior is insanely good for Shredders.
    Last edited by Tofifi; 2013-10-27 at 11:14 PM.

Make sure to heroic leap in after death from above as well! Extra damage is good, if you get it under 20% with Dragon Roar and Shield Slam after death from above you can get in a buffed Execute as well.

2pT16 is awesome.
    My whole raid died during Blackfuse and I finished his last 2% or so alone, my life barely moved (well, until I go "eh, I'm full life, have 60 Rage and he's nearly dead, why not Execute?" and he gives me my fourth of fifth stack od debuff without anything up. But, he died anyway, so... )
    Wasn't a first kill, but so the ts wasn't all "go! go! go!" but still. It's one of the first time in my warprot life that when my healers die I still have things under control and survive a while.

I want it to be baseline so badly. D:
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

Normal I take it right.... lol

If that's heroic then I am impressed.

On a side note, I killed H Siegecrafter tonight with a full crit build. Still used Tank meta and cloak.
    Last edited by Gliff; 2013-10-28 at 07:33 AM.

I used normal parry build, tank cloak/meta with DPS trinkets (which i always use anyway).
    Make sure to heroic leap in after death from above as well! Extra damage is good, if you get it under 20% with Dragon Roar and Shield Slam after death from above you can get in a buffed Execute as well.
    Yeah deffinetely heroic leap. Dunno maybe it's 25man but on 10 after DR > Shield Slam it's dead.

It is on 25 man also.

I will say this after my night of full crit, you do a ton more damage but I literally melted a couple times. In 100 attempts before tonight on Siegecrafter I may have had 5 deaths total. Tonight I had like 6 in 30 attempts.

There was an attempt I was doing 800k DPS using the 2 tank strat. If you are short on damage go crit. It is a huge difference. In hindsight I should have stayed avoidance. We were fine on DPS. On Thursday we were behind where we wanted to be by about 20%. We fixed a ton of shit which made my extra damage not needed.