Hello, a few questions from someone who never really bothered to delve deeper into tank stats mechanics.
1) How do diminishing returns from avoidance work? According to stochastics, amassing one stat at the expense of another would be a more feasible approach:
If I had 50% parry and 0% dodge, I would avoid all damage 50% of the time (50% hit chance * 100% hit chance = 50% hit chance), but if I had 25% each, I would only avoid all incoming damage 43,75% of the time (75% hit chance * 75% hit chance = 56,25% hit chance). Obviously I missed something, but what?
2) Would stacking mastery at the expense of dodge, while still retaining parry rating, work? That way, I'd benefit from
- the 2 t16 bonus due to mastery
- revenge glyph due to parry
- and still partially riposte
I would aim for at least 50% mastery (raid buffed) and 30-35% parry (before reduction due to higher boss levels) while neglecting dodge.
Since I assume people who put a lot more thought into tanking mechanics than me already thought of this and discarded it - what's the reason why this would be notably worse than going full avoidance?