Page 77 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    But why would you do it like this? this is a huge loss in dps and doesn't seem to accomplish anything. If you want to balance something out just let your dk take garrosh every 20 seconds for vengeance and then take him back, you'll both do more damage thsi way and the boss will be easier.

@whoever it was using leap on the adds - I suggest stunning them shortly before the star comes by and using a knockback from a dps instead.
    I thought that was kinda obvious. The problem comes since we raid with really bad iLvL. In our 10man roster 2 guys have lege cloak and like 5 guys got the meta gem. My ilvl is 535 as Tank which kinda sucks for 10 SoO. Our guild just came back for this final raid so we kinda lack gear because the Legendary quest takes like 2months to complete when you have to start it at patch 5.4.

I mean if you had raided ToT HC everyone of us would have ilvl around 530-540. However we didnt and started straight from SoO with timeless/tot lfr/ soo lfr gear. So we are raiding kinda from "behind". However last night we got Garrosh to 7% and he should go down in next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    @whoever it was using leap on the adds - I suggest stunning them shortly before the star comes by and using a knockback from a dps instead.
    We didn't have any reliable knockback in our first kill setup (a glyphed explosive trap was the best we had), so I started my little ironstar-add-dance, just didn't bother changing it since.
    The way you suggested is way superior of course, if you have at least one semi-decent knockback.

Has anybody solo tanked Thok heroic on their Prot Warr? Going to have an indepth look at whether it's feasible tonight, seen a few BRM's manage it so was wondering if anyone had actually managed it.
    "Esse Quam Videri" - To be, rather than to seem

Basedboss - Kil'jaeden US

I went to tanking for my guild on my alt to start another 10m raid.

Last night I pugged Thok and was being destroyed with insane spikes (Breath, melee, screech). I shield barrrier/block everytime I can, nothing seems to be working unless I blow all my cds to sustain the damage. I know I can do the other fights with Garrosh being my only other worry, but I need some tips of some sort on Thok. I think my stupid dbm timers are off or something, it was insane, it was like none of my mitigation mattered at times.

Thanks for any tips.

Roll CDs and tank swap asap. Barrier is pretty beast on this fight.

Garrosh is one of the easier bosses to tank IMO. We solo tank it every week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    Has anybody solo tanked Thok heroic on their Prot Warr? Going to have an indepth look at whether it's feasible tonight, seen a few BRM's manage it so was wondering if anyone had actually managed it.
    I would venture to say it is not possible on 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Roll CDs and tank swap asap. Barrier is pretty beast on this fight.

Garrosh is one of the easier bosses to tank IMO. We solo tank it every week.

- - - Updated - - -

I would venture to say it is not possible on 25 man.
    It is... Just... but you need to make the tactic around it and add a few mechanics such as insta breaking the icecubes in frost phase that it becomes not worth it in the end

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    It is... Just... but you need to make the tactic around it and add a few mechanics such as insta breaking the icecubes in frost phase that it becomes not worth it in the end
    In 10man we just use some instants on the ice cube and it breaks. Doubt that would be different in 25man.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible on 25man but that's from someone who hasn't played 25man since DS.

Looking forward to trying it!

Been done by quite a few people and seems to be perfectly manageable. Just spam shield barrier and rotate Cds nicely and you should be bank.
    Dostoyevsky of <Prime> Tarren Mill
    Armory link

Rip Bad Example 2012-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Been done by quite a few people and seems to be perfectly manageable. Just spam shield barrier and rotate Cds nicely and you should be bank.
    Will see how it goes tonight Thanks!

I'm not 100% solo tanking, but i dont see any reason why i couldnt. Our strat had me solo tanking first phase, our paladin taking the 2nd (shorter (12stacks?) phase) and then im back on tanking the third (frost) phase (which goes up to 22+ stacks again), and our paladin finished off tanking for the last phase.

We get a better lights hammer heal for the 2nd phase and mocking banner picks up the bats really smoothly. Last phase tank doesnt matter since we made him enter the kite phase asap.

Edit: Our kill video

Most important things is to know what cooldowns are active and when, i didn't call out sacrifice / ironbarks at all so they were almost randomly assigned (almost :P)

Meta gem procs sometimes mess up the order, but i died maybe on 5 of the 25 pulls we did or something, it was not often and if it happened i knew i messed up myself.
    Last edited by PaCoz; 2013-11-13 at 01:29 PM.

I often review the performance of my team through logs in order to offer constructive criticism. I cannot realistically review myself though lol. Can some kind soul take a look at my logs from last night and let me know where I can improve?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yv2ho6j6he9ux4e5/

I'm Chiqin on Stormrage

For shamans: You've only used Spell Reflection once (If I'm checking worldoflogs correct, first time). You can also use Mass Spell Reflection when the other tank is tanking Wavebinder.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I often review the performance of my team through logs in order to offer constructive criticism. I cannot realistically review myself though lol. Can some kind soul take a look at my logs from last night and let me know where I can improve?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yv2ho6j6he9ux4e5/

I'm Chiqin on Stormrage
    You have bit low riposte/enrage/shieldblock uptime.
    On half the fights your melee attacks is 2nd in damage, which would explain your lower then average rage gains.

Take nourshen for example, you have 18% shieldblock uptime and only used 5 barriers. You seem to spend the rage on cleave :s
    Checked my own logs for our heroic kill, you gained half the rage i did (about 1400 less), fight length differed 14 seconds.
    Low revenge use is your biggest loss.

Spam buttons and it should be better

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    You have bit low riposte/enrage/shieldblock uptime.
    On half the fights your melee attacks is 2nd in damage, which would explain your lower then average rage gains.

Take nourshen for example, you have 18% shieldblock uptime and only used 5 barriers. You seem to spend the rage on cleave :s
    Checked my own logs for our heroic kill, you gained half the rage i did (about 1400 less), fight length differed 14 seconds.
    Low revenge use is your biggest loss.

Spam buttons and it should be better
    I should have asked everyone to omit Norushen lol, I've ranked several times on that fight by solo tanking it and was giving my monk OT a chance to do the same last night.

Very good point about about spell relection on shamans, I'll have to work on that a bit more.

Also a good point about my melee damage, I'll have to start working in more specials. Seems like i'm hitting something all the time but I'm obviously not.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I should have asked everyone to omit Norushen lol, I've ranked several times on that fight by solo tanking it and was giving my monk OT a chance to do the same last night.

Very good point about about spell relection on shamans, I'll have to work on that a bit more.

Also a good point about my melee damage, I'll have to start working in more specials. Seems like i'm hitting something all the time but I'm obviously not.
    Imo. one of the best ways to learn what you're doing "Wrong" is to record yourself play and then watch the video. It's so much easier to notice mistakes when you're not playing, but watching. Low shield slam usage? Stare at the shield slam icon on the video. Once you learn >What< you're doing wrong, its easy to fix it since it's gonna be on your mind.

Also easy to find faults / useless stuff on your UI when viewing a video, rather than trying to think of the stuff mid-fight.

Relating to some posts a while ago about changing to stamina gems for some of the harder hitting fights, I can confirm that stamina gems most certainly aren't needed for Garrosh 25 HC at all and was infact using the crit multiplier trinket for him and could comfortably get away with a second DPS trinket if needed. So basically, just gem Parry and be happy!

Yea, we haven't hit p4 yet but the damage really didn't seem excessive. Most threatening part was actually Terrace adds when I put mocking banner down!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Yea, we haven't hit p4 yet but the damage really didn't seem excessive. Most threatening part was actually Terrace adds when I put mocking banner down!
    Yeah rofl. You get a few cloak procs occasionally during the fight but by far the most dangerous in terms of tank deaths seemed to be those adds in Terrace! I ended up taking Bladestorm for the fear immunity + insane AoE damage on them then following up with a zerker rage while making sure they are stunned. Also an added bonus of the bladestorm is simply how quickly you can break out the mind controls. Feel free to check the vid in my sig, its around 680k per tick iirc which just makes them melt

Hmm, that's an interesting idea actually. I was taking Shockwave for Jade Temple/Warbringer CC, but that does seem pretty nice.