Page 80 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theizz View Post
    Hi, can we solo tank Thok 25HC with a Riposte build ?? no problem with debuffs ??
    Sure, it's possible. Not advisable though. Bats + 2 stacks of armor debuff are going to hurt, + they're not in melee range so they're up longer = more raid dmg. The enrage is super easy so just 2 tank. If you want to pad for rankings just stand in front of the boss all p1 and make rapid taunt swaps so vengeance/riposte never falls for you.

There's little reason to do it in 25 man since the DPS gain is a lot less meaningul than in 10 man and really unecessary.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

I have the warrior 4-piece for T16. Doing so means I'm not wearing Earthbreaker's Steaming Chestplate and another piece of avoidance gear. Is the 4 piece worth it, or should I justs tick to 2 piece and maximizing parry/dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    There's little reason to do it in 25 man since the DPS gain is a lot less meaningul than in 10 man and really unecessary.
    Little reason to go riposte? Not true at all. It is still huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreldin View Post
    I have the warrior 4-piece for T16. Doing so means I'm not wearing Earthbreaker's Steaming Chestplate and another piece of avoidance gear. Is the 4 piece worth it, or should I justs tick to 2 piece and maximizing parry/dodge?
    2 set and off-pieces. The 4-set is terrible.

I personally wouldn't go for 4 piece if you have equal or higher ilvl pieces with better itemization. I already find myself wasting rage because of the ridiculous amount I get, more is pretty pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Little reason to go riposte? Not true at all. It is still huge.
    I think he meant solo tanking Thok, but i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Sure, it's possible. Not advisable though. Bats + 2 stacks of armor debuff are going to hurt, + they're not in melee range so they're up longer = more raid dmg. The enrage is super easy so just 2 tank. If you want to pad for rankings just stand in front of the boss all p1 and make rapid taunt swaps so vengeance/riposte never falls for you.
    Gratz on H Garrosh. Glad you guys beat Tyranny

- - - Updated - - -

I personally wouldn't go for 4 piece if you have equal or higher ilvl pieces with better itemization. I already find myself wasting rage because of the ridiculous amount I get, more is pretty pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he meant solo tanking Thok, but i could be wrong.
    In that case I have no experience or opinion lol. Never tried to solo tank it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Gratz on H Garrosh. Glad you guys beat Tyranny
    Thanks! We were fairly happy about where we placed too. Still waiting to see their strategies for killing Hisek first without BoP on bloodletting.

And yea I've never seen a reason to solo tank. Not like your numbers are going to be very much higher, and you're already doing more than a dps as is.

Thanks! We were fairly happy about where we placed too. Still waiting to see their strategies for killing Hisek first without BoP on bloodletting.

And yea I've never seen a reason to solo tank. Not like your numbers are going to be very much higher, and you're already doing more than a dps as is.
    Their super-secret strat he cannot talk about you mean? Lol what a joke. How long did P4 take you guys to get down?

About 7 clean pulls, and 3 with half the raid dead/MC'ed. Maximizing p3 damage is big, we went from pushing 15 seconds after second whirling to skipping it by 5 seconds or so most pulls. Spam the executes!

Deleted
    Not like your numbers are going to be very much higher
    I read this as a challenge :P

Also considering dropping the 2-set for farm and yes the 4 set isn't that good... I think you probably gain half as much rage as the 4 set by having the extra dodge rating from not getting gimp mastery items tbh

We'll see! Now that progression is over I'll have to see if I can beat some of your parses.

Hello brave warriors I have a question about getting that aoe threat at pull or when adds spawn similar to galakras, what is the best way to get aggro on a fresh spawn of mobs what glyphs should I be using on add heavy aoe fights to get aggro? I was having issues on galakras normal on my alt warrior, the dps where dpsing the adds exactly where they appear before they even start running and I was having some trouble getting the aggro on the packs. so pls tell me how to get aoe initial aggro on warrior so I can see what I was doing wrong.

Deleted
    Well the adds on Galakras are a bit weird, when they spawn they don't have an agro table for around 2 seconds so they just go a bit mental at the start
    I would recommend the thunder clap glyph for snap aoe threat, and picking up Dragon Roar + Bloodbath, just pop it in as soon as you have some vengeance to make sure they are on you

So yeah I was doing HC Leap and TC on landing + cleave and ofc DR and BB if they were up.i was also doing charge + TC if hc leap wasnt up with TC glyph.
    And yeah I know the adds on Galakras activate 2 secs after they spawn and i was telling that to the pug dps and they were like yea right and ignored me but we still killed it and managed to clear the rest w/o a problem.

So I supose I was doing it right, but I wonder is it better to use TC unglyphed for more frequent aoe spell or with higher dmg and longer cd?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    So I supose I was doing it right, but I wonder is it better to use TC unglyphed for more frequent aoe spell or with higher dmg and longer cd?
    Glyphed is just as good for long term AoE tanking and better at snap threat. However, for a fight like spoils you may want to have TC up more often for new adds. Really depends on the fight.

An instance where you want it Glyphed is Sha of Pride - infrequent add spawns that melt within the CD, allowing for best snap threat. Where you want it unglyphed would be maybe H immerseus as the adds trickle in, easier to pick up with a Tclap that comes often.

Heroic leap is up for each set of add spawns. So I make my dps wait for them to enter flamestrike and heroic leap to them. HL threat has always treated me well in every add fight. Just taunt the shaman and have a range interupt them. I use mocking banner if I start to have issues. In general this tier I seem to have much less agro issues.

The threat issue on Galk is caused by a bug. When they first spawn, there's a 2-3 second period where they're not immune to damage or taunt, but they are immune to threat. Their threat table becomes active when you see them stutter step.

Watch the fatboss video at about 1:28 and you'll see what I'm talking about when I say stutter step.

http://youtu.be/4AaXCbYIcG4?t=1m26s

What's the optimal ratio of dodge to parry for the riposte build? Right now I'm sitting at 14.25% dodge and 39.41% parry; askmrrobot is telling me to pump up dodge more, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go. I could easily go above 40% parry my switching some gems, but at the expense of dodge.

Deleted
    I "refused" an upgrade today and got bit of an argument, curious what the rest of you think.

Currently have http://www.wowhead.com/item=96446 (Megaera waist)
    Passed on: http://www.wowhead.com/item=104537 (Ashen wall girdle)

I'm going for max riposte.
    I rarely die (certainly not to low hp)
    Would overcap hit with it.

Would you have traded ~500 stamina for ~1,5% crit ?
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-11-23 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    I would have refused, crafted a http://www.wowhead.com/item=98615 (unless it puts you like +300-400 overcap) and waited for a http://www.wowhead.com/item=104591

Quote Originally Posted by Kreldin View Post
    What's the optimal ratio of dodge to parry for the riposte build? Right now I'm sitting at 14.25% dodge and 39.41% parry; askmrrobot is telling me to pump up dodge more, but I'm not sure if that's the way to go. I could easily go above 40% parry my switching some gems, but at the expense of dodge.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ection-Warrior