Page 88 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouway View Post
    Yeah, I expressed myself poorly. Reaching the hit/exp caps are obvious objectives, I meant focusing on Crit after these caps.

I'll put it in numbers before changing anything. The effective loss from Riposte could bump my Crit rating to the same level as the Parry/Dodge focused build. At this point, I would lose a lot of survivability and my DPS remain unchanged.
    Don't forget that crit/X items deliver 100% "pure" crit while dodge/parry items deliver 150% "pure" crit - so in fact all crit-items except crit/hit and crit/exp are a net damage loss, as long as you are able to keep up riposte (via intervene).

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Don't forget that crit/X items deliver 100% "pure" crit while dodge/parry items deliver 150% "pure" crit - so in fact all crit-items except crit/hit and crit/exp are a net damage loss, as long as you are able to keep up riposte (via intervene).
    Crit/mastery and crit/haste items are, indeed, providing less crit than a parry/dodge item (considering you're always under Riposte).
    However, crit/exp and crit/hit items are perfect. You still want you 5100 Exp and 2550 Hit and ou want them while maximizing your crit, so you actually want to have crit/hit and crit/exp items, because it's the best hit/x and exp/x items you could ever get.

(Obviously, this is considering you want a full crit build, which I do not recommend.)
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

Quote Originally Posted by Nouway View Post
    Hello,

Have anyone tried a [Crit > Hit = Expertise > Parry > Dodge] build as a tank? I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'm afraid it will underperform on progression encounters, compared to [Parry > Dodge > Hit = Expertise].

Is the first option viable for end-game heroic fights, or it's a "for fun" build? I'm 11/14H on a 25M group.
    My armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Nouway/advanced
    Think of it as having the highest crit % while in Riposte. You get this by having double avoidance items while using crit items in spots where there aren't double avoidance. Reforge out of dodge into crit on those items. Use crit gems or crit/exp for red sockets or crit/hit for blue if you want the socket bonus. The bonuses add up to nearly 1000 str in some cases so definitely worth it. This will still give you a high amount of avoidance while also giving you the highest amount of crit available to Prot warriors.

When I'm gemming for Hold the Line, in red slots should I be putting 320 Parry or 160 Parry/Dodge gems in? My warrior is Footslam on Stormrage-US.

Quote Originally Posted by Handfoot View Post
    When I'm gemming for Hold the Line, in red slots should I be putting 320 Parry or 160 Parry/Dodge gems in? My warrior is Footslam on Stormrage-US.
    If you are going for maximum HtL you should be gemming 320 Parry

Quote Originally Posted by Handfoot View Post
    I do Parry in red and Parry/dodge in yellow. Luckily I only have 2 blue slots that I need to fill and I use my JC stam gems in them.

I go for any avoidance or stam set bonus.

Who it Thok's trinket on normal in comparisson to the juggernaut (sorry, said siegcrafter) flex mode trinket? better or worse? i go full parry build.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cobam/advanced
    Last edited by siccora; 2013-12-27 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    Who it Thok's trinket on normal in comparisson to the siegecrafter flex mode trinket? better or worse? i go full parry build.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cobam/advanced
    Thok is amazing. Siegecrafter doesn't drop a trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    edited it. i mean juggernaut
    I would probably go with jugger + thok instead of the paragon trinket you're using.

Stood in the Fire
    Naa dont drop those two for flex jugg. The crit is amazing and the str gives some parry. Anywho, i see your doing heroics. Staminatrinkets i have found to be the best there. Atleast in 25man, 10man you can go for more DPS.

oh well. this warri is my alt. i play my monk on my main raid (10) i only did hc once the first 4 bosses. was no problem at all. and back then my gear was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    The only problem is her burst at the start imo - after you get some vengeance it's managable with cds and she should die before the end of or shortly after the aoe anyway.
    It helps to take a DK up the second tower with unglyphed army. Really helps take the burst away at the start. I tank both towers without a healer on 10m normal, No idea on heroic though.
    Last edited by Candiman; 2013-12-28 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Naa dont drop those two for flex jugg. The crit is amazing and the str gives some parry. Anywho, i see your doing heroics. Staminatrinkets i have found to be the best there. Atleast in 25man, 10man you can go for more DPS.

Parry that comes from Strength does not give Riposte. Its value is actually pretty low.

Well, while STR's value is fairly low when compared to secondaries it still gives a lot of Parry which contributes to HtL procs and Dodge/Parry revenge procs. Its important to never dismiss a stat based on face value but to analyze the weight of each individual item

Not sure of the reason for one tanking the towers personally (Unless you one tank Galakras itself). Especially considering the thing will be one of the first bosses people'll kill.
    Only make passive aggressive posts when it doesn't make you look like a dumbass.

Flawless - Cats on Ice. Raiding twice a week. Go casual or go home.

Solo tanking Heroic Thok 10 in 560 gear viable?

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Solo tanking Heroic Thok 10 in 560 gear viable?
    It should be yeah, the only thing you should be concerned with is P1 and P2 during bats, rotate CDs and swap phases on 6-8 stacks on Thok and you should be good. Shield barrier is really good due to the insane amount of vengeance you get.
    DarkStorm 25man - http://www.darkstormguild.com
    Suprea - Protection Warrior (Main)
    Suprep - Restoration Shaman

Doable yeah, do you have the trinket in any raid difficulty from The Fallen Protectors? That one is very nice for the AoE on Thok and will make it quite a bit easier at the high stacks

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Doable yeah, do you have the trinket in any raid difficulty from The Fallen Protectors? That one is very nice for the AoE on Thok and will make it quite a bit easier at the high stacks
    I do have the Flex one.

On Normal, we normally go to 45+ stacks in phase 1. Based on that, I think our healers should be okay with me Solo tanking.

The whole reason for this is our Blood DKs DPS. He does less than half what I do when we 2 tank for some reason. He's got a decent Frost set that will put him up around 220k instead of 140k.