Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    In rough theory i would benefit from avoidance every 10 swings but from mastery every 3.
    ... while Shield Block is up.
    And from my experience there are many situations where you can't even get full uptime on Shield Block because you need to spend it on SBar instead - in this case you get almost no benefit from mastery. And that's the problem with mastery - in situations where damage is actually threatening it's value is diminished.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

I don't know about you guys, but when ToT ended and SoO started, for me the main reason for leaving mastery behind and picking up avoidance was DPS. Sweet, brutal DPS. Whether the mitigation was better or not, was and is a debatable issue, with TDR on the one hand and TMI on the other. Although in the end avoidance ended up being fairly competent on TMI, and with the tier long gone, we can look back and see that the true heavy hitters ot the tier (solo thok and paragons) were doable with avoidance. The former actually forced you to abandon all sblocks and spam barriers, making mastery not really good there. I never missed mastery.

Just saying it, because it was always the main argument in the decision, the one thing in which mastery couldn't compete and nobody mentioned it.

Like your comics on the paint rage thread of arenajunkies, btw.

With an avoidance build Im able to keep shield block up for dps with the glyph and barrier when necessary. Mastery builds are completely worthless.

When is gemming for crit useful in SoO?

Stood in the Fire
    If the difficulty is LFR

Is there a BiS listing for avoidance?

To maximize parry and dodge after 7,5% hit, 15% expertise and I'd like to have the 2-piece set bonus.

Sorry for being so lazy =p

Search it in this thread. Gliff posted his more than once

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Search it in this thread. Gliff posted his more than once
    Ah, ofc. Too tired...

Cheers for that and thank you Gliff!

Just had a quick question. Would it be better to go mastery at lower item levels to smooth the damage intake due to not having much stam in case of damage spikes. Or would it be safe to just go full avoidance?

Just hit 90 on my war and got to 520 ilvl and I don't want to give my heals a heart attack when I start tanking lfr and flex.

Go avoidance at that livl for lfr and flex. I did it at that ilvl and lower for normal mode.
    Last edited by idefiler6; 2014-02-07 at 01:59 PM. Reason: autocorrect

Got raid tomorrow. I'm gonna try the avoidance build once more and see if it works better.
    To the comment on the AJ comics.
    I've got more on http://wowadventures.deviantart.com/

Got a question here about Klaxxi Heroic.
    when im tanking Prime - every X seconds he uses his ability called Shield-bash followed by Vicious Assault.
    i have been told that as a prot war i should use Shield block a moment before the shield-bash,
    i find that very wierd since im stun for the duration and from what i know u cant block any when you are stunned..

how should i handle those ability?
    should i use shield barrier before it ?

thx in advance.

Stood in the Fire
    Barrier helps and announce it in ts so healers know to spamheal you.

i can see alot of good warriors use shield block . can anyone explain why?

You can't block while stunned. Perhaps they aren't good?

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    I used Barrier for each bash, and used SBlock during the time I was tanking before he casted Bash. If they were hitting Block before they got stunned, they're not doing it right.

It would have to be either:

A. They aren't aware that you can't block while stunned.

B. They pressed the wrong button.

C. They were trying to squeeze off one last Heavy Repercussions Shield Slam before the stun went off.

Unless Vicious Assault has the unique property (bug?) of being able to be blocked while you are stunned, which I have never tested since we tank swap for it rather than eat the cleave while stunned. But it seems more likely that it's one of those three options.

Vicious Assault can be blocked while you are not stunned though, so it isn't a bad idea to Shield Block when you taunt Korven after he stuns your other tank.

Got a question here about Klaxxi Heroic.
    when im tanking Prime - every X seconds he uses his ability called Shield-bash followed by Vicious Assault.
    i have been told that as a prot war i should use Shield block a moment before the shield-bash,
    i find that very wierd since im stun for the duration and from what i know u cant block any when you are stunned..

how should i handle those ability?
    should i use shield barrier before it ?

thx in advance.
    You cant block, dodge nor parry the viscious assault. So if you have only 60 rage keep barrier up right before the shield bash hits you. Make sure to get a major def cd also.

Shield block is of no use for viscious assoult. but if you have 120 rage pooled before shield bash it can be usefull to mitigate melee dmg right before it stuns you.

Why do you keep the boss during the assault anyway?
    I'd say taunt swap the moment he starts casting that shield bash to avoid that situation happening in the first place.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida