I save shield wall for it and pop a barrier just before it hits, last stand + call for pain sup on the second one, usually don't get a third but if we do, I call for a taunt. There is no reason not to taunt swap each one, I just keep Prime in order to simplify things a bit.
-Edit- Does anyone know if the human racial works on the stun?
Anyone can do the ironstars in the last phase tbh. I would honestly suggest bladestorm for the fear immunity in terrace. Recently I've started running with Dragonroar and it seems to be working quite nicely as it allows me to use that tier of abilities during the burns as using Bladestorm during single target is a fairly large DPS loss
While progressing though I would say there is no competition unless you have a lot of priests in the raid and can get 2+ fear wards in the Terrace phase and your adds DPS in the first phase is nice
Hey guys, I am going to do challenge modes as a prot (did not play it since wotlk), and I have to obtain gear from scratch. So, for what stats should I go?
1) Do i need expertise hardcap for challenges& (my guess is yes)
2) Mastery>Avoidance for challenges? Or can I survive with crit gear?
3) What trinkets should i obtain?
Thanks in advance.
1) Yes. I'm still not sure if 15% or 12% is the way to go, though, since boss hardly matter in CMs.
2) I'm PLing in my raid gear (well, I'll soon have to change some items, since I'm at ~9% hit now), so Parry>Dodge>Crit=Mastery is totally possible. If you're only going for golds, a Mastery build is probably good, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to lose too much dps for the sake of less spikiness. CMs tanking is about anticipating spikes anyway, so as long as you have a proper cooldown usage, I don't think Riposte build is really worse than Mastery build as far as survival is concerned.
I wouldn't go as far as using a crit build, though. But I've never tried, may be worth a try.
3) Stamina trinkets are extremely good in CMs. Relic of Niuzao, 5.0 vp (now jp) trinkets, MSP trinket, etc. I'm using my raid gear so I'm using the IJ trinket but I haven't paid attention to my self heal so far, probably not huge. But if you don't like playing with two stamina trinkets, it's probably one of the best non-stamina trinket available.
If you are going for records why use a Prot warrior =s? A brewmaster will do significantly more DPS in most cases. If you do really want to use a warrior then I would suggest an avoidance build so that you don't keep having to reset due to being gibbed and messing up any really good runs you get, it will also (class depending) let your healer do some off-DPS as well
If you are going for records why use a Prot warrior =s?
That hurt Eddy Thought you were one of 'us' ;'(
Anyways, You can get realm records as a Prot Warrior, bare in mind, if you trying to beat a Brewmaster, Disc, Mage, Hunter, Shaman, <Random> then you may as well just give up, its a stupid makeup and as Eddy said, they are just crazy as CM Tanks.
Parry/Dodge are the two main stats you wanna take (High Damage, High Rage)
Relic trinket with Shado-Pan DPS trinket (or a second Darkmoon Fair trinket, the DPS one)
Engineering is a big, big plus! Blacksmithing and Leatherworking are great too.
Good luck getting realm best times with a warrior tank.
I've got 9/9 FoS on my warrior.
Well, small server, but still. Warriors are really good since 5.4 in CMs. Not as godlike as monks, but still very powerful, probably the second best tanking class in CMs. (It was DKs before 5.4, but we have been buffed far more than them.)
Depending on the best times set on his server, it may totally be doable with a warprot. Just slightly harder than with a monk.