Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Overall Conclusion for Warriors in WoD?

I haven't had a chance to try out the beta and from various other forum posts I am getting mixed reactions to how warriors will play after 6.0 launches. Anyone have any positive feedback with how the new Fury/Arms rotations work?

Casual/alt warriors love the rotation and mechanics changes.

The more prominent warriors all dislike it.

Arms is agreed as being the dumbest and worst spec in the game. I have never ever read anything positive about it, even from LFR heros.

The lowered skill requirement that translated into the removal of CS is perceived as good by the folks that think "fury should be a furious spec relentlessly assaulting" yada yada. Every warrior agrees that with Sudden Death playing Fury is ok and not nearly as bad as Arms, though a step back from MoP version, mostly due to being extremely easy to play.

Gladiator and protection have seen nothing but positive feedback (rotation not ruined by the current dev team). Haven't seen much discussion on this subject, but Gladiator seems to me the only viable warrior pvp spec.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

I can't wait to try Arms and see if it's really as shitty as everyone says. Warriors have cried over every talent overhaul and it's always been fine for me. L2Adapt, yo.

Deleted
    There is nothing to adapt to, since the only thing you literally have to watch is that Rend buff, that is there for no reason and doesnt interact with the rotation.
    No smart decisions on when to use fillers has to be made, since you can pretty much spam whirlwind all day long anyways.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Blizz want the rotations where so people with IQs lower than a potato can play.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I still find it funny when people say Fury MoP was complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try out the beta and from various other forum posts I am getting mixed reactions to how warriors will play after 6.0 launches. Anyone have any positive feedback with how the new Fury/Arms rotations work?
    The new Fury rotation is great for those who don't enjoy the DPS-window based gameplay of MoP Fury.

They've managed to keep that playstyle in the game with Gladiator Stance Prot, and (somewhat, but not really) with letting Arms keep Colossus Smash.

Arms is great if you're the kind of player who thinks that your talent choices, racial trains, and basic rotation shouldn't really matter much in terms of your overall DPS.

All three DPS specs currently put out pretty decent damage compared to other classes, and they are all viable for all levels of play, from leveling to Mythic raids.

It really does just depend on your personal playstyle choices, at least right now.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    I found Prot to be very much the same as on Live currently and just feels wierd. I don't see new players picking up Prot Warriors and preforming any good with them. Barrier feels extremely Weak, shield block feels equally weak. Ravager seems to be the most OP spell we got with the 60% parry to it.

Obviously I'm going to go for fury immediately, but on the PTR the rotation just seems.....meh. I enjoyed the MoP Fury warrior rotation, and arms for the the most part.

Deleted
    What spec would you guys suggest to level with in MoP? Or does It not really matter all that much? The spec that does the most damage should be the correct choice, so arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    I still find it funny when people say Fury MoP was complex.
    lfr content is also too complex for large parts of the player base ? It wasn't hard but in comparison to a lot of other specs it still was very obviously not as easy to execute decently.

Think frost DK with no diseases.

Deleted
    Arms is easy to play but 'feels' wrong. Your rage management is not really management anymore as much as playing your own little game of whack-a-mole with a rage bar instead of a health bar. Stack enough haste and your AA's generate so much rage you'll never need anything but. I KINDA liked how MS was for Rage and you began your rotation slowly and steadilly. WoD's Arms Rotation is ALWAYS start with Charge (Otherwise your rotation starts with, eh, auto attack..) and smash buttons untill things are dead or you are dead.

I like the changes to fury though. Performs well and is more easier to 'understand' for people. I've been Warrior since '04 and I think this is one of the best versions of Fury so far, albeit you have to break everything you've spent the last many years of learning about it and start all over to really get it. Once that's done, it's simple but fun overall.

My favorite addtition has to be Gladiator Stance though. Protection still being a really challenging curve for new players aside, Gladiator Stance is AWESOME. It's not that it does much better than Arms or Fury in pure numbers and it probably feels alot more complex than it is but the 'feels' of the spec is just through the roof of awesomeness. Let the mindless have their battleaxes and the braggers flash their greatswords. You're doing just as well, if not better, than them with your shield and trusted one hander. - And that comes from an Arms/Fury warriors who stopped tanking in TBC and has not touched Prot since. Untill now...

Edit: Forgot the overall conclusion!

Overall, Warriors are good. If you're willing to sit down and re-learn everything you thought you knew about the class, or alternatively roll a new one from scratch and pick it up as you go, you're in for three viable specs, two of which are great. They're not gonna be "In your face" about it and Warriors is not on par to become FOTM on this go but they're good. I actualy think that sums up Warriors very well. A solid, mediocre, well performing, somewhat mindless "good" response. They're good. Good.

"That movie was pretty good" - good. "That sandwich is pretty good" - good. You can't quite put a finger on anything being really wrong with it, you have thousands of suggestions that'd make it better. It does its' job but it's not wowing you either. It's... good.
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2014-10-08 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    lfr content is also too complex for large parts of the player base ? It wasn't hard but in comparison to a lot of other specs it still was very obviously not as easy to execute decently.
    No one goes around calling LFR complex though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    "That movie was pretty good" - good. "That sandwich is pretty good" - good. You can't quite put a finger on anything being really wrong with it, you have thousands of suggestions that'd make it better. It does its' job but it's not wowing you either. It's... good.
    So warriors are sandwich? Good.

Do you guys know how Warrior DPS will scale compared to other DPS classes? I am thinking about switching my main to warrior, always had fun on my alt playing fury but in the past i often didn't find a 10man raid because people think warriors are useless on everything besides tanking. :/

You heard it here first folks. If there's any WoD spec you don't like, it's because you're bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superiority_complex

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    Do you guys know how Warrior DPS will scale compared to other DPS classes? I am thinking about switching my main to warrior, always had fun on my alt playing fury but in the past i often didn't find a 10man raid because people think warriors are useless on everything besides tanking. :/
    You mean scale with gear? Warriors have always scaled insanely with gear, to the point of needing nerfs. I can't think of a time they haven't scaled with gear.