Page 38 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Well this is an reactive line to the damage intake, just ignore all the gear and have it bound to your rage instead/in addition.

Code:
    actions+=/shield_barrier,if=incoming_damage_1500ms>health.max*0.3|rage>rage.max-20
    My rage cap is down to <2% this way while sblock is still at perfect 67.24% uptime
    Changed here:
    https://code.google.com/p/simulation...detail?r=17627

Will be reflected in the next download, which should be pushed out sometime in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    Mmmeeeehhhhhh I just don't like the idea of having Crit or Haste as a tank. Leave that for DPS guys.
    I don't think anyone is stacking crit. I just stacked avoidance. The dps increase was nice, but it's mainly the insane rage income that makes the avoidance tank stat priority good.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Changed here:
    https://code.google.com/p/simulation...detail?r=17627

Will be reflected in the next download, which should be pushed out sometime in the next few days.

Thumbs up

Using 540-1 I simulated Resonating Power/Thunder Clap vs Unending Rage in my gear (540ish).

Unending Rage - 276k dps, 62.5k dtps and 3143 TMI
    Resonating/TC - 288k dps, 64.8k dtps and 5687 TMI

This is single target of course and multi target fights will increase the DPS gap.

So if I want to try Avoidance tanking should I still bother with my hit/expertise caps?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliblaze View Post
    So if I want to try Avoidance tanking should I still bother with my hit/expertise caps?
    Yes. You still need your abilities to land in order to gain rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliblaze View Post
    Even more so.

I switched to avoidance and damn i love the rage generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lintan View Post
    I switched to avoidance and damn i love the rage generation.
    Looking forward to trying this out tonight as well

Deleted
    I... really can't say anything about how it felt. Raided 2h30, killed 8 bosses, nothing was really doing any damage, so it was... strange. Can't really evaluate anything.

Garrosh seems tough enough since he's holding his ground, if not it will be needed to wait until heroics to really know what's with the avoidance build. On top of that, worldoflogs is not up to speed yet.

Did 9 bosses with avoidance build fine. Still planning to pick up mastery gear on the side as i think it will be better for any really hard hitting boss.

Deleted
    I'm also very happy with these changes, gearing full avoidance made the playstyle feel a lot more active, more revenge, more blocks/barriers, less devastate.

Dropping Glyph of Unending Rage for TC glyph? I dont feel like thats a good deal especially with all this extra rage... Interesting idea tho.

What I'm hoping for in regards of 25H is that with a few parry+stamina gems & stamina trinkets i should be good to go, 7 bosses down so far and i loved it. (Even out DPSing our paladintank!!!)

Deleted
    Stam trinkets due to the extra budget with full avoidance gear

Loving it tbh

I dropped unending rage a long time ago. The increased rage generation is actually a point in favor of dropping the glyph imo. The only upside to unending rage was that you could simultaneously stack a shield block and full shield barrier and the increased generation allows you to maintain both even more efficiently without having the extra rage bank. I personally like incite. Allows me to throw several extra HS into the BB buff.

So what do you guys recommend for a tank that just returned to this game with around 499 ilvl? Avoidance or crit?

I haven't touched any ToT normal (quit a week or so after it came out). I'll be doing LFR to catch up with my ilvl and willing to try out flexible SoO until I start seriously raiding again next xpac.

Here's my armor: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erate/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Stam trinkets due to the extra budget with full avoidance gear

Loving it tbh
    Yes, this is awesome. I told my brewmaster he was gonna need more lightning for his keg smashes if he wanted to keep up.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    So what do you guys recommend for a tank that just returned to this game with around 499 ilvl? Avoidance or crit?

I haven't touched any ToT normal (quit a week or so after it came out). I'll be doing LFR to catch up with my ilvl and willing to try out flexible SoO until I start seriously raiding again next xpac.

Here's my armor: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erate/advanced
    Don't go crit unless you are only doing LFR or seriously outgear the content.

Avoidance is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post

I was going to ask this question myself, sort of. I'm in a guild that doesn't do Normals or Heroics, and have contented myself with running LFR, but I still want to be the best that I can be, even when running "sub-standard" content. I've looked at the gearing suggestions from AMR about which way to go, but haven't been able to convince myself which route to take.

After reading this thread, from the looks of it, the prevailing opinion appears to be Avoidance? Would that extend to LFR as well?

Thanks for any input. And thanks for everyone who has contributed to this thread. (had to remove links, wouldn't let me post with them in)

Gronnoc, Earthen Ring

Deleted
    Avoid > Mastery >> Crit for a beginner tank. Everything else is insane in 5.4, you're not even remotely close to crit block cap and going crit might work for battlegrounds but not for pve.

So are the Mastery trinkets from last tier worth using now? I'm almost thinking I should just use Soul Barrier and Rook's Unlucky Talisman for 10M normals and call it good.