Page 47 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hi guys.

A friend of mine is trying to equipo his warrior, here his armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ipion/advanced

He knows that int shield is kinda shit, but alternative was a 463 blue shield. At least he get a nice chunk of armor and stamina.

Now he finally farmed enough time coins for buying a new trinket.

Should he get tank one (mastery+dodge on use) or dps one (str+haste on proc). Dodge on use is quite nice, since it has quite a nice sinergy with riposte, but str also offer a nice amount of parry, algough haste being quite meh for a prot.

What do you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Hopefully this is what you want, Eddy.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...?s=6366&e=6898

Thanks for the help. I'll be switching gems accordingly.
    Yeah that is what I meant, but ideally do need a less 'gimmcky' fight that's more single target like Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Hi guys.

A friend of mine is trying to equipo his warrior, here his armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ipion/advanced

He knows that int shield is kinda shit, but alternative was a 463 blue shield. At least he get a nice chunk of armor and stamina.

Now he finally farmed enough time coins for buying a new trinket.

Should he get tank one (mastery+dodge on use) or dps one (str+haste on proc). Dodge on use is quite nice, since it has quite a nice sinergy with riposte, but str also offer a nice amount of parry, algough haste being quite meh for a prot.

What do you think?
    I would say definitely the Mastery one, although its not the main stat we are aiming for atm. Strength provides a little parry but doesn't interact with riposte as its rating based and haste pretty much only increases our auto swing DPS so its a very weak stat for us

Only other thing I would advise is dropping shockwave unless you are running CM's for the first time or doing a gimmick fight like lei-shen ball stunning ^^

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Yeah that is what I meant, but ideally do need a less 'gimmcky' fight that's more single target like Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok ^^
    I imagined it would be, I'll try a less clusterfuck fight report.

We'll see which boss goes down tonight and I'll link that one.

Thanks Eddy.

Deleted
    I'm currently rolling with a Hit/Exp cap > Mastery > dodge/parry build atm, it's working very well for me and I've been favoring mastery for quite a long time now. Since Riposte i have been doing way more damage as any prot warrior would, I'm wondering though; How much would my dps increase by going for a dodge+parry Riposte build? I'm not asking for like a exact number but just an estimate seeing as otherwise i would be needing sim's and so on.

Can't post links since this is my first post, I'm Camisado from the guild <Trolltyg> EU-Stormreaver, we post logs on WoL if anyone wants to check them out.
    Thanks for any answers, peace!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CamisadoD View Post
    I'm currently rolling with a Hit/Exp cap > Mastery > dodge/parry build atm, it's working very well for me and I've been favoring mastery for quite a long time now. Since Riposte i have been doing way more damage as any prot warrior would, I'm wondering though; How much would my dps increase by going for a dodge+parry Riposte build? I'm not asking for like a exact number but just an estimate seeing as otherwise i would be needing sim's and so on.

Can't post links since this is my first post, I'm Camisado from the guild <Trolltyg> EU-Stormreaver, we post logs on WoL if anyone wants to check them out.
    Thanks for any answers, peace!
    If you switch from Mastery to Dodge including gems / enchants / reforges you can expect to gain around 10-20% DPS

Hello , first time poster , been following mmo champs for a long time but never did browse the forums . Im glad i did !! Anyways i did the switch to avoidance and my dps went up alot . I just told my healers to let me know how i was to heal and if it was an issue i can go back . For our guild the extra dps def. helped us out . Where just a casual raiding group but all the extra dps you can get on some fights can make or break a kill or death .
    Anyways thanks for all the info and keep it up .

Deleted
    Just curious if people can have a look at what Im doing wrong in these logs, had some serious threat issues with the pala tank on taunt swaps, ended up being really unpleasant for the two of us. Im aware there is a lot of optimization I could be doing, so anything you can help me with would be great. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dx221i8k7b2vesli/

On the armory some bits wont be reforged correctly as I share them between my MS dps spec and my prot set. Cheers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    3. Hurl Corruption - Can be interrupted and spell reflected. Obviously use spell reflect to end your trial faster.
    I feel like more of an idiot than usual for not trying this.

Deleted
    Just saw the new SimC 540-2.
    The standard APL is totally wrecked again ...

Deleted
    I need someone to check back on what I observed while updating my damage taken spreadsheet. (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22475412)

The observation is on damage taken and only affects encounters or situations with low Vengeance.

When low on Vengeance we still have a base absorb value on our barrier. That is because stamina is part of the absorb formula.
    absorb = max((attackPower - 2 * strength) * 1.8, stamina * 2.5) * rageMultiplier
    If we assume 45k stamina a 20rage barrier will absorb a minimum of 37k damage.

In a scenario with 40k Vengeance (200k hits every 1.5seconds) a simple 20rage barrier will convert into 66% damage reduction. That is more damage than a crit block.
    Once the Vengeance surpasses the magic mark where the absorb from attackpower becomes stronger than the absorb from stamina it flats out to a minimum reduction of 42% per 20rage barrier (for 62% armor reduction).

If we just look at damage taken one should never block in low Vengeance scenarios. This can effect current LFR and flex modes. You may not reach the magic marks in those modes.
    Of course this heaviy depends on your current vengeance and stamina level.

I wrote down some of the magic marks.
    Code:
    stamina   vengeance     20rage barrier
    35,000    49,000        29,000
    40,000    56,000        33,000
    45,000    63,000        37,000
    50,000    70,000        41,000
    Those values are static. For every 5,000 stamina we need 7,000 more Vengeance and collect 4,000 more absorb.

But in the end this is basically for the lolz only. If stuff hits for so few damage you can go full dps.

-----------

Another more important observation is that the more "armor" you have. The more valuable a barrier will be damage reduction wise.
    Block will always reduce a flat percentage of damage taken (of what is left past armor/stance reduction). Absorb reduction is a flat value. The more damage is reduced by armor the more valuable any absorb will be. If you are having a damage reduction by armor of 73.5% a simple 20 rage barrier will be as effective as a crit block when compared at damage taken.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-09-23 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muuku View Post
    Just saw the new SimC 540-2.
    The standard APL is totally wrecked again ...
    The new default APL is based on information I provided the SimC team here. I don't necessarily agree with the way they chose to implement some of the items but it is mostly correct. Scanning it quickly, I see a few issues like no mention of glyph of incite buff on the heroic strike line, but maybe that gets added if I actually have the glyph equipped. It should be there as an OR conditional in case you want to import then change glyphs. There is some strangeness regarding the rage conditionals but I believe this is a great improvement over what it used to be. Simming with this will yield far higher DPS numbers than last release with the additional benefit of more closely modeling how we actually play.

Does it need some improvement; yes. Totally wrecked; no.
    Last edited by Tehpounderer; 2013-09-23 at 04:36 PM.

Curious

actions+=/shield_barrier,if=incoming_damage_1500ms>health.max*0.3|rage>rage.max-20

I may be dumb but is this a macro you just attach to each rage building ability or is there an addon you need for this just curious what it is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    The new default APL is based on information I provided the SimC team here. I don't necessarily agree with the way they chose to implement some of the items but it is mostly correct. Scanning it quickly, I see a few issues like no mention of glyph of incite buff on the heroic strike line, but maybe that gets added if I actually have the glyph equipped. It should be there as an OR conditional in case you want to import then change glyphs. There is some strangeness regarding the rage conditionals but I believe this is a great improvement over what it used to be. Simming with this will yield far higher DPS numbers than last release with the additional benefit of more closely modeling how we actually play.
    Then the problem is maybe on my side. My results with the standard APL:

54292 dps, 102453 dtps, 2126.1k TMI
    RPS out: 0.1
    RPS in: 0.4

Can someone test it?

Quote Originally Posted by Muuku View Post
    Then the problem is maybe on my side. My results with the standard APL:

54292 dps, 102453 dtps, 2126.1k TMI
    RPS out: 0.1
    RPS in: 0.4

Can someone test it?
    Yes, indeed, something is broken. It only runs the actions once it appears, so this is what would happen if you just sat there auto-attacking the boss.

This is what I provided the SimC team, try that instead.
    Code:
    # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=earth
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=chun_tian_spring_rolls
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/stance,choose=defensive
    actions.precombat+=/battle_shout
    actions.precombat+=/berserker_rage
    actions.precombat+=/mogu_power_potion

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=auto_attack
    actions+=/berserker_rage,if=buff.enrage.down&rage<=rage.max-10
    actions+=/shield_wall,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6
    actions+=/last_stand,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6&buff.shield_wall.down
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=dps_cds,if=stat.attack_power>health.max*0.20
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=normal_rotation

actions.normal_rotation=/heroic_strike,if=buff.ultimatum.up
    actions.normal_rotation+=/shield_slam,if=rage<75
    actions.normal_rotation+=/revenge,if=rage<75
    actions.normal_rotation+=/battle_shout,if=rage<80
    actions.normal_rotation+=/shield_block
    actions.normal_rotation+=/shield_barrier,if=buff.shield_barrier.down&rage>80
    actions.normal_rotation+=/thunder_clap,if=target.debuff.weakened_blows.down
    actions.normal_rotation+=/demoralizing_shout
    actions.normal_rotation+=/impending_victory,if=talent.impending_victory.enabled
    actions.normal_rotation+=/victory_rush,if=!talent.impending_victory.enabled
    actions.normal_rotation+=/devastate

actions.dps_cds=/mogu_power_potion
    actions.dps_cds+=/avatar,if=talent.avatar.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/bloodbath,if=talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/blood_fury,if=talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/dragon_roar,if=talent.dragon_roar.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/shattering_throw
    actions.dps_cds+=/skull_banner
    actions.dps_cds+=/recklessness
    actions.dps_cds+=/storm_bolt,if=talent.storm_bolt.enabled
    actions.dps_cds+=/run_action_list,name=normal_rotation
    And I see now that what I provided them was wrong (at least as far as Glyph of Incite goes). Anyway, I simmed you using my APL, and you got:

249K dps, 60.8K dtps, 36.9k TMI

- - - Updated - - -

I'm opening an issue with SimC team now to get this fixed. If the community feels strongly about some changes, let's get them discussed so we can give them the feedback.
    Last edited by Tehpounderer; 2013-09-23 at 06:31 PM.

The new simcraft gave me a dps stat rating where haste was the 2nd best stat =0

guys, the sheet is not working, anyone can check it please.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jYk52akE#gid=0

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    If you switch from Mastery to Dodge including gems / enchants / reforges you can expect to gain around 10-20% DPS
    What's the deal with dodge these days anyway? at what point is dodge better than parry? i currently have somewhere around 34% parry and 12'ish % dodge. At what point will dodge dr itself too heavily for it to be worth geting more parry again. I'm currently testing the avoidance (hit2500>exp5200>parry>dodge>mastery) build for maximizing riposte gains.

sorry if this has been answered already in this thread, but 48 pages is a tad too much to crawl through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    What's the deal with dodge these days anyway? at what point is dodge better than parry? i currently have somewhere around 34% parry and 12'ish % dodge. At what point will dodge dr itself too heavily for it to be worth geting more parry again. I'm currently testing the avoidance (hit2500>exp5200>parry>dodge>mastery) build for maximizing riposte gains.

sorry if this has been answered already in this thread, but 48 pages is a tad too much to crawl through.
    Dodge is better than parry when you have more parry rating than dodge

You want to try keep them equal to avoid diminishing returns, the strength you get off gear keeps Parry a few % above dodge anyway which is what you want to be aiming for

oh lordie, i've got some reforging to do then. I was under the impression that the DR on dodge was a lot heavier than it is on parry. ie a 320 parry gem at 5000 rating would provide more actual avoidance than 320 dodge gem at 5000 rating.
    Last edited by aGit; 2013-09-23 at 10:45 PM. Reason: accidentally a word

Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    guys, the sheet is not working, anyone can check it please.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jYk52akE#gid=0
    PM Muuku and let him know what the issue is.