Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Awesome, here's our logs from last night with our first kills on Malkorok and Spoils: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ox2hw1om629ax079/ Also from previous raid night with clearing through Nazgrim: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jv37lm5tl42aa1rt/

Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for in my logs to see what I can improve. My focus on fights with physical damage has been to have as much shield block uptime as possible while making sure I have full SBar when needed on magic damage fights. I know that doesn't help you to look for anything specific but if you see anything from a high level that I'm not doing well I would love the feedback.

Thanks!
    Well, STR pots would help a little in terms of your total overall DPS
    Also a *little* more executing with a Shield Wall up can help when you are below the critical point for vengeance which when factoring in procs is around 350k Vengeance where it becomes more efficient to go back to using shield slam instead of execute
    Other than that its a little difficult to say as priority wise you seem to be doing it correctly, do you have any video's of you playing or streams?

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Well, STR pots would help a little in terms of your total overall DPS
    Also a *little* more executing with a Shield Wall up can help when you are below the critical point for vengeance which when factoring in procs is around 350k Vengeance where it becomes more efficient to go back to using shield slam instead of execute
    Other than that its a little difficult to say as priority wise you seem to be doing it correctly, do you have any video's of you playing or streams?
    Not worth saving pot CD for a healing one when you get low?

I'm confused by what you're saying about execute: so when target is below 20%, I should pop Shield Wall and start executing until I hit 350k vengeance?

I don't have any videos but I suppose I could record myself tomorrow night during our raid, I'll check into doing that and see if I can make it happen. Thanks!

So i was thinking of tanking the first three bosses tonight solo (10M Normal) I've done protectors and norushen before, but I've never attempted to solo tank immerseus. Has anyone tried it? Is there ever enough time to drop the corrosive debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    So i was thinking of tanking the first three bosses tonight solo (10M Normal) I've done protectors and norushen before, but I've never attempted to solo tank immerseus. Has anyone tried it? Is there ever enough time to drop the corrosive debuff?
    I solo tank the boss on Heroic so I'm sure you can do it on normal.

Let your cloak eat the third breath. Honestly you shouldnt even get a 3rd breath on normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Not worth saving pot CD for a healing one when you get low?

I'm confused by what you're saying about execute: so when target is below 20%, I should pop Shield Wall and start executing until I hit 350k vengeance?

I don't have any videos but I suppose I could record myself tomorrow night during our raid, I'll check into doing that and see if I can make it happen. Thanks!
    I wouldn't bother with healing pots ever tbh, just STR ones tbh. The parry alone you get from them makes them decent for suvivability as well

For the vengeance I mean that you should use execute if your vengeance is under 350k, above that because of execute capping at your max HP shield slam starts to overtake it in terms of damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Do you have a spreadsheet or list over the different vengeance levels for our abilities ?
    Which is more efficient when and so on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Do you have a spreadsheet or list over the different vengeance levels for our abilities ?
    Which is more efficient when and so on
    I do indeed ^^

Not factoring in armor though and some numbers seem a *little* lower than in practice than on the spreadsheet but it gives a good rough idea and assuming a max HP of 1.1 million;

Thanks for the feedback. Went avoidance for farm and it was fine. Thinking I am going to keep current avoidance levels around 37% parry 17% dodge and go mastery from now. Dodge trinket looks fun for farm content.

Eddy, could you perhaps share your WA for enrage/SB/meta etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Starting Iron Juggernaut H tonight. We got 1 pull in last night before we ended raid and it seemed pretty easy. But does anyone have any class specific advice? glyphs/talents tactics?

Loving this thread, and how active it's been -- and loving 5.4 prot warriors Been maining mine going on 5 years now, and I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying playing her more than ever now. I've been running with the avoidance build (after extensive reading through this thread) until/if the healers start running into issues with it -- currently 12/14, and hopefully starting into hardmodes in the next couple of weeks.

Most of my questions have been answered in this (now very lengthy!) thread, but my one question now is -- what SoO trinkets are you all running with, or would you consider "BiS"? I have the Malkorok trink so far, and I've been rolling weekly on Rook's & Jugg's -- which of those two is looking better for an avoidance build? Double stam, or mixing it up with a stam and a dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandei View Post
    Loving this thread, and how active it's been -- and loving 5.4 prot warriors Been maining mine going on 5 years now, and I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying playing her more than ever now. I've been running with the avoidance build (after extensive reading through this thread) until/if the healers start running into issues with it -- currently 12/14, and hopefully starting into hardmodes in the next couple of weeks.

Most of my questions have been answered in this (now very lengthy!) thread, but my one question now is -- what SoO trinkets are you all running with, or would you consider "BiS"? I have the Malkorok trink so far, and I've been rolling weekly on Rook's & Jugg's -- which of those two is looking better for an avoidance build? Double stam, or mixing it up with a stam and a dodge?
    i have the 3 trinkets, and i can say that lifesteel trinket is really awesome. and sure the CD trinket from malkrok is also very nice.

trinket from rook is also usefull, u can use the 33% reduce dmg CD for some fights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaritte View Post
    Starting Iron Juggernaut H tonight. We got 1 pull in last night before we ended raid and it seemed pretty easy. But does anyone have any class specific advice? glyphs/talents tactics?
    You can spell reflect the drill on the ground so you don't get ticks. Also you can mass spell reflect if your raid derps. You can charge to mines to move to them. If you raid keep dpsing through phase 2 it would be specially nice with all the shit on the ground. Also, most of the damage doesn't come from boss melees, so barrier if you feel like not dying when you gain dot stacks.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-10-09 at 09:55 PM.

any suggestion about wep enchant ? is it river song or dancing steel ? (off-tanking pov)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    any suggestion about wep enchant ? is it river song or dancing steel ? (off-tanking pov)
    Purely anecdotal here, but I found dancing steel to be a much larger dps boost. Riposte has to initially activate within the riversong proc in order for the dodge rating to convert to crit. I also didn't notice any DTPS gains from using river's song. (Would you say DTPS gains or DTPS reductions when referring to better DTPS?)

Deleted
    The enchant question is pretty easy for me to be honest:

What are you gemming in your gear? I am pretty sure its avoidance and not strength, I see no reason to change that for your enchant also. As a tank you are urged to reduce your damage intake as much as possible while keeping your damage dealt as high as possible, Rivers Song gives you the best of both worlds (It is also stronger the more vengeance you have, whereas Dancing Steel is not).

Deleted
    What Clampy said is true. If River Song is poop then all your avoidance gemming should be poop aswell. That assumes that you do not profit from Riposte much which either means you are low on avoidance or not tanking a target long enough.

ok ty much guys.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    What Clampy said is true. If River Song is poop then all your avoidance gemming should be poop aswell. That assumes that you do not profit from Riposte much which either means you are low on avoidance or not tanking a target long enough.
    The gemming and forging are constant. The riversong proc is not. In order get crit rating boost from riversong, riversong must proc prior to riposte proccing. If river's song procs during your current state of riposte, the boost to your dodge rating isn't factored into your crit boost. Dancing steel procs will always be a dps boost no matter when the proc occurs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    The gemming and forging are constant. The riversong proc is not. In order get crit rating boost from riversong, riversong must proc prior to riposte proccing. If river's song procs during your current state of riposte, the boost to your dodge rating isn't factored into your crit boost. Dancing steel procs will always be a dps boost no matter when the proc occurs.
    Yes but the magnitude of increase in DPS rivers song gives relative to dancing steel is immense, they break even at 50k vengeance
    When you are consistently playing with at LEAST 300k, even taking into account the downtime you have said rivers song is VASTLY superior

In my current gear I have around 55% Dodge + Parry, that puts riposte going up roughly, just over, once every 3.5 seconds on average. So realistically the whole thing about rivers song needing to be up with riposte refreshed is fairly negligible