Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    DR works by decreasing the percentage base of avoidance you get with higher actual rating. ie (random numbers) If you're sitting at 500 parry rating, adding 100 more parry would give you 1% more parry chance but if you're sitting at 1000 parry rating, adding 100 more parry would only give you .5% parry chance. This is the reason you attempt to even out your dodge and parry. Having the ratings close to each other will result in more net avoidance percentage than having one much higher than the other.
    Aaaaaah, thanks for the info, now it starts making sense.

But are these real numbers or arbitrary ones? Somewhere I've read that the difference from stacking one stat over the other (i.e. parry for revenge) is below 1% net avoidance as compared to having them close to one another.

Between monk and warrior, which is better as the off tank?
    If warrior, should it then be crit>mastery?

T16 4pc or 2pc? Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Between monk and warrior, which is better as the off tank?
    Depends on the player.... and the fight?

If warrior, should it then be crit>mastery?
    What ever you're comfortable with, either a crit build, or a mastery build or like most warriors out there currently an avoidance build.

T16 4pc or 2pc? Thanks!
    2p the 4p is pretty bad.

I'm still no sure what to go for. I'm currently going with a mastery build and have 85% mastery. But when i go avoidance build i would still have 50% mastery but the parry and dodge went up good. I'm starting on HC this week or next week so should i go avoidance?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...intan/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Asragoth View Post

But are these real numbers or arbitrary ones? Somewhere I've read that the difference from stacking one stat over the other (i.e. parry for revenge) is below 1% net avoidance as compared to having them close to one another.
    They're arbitrary. At max level, the amount of ambient dodge and parry on your gear will be sufficient to balance out the effects of DR. I personally choose to keep ratings of both as close as possible, but that's only because i'm a nut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lintan View Post
    I'm still no sure what to go for. I'm currently going with a mastery build and have 85% mastery. But when i go avoidance build i would still have 50% mastery but the parry and dodge went up good. I'm starting on HC this week or next week so should i go avoidance?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...intan/advanced
    I really don't see any reason to go with a mastery build atm, so far I haven't had any troubles whatsoever and actually feel safer with the ridiculous rage gen than I ever did with a mastery build. However, this is from a 10 man heroic perspective (11/14 HC). Although, going on what Gliff and a few others have had to say this holds for 25 HC too. I'd say switch to full avoidance and try it out, I'm pretty sure you won't go back to a mastery build once you've got used to the extra DPS (always nice) and awesome rage generation.

I'd also say I'd feel like a mastery build would be detrimental on a number of fights (while progressing at least, eg. Spoils) where the DPS you do is actually a huge benefit to the raid.
    Last edited by mmoc8b01500a1c; 2013-10-31 at 11:07 AM.

Thx for this, will check it out.

Diminishing Returns formulas are in Theck's post down near the bottom.

Recently updated coefficients are found in this post, also by Theck.

Stack Parry. The difference is gonna be a couple 10ths of a % but you get the bonus of extra revenge procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it's just a WOL bug with the melee hit's not being counted or something but looking over my deaths overview I could not help but notice I was being crit over an over ???

Any one know why it would be registering all these crits? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../1/#tab-deaths

As well if any of you have time to go over the parses and give some prot war specific tips on what I could do to improve then I would be much appreciative. It was our first night on him and was trying everything from swapping talents, glyphs to prioritizing S.block and sbarrier according to inc dmg... you know the "what works for our group" tuning but anything you see that I can do or am not doing and can help would be mucho appreciated! just a an FYI I'm starting as off tank, bringing adds to main pallie tank and taunting Garosh for his call and poping a cd rince repeat. in P2 we were taunting at 3-4 stacks as well ... empowere whirl with adds was generally the road block for us

Pretty sure its a bug. If tanks were able to be crit you would have a HUGE play base all screaming about it. It wouldnt be a little change in survivability. It would be huge.

It appears Blizzard made some changes in the combat log in 5.4.1. Certain abilities are showing as 0 damage on WoL even though the combat log records the event correctly. Exact cause hasn't been determined but my guess is they changed the event type on some abilities and also possibly added new flags that are throwing things off. Hopefully, the kinks will get worked out by next week. Until then, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Deleted
    I would assume its to fix paragons of the klaxxi, but this is most certainly a bug with the combat log. You won't be getting crit tbh

Hi guys, so I'm trying to clean out my deadly boss mods timers because it was starting to get annoying with so many timers covering my screen. So my question is, for example on Iron juggernaut dbm options, what is the difference between "ignite armor debuff" and "ignite armor cooldown". I have a hunch, but just wanted to make sure. Is the first one just showing the timer left on your debuff and the second one the cooldown until the next ability cast? I only want to see the timer for next ability cast, thanks!

Yea, that's correct. Debuff timer is fairly useless, I turn that off for every fight and just make a WA if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Stack Parry. The difference is gonna be a couple 10ths of a % but you get the bonus of extra revenge procs.
    Couldn't the same be said the other way? The amount of extra revenge procs from stacking parry would be negligable because you really aren't getting that much more parry out of the rating. Seems to me that the only real wrong thing to do is forsake parry and stack dodge.

Deleted

Couldn't the same be said the other way? The amount of extra revenge procs from stacking parry would be negligable because you really aren't getting that much more parry out of the rating. Seems to me that the only real wrong thing to do is forsake parry and stack dodge.
    I have about 25k d/p rating, making them equal gains me about ~0.3% total avoidance. When having 54%, thats literally a drop in the ocean.
    You also gotta factor in HTL glyph ontop of the extra revenge procs. 2-3% dps increase is not negligible imo
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-11-01 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    What "extra revenge proc"? Revenge proc from both Parry and Dodge.
    When stacking parry you actually get a bit less procs. (But your Revenge deal more damage thanks to the HtL glyph.)

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    What "extra revenge proc"? Revenge proc from both Parry and Dodge.
    When stacking parry you actually get a bit less procs. (But your Revenge deal more damage thanks to the HtL glyph.)
    Well that's the whole point.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference in parry gained vs overall mitigation loss is fairly significant.

Either way there isn't much of a gain or loss no matter which way you choose, but you save the time spent on figuring out the "perfect" ratio.

Deleted
    From my latest sim in MT gear, stat weightings for pure DPS are as follows;

Strength=4.15, Ap=1.57, ExpertiseRating=21.85, HitRating=24.00, CritRating=9.39, HasteRating=4.18, MasteryRating=0.95, MeleeDps=3.82 Dodge=7.52 Parry 8.09

Basically; In terms of raw DPS, Parry is going to be around 8% more valuable than dodge