Page 76 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...wa2/dashboard/

Hey warrior community. I'm looking for feedback on our prot warrior's performance. I don't know the spec at all, so I don't know if he can improve. I haven't noticed any glaring issues with him, but as I said I don't know the class.

Thanks!
    Surprised the paladin is so very low. Warrior maybe be able to do more but getting more out of the paladin would be a better gain for raid DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Bumping this. Any advice would be welcome. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post23306790
    :3
    Would just grab another Stamina trinket rather than regemming and an Sta flask if you are finding you HP isn't high enough. You should be able to clear the place with that pool as long as you have something ready when the big damage is incoming.

Deleted
    Bumping this. Any advice would be welcome. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post23306790
    :3
    Bumping is bad mmkay..
    Just run with enough stamina to make you and your healers feel comfortable. Start with stam trinkets, then some hybrid gems.
    I wouldn't run crit gear unless it was farm or we really needed the dps. Stick with avoidance for now

my simple suggestions for the crit guy: go avoidance, use stam trinks, 2pc bonus rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...wa2/dashboard/

Hey warrior community. I'm looking for feedback on our prot warrior's performance. I don't know the spec at all, so I don't know if he can improve. I haven't noticed any glaring issues with him, but as I said I don't know the class.

Thanks!
    Looking at Malkorok kill, I guess his damage intake is OK (maybe a bit high... I was taking the same DTPS in a heroic kill before solotanking the rage), but he doesn't care about his DPS. If your guild cares, him doing low DPS I reckon that it comes from a combination of gear (mastery I guess?), maybe missing one of the mandatory glyphs (either HR or hold the line), not using his CD properly (ie, bloodbath and recklesness were not going together, Dragon Roars missing), no potions, no Executes (only 1, come on, you can risk a bit more), bad rotation (32 Shield Slams in a 281 seconds fight; even if you were to not get a single proc, you can fit 46 there). Those Shield Slams also cut into his rage regen, and makes him take more damage. There are missed ultimatum, and I were to guess, there are missed revenges too. Maybe he clicks skills?

So... He may review his rotation, CDs, potions, glyphs and maybe his gear. Though mastery gear is OK if he wants to keep that, if I were tanking 10m normal in 564 I wouldn't be so defensive with my gear.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-11-06 at 07:23 PM.

So how are you guys handling picking up adds in P1 of Garrosh? (10N)

I've got long charge and death from above glyphed in order to get to adds more quickly but I still feel like I'm losing a pack or two from time to time.

Deleted
    How are you splitting the raid up to need that? You should just let them run over to mid area and Thunderclap them, banner also works if you're fucked.
    Last edited by mmoc5247e124b4; 2013-11-07 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post

I've got long charge and death from above glyphed in order to get to adds more quickly but I still feel like I'm losing a pack or two from time to time.
    2 tank it and each tank picks up a pack of 3?

You can do it by yourself but that's a lot of jumping around with adds/boss in your back so ehhh...

Stack up entire raid for P1. video here

Done it on both 10 and 25.

you should be tanking the boss in the middle where all the adds converge to. That way you can thunderclap and dragons roar to pick them up. If any escape, your range should be stacked so you can heroic leap to get any that may have escaped. And tell your dps to not attack them until the adds reach the center.

Deleted

My situation: We don't stack all on top of each other, meele and boss are in the middle, ranges to the right.
    Pull: I intervene the Garrosh tank for some vengeance (and continue to do so while P1 is lasting), so he doesn't just outdps me on the adds
    First Adds: I thunderclap the left adds, get a misdirect on the right ones - when they get close, I dragon's roar.
    Second Adds: thunderclap left, mocking banner to the right (I use recklessness here, to make sure, I've got the adds when mocking banner fades)
    Third Adds: see first adds.

I don't use heroic leap for picking up the adds, because I pull them into the iron star and jump out.

That's 10 man normal btw.

I pull Garrosh.

When adds come, I always take adds coming from the right and my mate takes adds coming from the left.
    The first wave, once everything is packed, I take aggro on everything because I have far more vengeance and my mate taunt Garrosh.
    The second wave, he takes aggro on everything because he has far more vengeance and I taunt Garrosh.
    Etc.

Deleted
    I tank boss and let my DK buddy take the adds.

Deleted
    I tank boss and let my DK buddy take the adds.
    You should rotate them, it makes no sense to try and balance aggro on them.

Deleted
    Im not using thunderclap/BB at p1. And revenge only gets me 1-2 adds which is fine.

Deleted
    Im not using thunderclap/BB at p1. And revenge only gets me 1-2 adds which is fine.
    But why would you do it like this? this is a huge loss in dps and doesn't seem to accomplish anything. If you want to balance something out just let your dk take garrosh every 20 seconds for vengeance and then take him back, you'll both do more damage thsi way and the boss will be easier.

@whoever it was using leap on the adds - I suggest stunning them shortly before the star comes by and using a knockback from a dps instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    But why would you do it like this? this is a huge loss in dps and doesn't seem to accomplish anything. If you want to balance something out just let your dk take garrosh every 20 seconds for vengeance and then take him back, you'll both do more damage thsi way and the boss will be easier.

@whoever it was using leap on the adds - I suggest stunning them shortly before the star comes by and using a knockback from a dps instead.
    I thought that was kinda obvious. The problem comes since we raid with really bad iLvL. In our 10man roster 2 guys have lege cloak and like 5 guys got the meta gem. My ilvl is 535 as Tank which kinda sucks for 10 SoO. Our guild just came back for this final raid so we kinda lack gear because the Legendary quest takes like 2months to complete when you have to start it at patch 5.4.

I mean if you had raided ToT HC everyone of us would have ilvl around 530-540. However we didnt and started straight from SoO with timeless/tot lfr/ soo lfr gear. So we are raiding kinda from "behind". However last night we got Garrosh to 7% and he should go down in next reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    We didn't have any reliable knockback in our first kill setup (a glyphed explosive trap was the best we had), so I started my little ironstar-add-dance, just didn't bother changing it since.
    The way you suggested is way superior of course, if you have at least one semi-decent knockback.

Deleted
    Has anybody solo tanked Thok heroic on their Prot Warr? Going to have an indepth look at whether it's feasible tonight, seen a few BRM's manage it so was wondering if anyone had actually managed it.

Basedboss - Kil'jaeden US

I went to tanking for my guild on my alt to start another 10m raid.

Last night I pugged Thok and was being destroyed with insane spikes (Breath, melee, screech). I shield barrrier/block everytime I can, nothing seems to be working unless I blow all my cds to sustain the damage. I know I can do the other fights with Garrosh being my only other worry, but I need some tips of some sort on Thok. I think my stupid dbm timers are off or something, it was insane, it was like none of my mitigation mattered at times.

Thanks for any tips.

Roll CDs and tank swap asap. Barrier is pretty beast on this fight.

Garrosh is one of the easier bosses to tank IMO. We solo tank it every week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alrysia View Post
    Has anybody solo tanked Thok heroic on their Prot Warr? Going to have an indepth look at whether it's feasible tonight, seen a few BRM's manage it so was wondering if anyone had actually managed it.
    I would venture to say it is not possible on 25 man.